Any ‘last gen’ games you still need to play?

gamer.tv

I’m still a PS4 pauper (until at least 2022), so I’ve managed to play through all the major experiences over the past…7 years.

I do however still need to buy: 

Spiderman 

Resident Evil 3

Outer Wilds

Ghost of Tsushima

Bar that, I feel like I’ve had my money’s worth from my PS4. 

• gamer.tv changed the title to Any ‘last gen’ games you still need to play?

There are still games from the NES era that I never really played, but have wanted to for many years. Realistically, I could spend the rest of my life playing video games, and probably not reach current gen if I started at NES, and worked my way up.

There are a few PS4 titles I want to play, most of which are part of the PS+ Free Game Month selections.  There are also still some Wii, and Wii U titles I want to play, same with PS3, and PS2 even. Not forgetting there are a few...or more PC titles on both Steam, and GOG that are on my list.

Gaming as an adult is a delicate balance of managing your time.

Last gen is still my current gen, and will most likely be my final gen since I don’t plan on getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X. I currently have like 600 PS4 games, and I still have Xbox 360 games that I want to play.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Going back to the PS360 gen, I still want to/need to beat The Saboteur.

That’s one of my favorite games from that console generation, I plan on playing it again at some point.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I suppose for those that have mentioned either a lot of games or those from quite a while ago, do you actually think you’ll get to them? Or is it more, you’d like to, but probably won’t. Sort of how I feel about my PS2 collection.

I only own an Xbox 360 and PS4, and there’s only a few Xbox 360 games in my collection that I haven’t played. I do plan on playing them at some point though. There’s even some that I would like to play again as well, but I’m not sure that I will.

I currently have like 600 PS4 games, and there’s still more out and coming out that I want. I realistically probably won’t play them all, but I still can’t stop buying them when I see them for cheap. :p

1 hour ago, stepee said:

A whole bunch, finishing Death Stranding and Ghosts and Ff7:R being the top ones. Oh and Witcher 3 when the RT patch hits. Then a bunch which will now be portable games on the deck/switch 2 mostly.

Death Stranding on PS5 is awesome from what I've seen. You must play Ghost of Tsushima on your PS5 at 60fps 4K. Terrific game.

Counting only the AAA games I already own.

On PS5 when I get one:
God of War (finish)
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Ghosts of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Uncharted 4 (finish) / LL
Bloodborne

PC short list:
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Doom
Witcher 3
Control
Gears 5

Nioh

Prey

Batman Arkham Knight
Shadow of Mordor
Halo Collection
Crash & Spryo collections (finish)
Yakzua series (own 0-3)
Metro series
AC Origins / Odyssey if I ever get around to them
( SW Fallen Order - will pick up in EGS sale )

I'm usually 2-3 years behind the curve, because that's when prices hit rock bottom.  I probably play indies more than AAA these days, so it all piles up.

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Death Stranding on PS5 is awesome from what I've seen. You must play Ghost of Tsushima on your PS5 at 60fps 4K. Terrific game.

Yeah, I think I’m going to need to drag my ps5 out to my living room soon since I’ve knocked out a bunch of stuff on pc.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Your final gen? Will you strictly stick to Pc or are you giving up gaming all together?

I don’t game on PC because I have a cheap old laptop, I strictly game on my Xbox 360 and PS4. PS4 will most likely be my final gen of gaming because I currently have like 600 games for it, and there’s still more out and coming out that I want. I’ll never realistically be able to play them all, so I have no need for another console.

Gaming is one of my favorite things, so I won’t be giving up on it until I can’t physically do it anymore. I’m 51 with health issues, and I’ve been noticing a decline in my ability to play games for as long as I could when I was younger and healthier. So I don’t really know how much longer that I’ll be able to keep gaming for, but I do know that I currently have more than enough games to play until I can’t anymore.

• Sad 1

On 12/18/2021 at 3:34 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

I need to play and beat the expansions for Last of Us and Uncharted 4. Going back to the PS360 gen, I still want to/need to beat The Saboteur.

Lost Legacy is pretty much a standalone game, and it’s got the best set piece of the series imo. Hope you enjoy when you get around to it.

• Thanks 1