The Matrix Awakens - an Unreal Engine 5 "experience" to launch with the new film, update: available for pre-load on PSN/XBL

Commissar SFLUFAN

ehqk8aJjx4hcDQPCe5GQjR-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

This wouldn't be the first game set in The Matrix

The Matrix Awakens is apparently a tie-in game using Unreal Engine 5 for the upcoming film.

Earlier today on December 2, reputable Fortnite leaker and dataminer @ShiinaBR on Twitter posted the tweet just below, claiming that they'd been provided with information that showed a new Unreal Engine 5 game was coming for The Matrix Resurrections. The leaker believes that this new game will launch alongside the supposed crossover event for The Matrix Resurrections, which has been rumored for a few weeks now.

Part of UE5's appeal is that it's supposed to be able to pull in assets of effectively unlimited quality, even the assets that are used for the film. Whatever this "experience" ends up being, it would be pretty nifty if this is a glimpse into a future where game assets and film assets are pretty much the same thing.

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

Explore a boundary-pushing cinematic and interactive tech demo

WWW.XBOX.COM

Get ready for a glimpse into the future of interactive storytelling and entertainment with UE5 in this free, boundary-pushing cinematic and real-time tech demo. Created by members of the original movie team including Lana Wachowski along with Epic Games and partners, 'The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience' is a wild ride into the reality-bending universe of 'The Matrix' that features performances by Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne...

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Matrix Awakens - an Unreal Engine 5 "experience" to launch with the new film, update: available for pre-load on PSN/XBL
2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

13004380.jpg

Yes, yes I would very much indeed @XxEvil AshxX

It starts off with video of Keanu and Carrie Ann Moss talking about what technology was capable of back when the original Matrix came out and what they imagined it would be by now. Then it changes to CG Keanu and Carrie and they go for a drive.

Then it switches to a real-time car chase where you're shooting at agents chasing you. 

After that it lets you loose to wander around the city either on foot or in a car, or you can fly the camera around drone-style.

I'll share a screenshot if it ever decides to upload.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

You guys check this out? It’s fucking incredible! This gen gonna be baller. @best3444 this is some serious next gen flex here 

I forgot to take a look this evening because I'm all about Halo right now. I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow. I did watch it on YouTube but its not the same seeing it on my screen via XSX. This gen will be insane I agree.

02_Screenshot_3840x2160_Legal.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Yesterday, in a surprise announcement at The Game Awards, Epic Games revealed that The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience, a new playable Unreal Engine 5 technical demo, was available for everyone on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Created by members of the original “The Matrix”movie team including Lana Wachowski, James McTeigue, […]

10 hours ago, vaxick said:

Shame we more than likely will not seem games with this level of visual quality until the chips shortage is behind us.  Until then, we're going to be living with games designed for multi generations.

TBF, the framerate is so poor on both PS5 and XSX, I don’t think we’ll actually see full-games with this detail until next gen (or “updates” of the current gen). Ridiculously impressive, regardless 

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I really only noticed it chug severely when crashing into some cars and glass/debris was generated.

Felt like it ran in the 20s to me. Reminded me of the 360/PS3 generation. When you first get into the open world it’s certainly 30 until you start really moving around.