Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

10 hours ago, Ricofoley said:
WWW.VOX.COM

Reed O’Connor is one of the most unapologetic Republican partisans in the entire federal judiciary.

Elon is going to succeed in getting the Media Matters case heard by the friendliest possible judge.

I let out an audible sigh when I read about that particular development yesterday.

Another reminder that Elon only stopped being a Democrat and became a Republican on May 19th 2022. 18 months since then and he is in shambles and falling apart in public while tanking a company he (over)paid 40 billion dollars for.

Let this be a reminder to everyone what happens, should you ever consider doing the same.

• Haha 2

The only thing propping up his whole world is Tesla's overvalued stock.  Twitter is a money pit of his own making, SpaceX is still living on VC cash and has blown up two very expensive rockets.  He spent the 2010s playing Tony Stark and generally catching a lot of compliments for his pie in the sky bullshit.  The bill has come due on a lot of that and his pivot to politics has caused him to be ridiculed by everyone but the goofy right wing culture warriors, who no one actually wants close.

Apparently getting booed at Chapelle's show really cut him deep and since then he's definitely been on a more pronounced spiral.  X was supposed to be the everything app and he's probably seeing no one wants anything to do with it.  He should also probably ask Grok for the definition of blackmail, because what he said isn't blackmail.

• True 1

7 hours ago, finaljedi said:

The only thing propping up his whole world is Tesla's overvalued stock.  Twitter is a money pit of his own making, SpaceX is still living on VC cash and has blown up two very expensive rockets.  He spent the 2010s playing Tony Stark and generally catching a lot of compliments for his pie in the sky bullshit.  The bill has come due on a lot of that and his pivot to politics has caused him to be ridiculed by everyone but the goofy right wing culture warriors, who no one actually wants close.

Apparently getting booed at Chapelle's show really cut him deep and since then he's definitely been on a more pronounced spiral.  X was supposed to be the everything app and he's probably seeing no one wants anything to do with it.  He should also probably ask Grok for the definition of blackmail, because what he said isn't blackmail.

As far as SpaceX goes, yes they are bringing in a lot of VC money for both Starlink and Starship.  But if those programs didn't exist, they'd still be the most prominent (and likely profitable) launch companies in the world.  Over 50 of the 88 launches by SpaceX have been dedicated to Starlink, so the other 30 plus launches were for commercial or government customers.  Their closest American competitor was RocketLab, which conducted 8 launches this year.

8 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Hilarious (well not really considering the impact) that rich people take such destructive turns based on being booed or laughed at. Same thing with Trump being mocked by Obama.

Is it normal to have a "release event" for a product at which you announce that the product is actually going to be released in another 1 to 2 years?

The cheapest rear-wheel drive model won’t be available until 2025, with a price starting at $60,990 (before applying discounts), while a top-of-the-line “Cyberbeast” has a $99,990 price and estimated 320 miles of range.

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I still can't get over the shatterproof windows, that thing is a rolling death trap.

It's not just a rolling death trap, it's a rolling projectile.

Musk made a point of the fact that in a crash with another vehicle, the Cybertruck—which weighs 6,603–6,843 lbs (2,995–3,104 kg)—will destroy the other vehicle.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/11/the-tesla-cybertruck-finally-goes-on-sale-starting-at-60990

How in the ever-loving fuck is this thing street legal?

Yeah, I deleted it off my phone and I'm keeping myself logged off on my PC. I've found enough accounts on Bluesky of people I followed on Twitter who have switched over at least part time that it's good enough without any of the baggage. I made exactly one allowance for myself to log back in briefly, and that was to get as much Kissinger is Dead content last night as possible.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Making guys insecure about their tiny dicks feel better about themselves?

Sure. But also, like, hauling construction equipment and materials, towing, etc.

Don't get me wrong I see plenty of chodes driving F-150s that they don't use for truck things but most of the people paying the premium for an F-250 or higher (or similarly classed truck) are actually using them for their intended purpose because of that premium.

37 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

But a Ford F-250 will actually be used for truck things. The Cybertruck will not.

Most people who buy full-size trucks do not use them for their intended purpose.  I'm glad I traded in my F-150 for a maverick.  It does everything I need it to (even the occasional truck-specific task) while getting good mileage and not being a burden to park. 

I'd happily buy a plug-in hybrid truck or even a fully electric truck if they made one that was the size of the Maverick.  Ram is coming out with a plug-in hybrid 1500, but that'a full size, and I don't want or need anything that big.  

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sure. But also, like, hauling construction equipment and materials, towing, etc.

Don't get me wrong I see plenty of chodes driving F-150s that they don't use for truck things but most of the people paying the premium for an F-250 or higher (or similarly classed truck) are actually using them for their intended purpose because of that premium.

I see a lot of people using trucks for legitimate purposes at my job as well. Hell most of the floats for this year's Macy's Parade were pulled by pickups.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Most people who buy full-size trucks do not use them for their intended purpose.  I'm glad I traded in my F-150 for a maverick.  It does everything I need it to (even the occasional truck-specific task) while getting good mileage and not being a burden to park. 

I'd happily buy a plug-in hybrid truck or even a fully electric truck if they made one that was the size of the Maverick.  Ram is coming out with a plug-in hybrid 1500, but that'a full size, and I don't want or need anything that big.  

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

:|

5 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Substitute "Macy's parade" for "my livelihood".

The amount of full size trucks I see running around the Vegas area, including heavy-duty trucks is quite high, and they are used as commuter vehicles.  They aren't towing anything or have work stuff in the bed.  They are used to get from their homes to their office or job site.  

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I had an '03 Ford Ranger, stick shift. Mechanically not a great vehicle, but a nice sized usable bed because it wasn't taken up by a useless crew cab, small enough not to be a pain in the ass and got good gas mileage.  But at some point the F-150 became the small size for a truck...

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I had an '03 Ford Ranger, stick shift. Mechanically not a great vehicle, but a nice sized usable bed because it wasn't taken up by a useless crew cab, small enough not to be a pain in the ass and got good gas mileage.  But at some point the F-150 became the small size for a truck...

Dark days indeed.  But Ford has been selling the (mid-size) Ranger for 4 years now, and the Maverick for 2 years now.  The Maverick is just about the same as the old Ranger.

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The amount of full size trucks I see running around the Vegas area, including heavy-duty trucks is quite high, and they are used as commuter vehicles.  They aren't towing anything or have work stuff in the bed.  They are used to get from their homes to their office or job site.  

Ah yes, the classic "I don't see it, so it doesn't exist" argument.

It's time to get out more.

12 minutes ago, Reputator said:

There are parking lots filled with enormous trucks in pristine condition here in Ohio and most of them aren't used for work.  There is certainly a cultural thing around big trucks in the US that's disconnected from any utility, especially out here in the middle of the country.

17 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I find it hard to believe that most of the 2 million full-size trucks that were sold in America in 2022 are used for business purposes, or even for true truck stuff.  They are mostly pavement princesses.