The Matrix Awakens - an Unreal Engine 5 "experience" to launch with the new film, update: available for pre-load on PSN/XBL

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Felt like it ran in the 20s to me. Reminded me of the 360/PS3 generation. When you first get into the open world it’s certainly 30 until you start really moving around.

Yeah I could tell it wasn't the 100 fps I'm used to by the input lag, and the character animations weren't next gen to me.  But it was otherwise impressive.

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

TBF, the framerate is so poor on both PS5 and XSX, I don’t think we’ll actually see full-games with this detail until next gen (or “updates” of the current gen). Ridiculously impressive, regardless 

I could imagine this being used in smaller environments though, not full-scale cities.  Especially in games such as survival horror titles where physics are so minimal.

@stepee @Keyser_Soze I finally got around to playing this and it was definitely impressive. While driving there was dips in framerate but other than that it looked spectacular. It just made me want GTA 6 even more. Walking around the city was photorealistic. Driving was a nice touch but there really isn't much to do. I realize it's just a tech demo for unreal engine 5 but this just shows what games will be looking like in 2023-2024. It'll get even better than that. The future for these consoles and PC behind the unreal tech is extremely bright. 

Even after playing that demo Halo still impressed me with the great lighting and textures.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

52 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee @Keyser_Soze I finally got around to playing this and it was definitely impressive. While driving there was dips in framerate but other than that it looked spectacular. It just made me want GTA 6 even more. Walking around the city was photorealistic. Driving was a nice touch but there really isn't much to do. I realize it's just a tech demo for unreal engine 5 but this just shows what games will be looking like in 2023-2024. It'll get even better than that. The future for these consoles and PC behind the unreal tech is extremely bright. 

Even after playing that demo Halo still impressed me with the great lighting and textures.

Stalker 2 in 2022 is UE5 and might be your first taste of some of this in a real game!