Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is fun...

WWW.CNBC.COM

pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild's most valuable lieutenants at Tesla and SpaceX had learned ways to deflect his bad ideas and drip-feed him unwelcome information, but the...

So Twitter crashed during the DeSantis announcement because the Sacramento data center was down because Musk said he could move it in two weeks rather than the 6 months he was quoted. This meant disconnecting all the electrical without an electrician and hiring movers they found on Yelp that had no insurance, no IDs, and required the whole $13k move be paid in cash. It's also still broken because all of Twitter's load balancing is hard coded to include routes back to the old data center.

However, it's not Musk's fault. It's the fault of everyone that didn't tell him everything that could possibly go wrong when he started screaming at them because "moving a bunch of computers is easy".

This is something we all already knew, though.

:facepalm:

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I like that for a couple of days, all private Twitter user data was held, unencrypted by a bunch of guys who could not provide ID and were paid $13k in cash.

It's ok, though, because they put a lock on the truck and stuck some Air Tags on the server racks.

It's really weird, those Mexican guys spoke really good Russian... 

FUTURISM.COM

Walter Isaacson's new biography on pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild also reveals that the CEO left his engineers who wanted to use LiDAR exasperated.

lmao

instead of doing something about their FSD programming they had the city repaint the lines

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
FUTURISM.COM

Walter Isaacson's new biography on pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild also reveals that the CEO left his engineers who wanted to use LiDAR exasperated.

lmao

instead of doing something about their FSD programming they had the city repaint the lines

"We're trying to have those conversations with Elon to establish what the sensors would need to do," Baglino added. "And they were really difficult conversations, because he kept coming back to the fact that people have just two eyes and they can drive the car."

This man is deeply and irreparably stupid, which isn't surprising seeing as how he thinks that if Legos are inexpensive and have tight tolerances, Cybertruck should be flawless because it's expensive.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This man is deeply and irreparably stupid, which isn't surprising seeing as how he thinks that if Legos are inexpensive and have tight tolerances, Cybertruck should be flawless because it's expensive.

Excuse me sir but you are not allowed to badmouth the singular genius who is Ellon Muks

Yep, here’s the article:

WWW.CNBC.COM

Musk used a livestreamed conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss plans for Twitter, now X, and rebut allegations of antisemitism.

Yeah, this will get me to move to Blue Sky or Threads permanently.

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

39 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Yep, here’s the article:

WWW.CNBC.COM

Musk used a livestreamed conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss plans for Twitter, now X, and rebut allegations of antisemitism.

Yeah, this will get me to move to Blue Sky or Threads permanently.

I mean, this is so obviously suicidal that I can't help but think back to the conspiracy theories that Musk is purposefully trying to sink the platform so he can file for bankruptcy.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I've been hanging on to twitter while waiting for a good alternative to manifest because of the AI twitter community (and other science communities), but this will push me out immediately, alternative or not :/ 

Considering how hostile the app has become to science-oriented communities, I'm somewhat surprised/disappointed that the move hasn't been made already.

20 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Did you try moving their toys to the other side of the room? That worked with my kids.

Funny thing is that I *do* have a collection of kids toys that I was using for some robotics experiments a few years ago! Robotics labs very often look like children's toy rooms :p 

(Actually, it's possible I threw them away when we moved, but I used to have a bunch!)

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Considering how hostile the app has become to science-oriented communities, I'm somewhat surprised/disappointed that the move hasn't been made already.

Many of us (self included) tried Mastadon when he first took over, but people just didn't like it. It was ultimately too hard to get content from people you weren't following, requiring various hacks. I was willing to stick with those hacks, but not enough people were willing to do so. And now we're all stuck back on twitter again :/ 

4 minutes ago, legend said:

Many of us (self included) tried Mastadon when he first took over, but people just didn't like it. It was ultimately too hard to get content from people you weren't following, requiring various hacks. I was willing to stick with those hacks, but not enough people were willing to do so. And now we're all stuck back on twitter again :/ 

You should have switched to cohost. Follow me I'll give you the content you desire!

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You should have switched to cohost. Follow me I'll give you the content you desire!

Unfortunately I need the whole community to make that decision. And I'm not sure cohost was even fully open at the most crucial moment? (Not sure though).

• Sad 1