KBJ confirmation hearings

4 hours ago, ort said:

I feel like this is going to be an uneventful and boring nomination process. I guess we'll see.

Mostly, because Mitch knows this seat is largely meaningless and it allows them to makes Dems look bad for being so contentious with confirmations by comparison.

And they are not entirely wrong. Dems still haven't learned that the time to get SCOTUS picks they want is at the ballot box, not the confirmation hearing.

Still would love to know what the end game on filibustering Gorsuch was that gave Mitch an excuse to kill the filibuster.

Almost Trump's entire 4 years left in the Oval at the time, 48 votes in the Senate(I think?) but somehow we're going to stop Trump from getting the pick he wanted....

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

idk it seems like maybe other justices also have some legal experience that Jackson might not have.

lol, that is a silly chart.

I’ve seen some truly idiotic vile crap come from the official GOP twitter account. It’s pretty gross that main steam politics has descended to this level.  They have so little respect for their core audience. They really assume that their followers are nothing but idiotic dopey fools who lack even an ounce of common sense or critic thinking skills and sadly they are probably correct. 

36 minutes ago, ort said:

They really assume that their followers are nothing but idiotic dopey fools who lack even an ounce of common sense or critic thinking skills and sadly they are probably correct. 

after all we have seen just from the last 5 years or so are they even wrong though to assume that?

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Mystal didn’t even know that Kim Potter wasn’t convicted of murder. Guy is so lazy with facts. I really don’t know why he became so notable.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Mystal didn’t even know that Kim Potter wasn’t convicted of murder. Guy is so lazy with facts. I really don’t know why he became so notable.

I mean this reinforces his point. The way cotton frames murder in his question is ambiguous enough to maybe include manslaughter. Or near enough to not matter to a mass audience

republicans are going to try and gin up a controversy over what amounts to nothing and this is whole hearing is them throwing shit against the wall to try and make it stick. 

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

BTW Senator Braun wants to invalidate my marriage. I would love for him to fornicate with a pineapple. In his butt.

Same, I’m waiting for when the GOP publicly calls for the question of slavery being a state’s right. -.-

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Cruz yelled at airport staff in Montana because he was going to miss his flight to DC to ask this nonsense. He was delayed by a day and still got to ask it.

What the hell was he doing in Montana? Did he miss his connection to Cancun?

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

2 hours ago, brucoe said:

What the hell was he doing in Montana? Did he miss his connection to Cancun?

Probably thought truckers were still at the boarder protesting and was going up to offer his support. With his kids observing his amazing work from the ski slopes 

On 3/25/2022 at 1:14 PM, Jason said:

It's good that President Manchin has weighed in but what of our Quirky Girl Qween?

Susan Collins was disappointed you called him president so she's voting yes.

220330081711-susan-collins-ketanji-brown
WWW.CNN.COM

Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine will vote to confirm President Joe Biden's Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, she told The New York Times in an interview published on Wednesday, the first GOP senator to do so.