Microsoft will sell you $25 RROD commemorative poster.

Jason

Xbox-Red-Ring-100349-18x24-MF_600x600_cr
GEAR.XBOX.COM

The Xbox Gear Shop is commemorating the release of Power On: The Story of Xbox docuseries with a poster print series featuring the promotional art and episode title cards. Collect all 7 prints! 10 mil (0.25 mm) thick Paper weight: 7.67 oz/y² (260 g/m²) Slightly glossy Fingerprint resistant Printed on high-quality paper stock sourced from Japan

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Thats Not How It Works GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If you told my 20 something year old self MS themselves would be selling posters of that fiasco I would have lost my mind. 

I remember being a poor high school / college kid and the idea of a console dying on me truly stressed me the hell out. I waited until the 360 came out with a non RROD model before I got one. My PS2 survived but I had to take it apart pretty often and clean the lens. 

It all seems so silly now, like if my PS5 died I’d be like… huh… that’s interesting… then probably not buy a sony console for 10 years or something. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

How bout they just give me one to commemorate the two of my 360s that arrived in an early grave 

Mine luckily never red ring'd, it had a crappy disc drive that I would have to force open. But a friend of mine received 2 consoles in a row that were red ring'd upon first boot up. Ridiculous. 

On another subject, I've recently completely given up on my Xbox 360 (was waiting on the Xbox Series X but gave up on the scalping mess). The bluray player started skipping while I was playing movies, and it got so bad that I finally just unplugged the thing and bought a new bluray player to replace it.

I will probably NEVER buy another console again.

8 minutes ago, brucoe said:

On another subject, I've recently completely given up on my Xbox 360 (was waiting on the Xbox Series X but gave up on the scalping mess). The bluray player started skipping while I was playing movies, and it got so bad that I finally just unplugged the thing and bought a new bluray player to replace it.

Damn you got a blu-ray drive on your Xbox 360? Did you have the HD-DVD add on too?

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Damn you got a blu-ray drive on your Xbox 360? Did you have the HD-DVD add on too?

Oh wow,  my memory is getting bad in my old age. I was talking about the Xbox One. I also had an Xbox 360 (which I then bought an Xbox One). The Xbox One's drive went bad. It's part of the problem of them making systems and practically naming them the same thing.

• True 1

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

Oh wow,  my memory is getting bad in my old age. I was talking about the Xbox One. I also had an Xbox 360 (which I then bought an Xbox One). The Xbox One's drive went bad. It's part of the problem of them making systems and practically naming them the same thing.

I still have the HD-DVD drive.