God of War Ragnarök - Information Thread, update: initial OpenCritic reviews of Valhalla DLC posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

ME2 is interesting because you can make an argument for it being better (snappier gameplay, lots of great side loyalty missions, no Mako padding) or against (no Mako exploration, fewer upgrades available, doesn't move the overarching story much), but I don't think it's an indisputable jump over the first in the gamer community.

But something like OG God of War 1 to God of War 2 is mostly considered a huge jump, with GOW2 in the running for GOTY that year (along with Mass Effect 1, interestingly enough!) in a stuffed year.

• Halal 1

I'm not clicking on that video. Is it a joke, or like a compilation of raging fanboys? 

It's honestly pathetic the amount of YouTubers are just angry losers getting angry over a game. Like videos on Modern Warfare II there's a bunch like "MW2 is pathetic", "Complete failure!", "Infinity Ward should be ashamed", and I'm just like, grow up. Even if the complaints are valid, their way of expressing their displeasure is childish. Much prefer the more reasoned, calm, and mature commenters. 

52 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm not clicking on that video. Is it a joke, or like a compilation of raging fanboys? 

It's honestly pathetic the amount of YouTubers are just angry losers getting angry over a game. Like videos on Modern Warfare II there's a bunch like "MW2 is pathetic", "Complete failure!", "Infinity Ward should be ashamed", and I'm just like, grow up. Even if the complaints are valid, their way of expressing their displeasure is childish. Much prefer the more reasoned, calm, and mature commenters. 

People have made millions on YouTube by posting clickbait nonsense headlines. TheQuartering comes to mind.

"Movie X DESTROYED by Reviews!"

It's one review that comes directly from a site designed to propagate right wing outrage.

"FROSK CALLS GAMERS MISOGYNIST TROLLS!" before spending 15 minutes proving her completely right.

Usually there isn't even any self awareness at how transparent they are. 

But, they also get rich.

But the video above actually calls out the hate and racism in the Sony fanbase online (and it exists in large numbers). 

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

People have made millions on YouTube by posting clickbait nonsense headlines. TheQuartering comes to mind.

"Movie X DESTROYED by Reviews!"

It's one review that comes directly from a site designed to propagate right wing outrage.

"FROSK CALLS GAMERS MISOGYNIST TROLLS!" before spending 15 minutes proving her completely right.

Usually there isn't even any self awareness at how transparent they are. 

But, they also get rich.

But the video above actually calls out the hate and racism in the Sony fanbase online (and it exists in large numbers). 

by sony fanbase you mean all of gaming. doesn’t matter what company they like  :lol:

• True 1

6 hours ago, Brick said:

It's basically the guy reading off a number of hateful tweets targeted at the Korean reviewer. The most interesting part, if you can believe it, the reviewer responded in the comments section.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol I thought this was unlocking Thursday night, not tonight :lol: Been playing for about an hour. One thing I WILL say is this isn't Chris Hensworth's Thor, this is Russel Crows Thor. Trying to place his voice... sounds like Josh Brolin but it's not him, right? interesting intepretation for Odin too.

Its Opie from SoA. Ryan Hurst.

Fuck me. Just picked up my copy at Target, and they had a stack of PS5 bundles behind guest services. Didn’t even consider that as an option. That store was sold out, but another one in town still had some. Almost pulled the trigger, but that’s just a little more than I’m able to justify spending right now. 

18 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Fuck me. Just picked up my copy at Target, and they had a stack of PS5 bundles behind guest services. Didn’t even consider that as an option. That store was sold out, but another one in town still had some. Almost pulled the trigger, but that’s just a little more than I’m able to justify spending right now. 

Double fuck me. Ordered one anyway. #YOLO

I'll pick it up after therapy, where we’ll discuss my reckless spending habits.

• Hugs 1

33 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Double fuck me. Ordered one anyway. #YOLO

I'll pick it up after therapy, where we’ll discuss my reckless spending habits.

Holy shit. Nice, man!

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im about 5 hours in. Game is so much fun so far.

How in the hell are you 5 hours in already! 

I played an hour last night before going to sleep. It kicks you in the balls right away. :(

Silly kinda question...

There's someone you encounter early on in the game and their character model looks... just okay? Curious if other people feel the same way. I don't wanna spoiler tag it even just to keep people fresh, but people will know who I mean.

Not BAD just standing next to Kratos I feel like there's an obvious gap in quality.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I played an hour last night before going to sleep. It kicks you in the balls right away. :(

Silly kinda question...

There's someone you encounter early on in the game and their character model looks... just okay? Curious if other people feel the same way. I don't wanna spoiler tag it even just to keep people fresh, but people will know who I mean.

Not BAD just standing next to Kratos I feel like there's an obvious gap in quality.

Muscles make you look realistic. In real life, The Rock looks more realistic than you, you know?