God of War Ragnarök - Information Thread, update: initial OpenCritic reviews of Valhalla DLC posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Best game from last gen was Witcher 3.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is my favorite game from last gen.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Its the best first party exclusive of the generation

It’s one of the best for sure, but I liked Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II more myself. However, it might be on par with Days Gone and Uncharted 4 for me. I haven’t played Spider-Man yet.

15 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is my favorite game from last gen.

It’s one of the best for sure, but I liked Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II more myself. However, it might be on par with Days Gone and Uncharted 4 for me. I haven’t played Spider-Man yet.

Odyssey was good, but its not even close to my favorite AC, and it had major progression problems (side content was necessary to level up to progress main story content, and I despise that). Personally, I think the series went downhill after the Ezio trilogy, and the last couple just didn't feel like AC to me. 

22 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Odyssey was good, but its not even close to my favorite AC, and it had major progression problems (side content was necessary to level up to progress main story content, and I despise that). Personally, I think the series went downhill after the Ezio trilogy, and the last couple just didn't feel like AC to me. 

I played Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for the first time last year, and apparently a lot was fixed, tweaked and added to it over the years such as the leveling progression so it was probably a lot better than how it was years ago. Also, I don’t know which character that you played as but I personally wouldn’t have wanted to spend one minute playing as Alexios. Ubisoft said that Kassandra is the canon character (which is proven in Valhalla), and that Alexios was designed to be Deimos not her which is obvious when playing it. She’s one of my favorite more recent game protagonists.

I don’t really look at Odyssey as an Assassin’s Creed game, but more as a stand-alone open world action RPG since very little of it resembles Assassin’s Creed. And it’s one of the best in the open world action RPG genre that I’ve played. I liked it so much that I played through it twice last year, the first time without the DLC and the second time with it.

What's been fucked up is the medication I'm on for my ulcers makes it difficult to sleep. So since I've been off work I'm waking up at 1:30am and I game for a few hours. It's crazy but I enjoy myself. It's not good that I'm not getting any sleep though. 

I'm confident I'll beat GOW by Sunday because it's all I do is game. 

• Halal 2

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

What's been fucked up is the medication I'm on for my ulcers makes it difficult to sleep. So since I've been off work I'm waking up at 1:30am and I game for a few hours. It's crazy but I enjoy myself. It's not good that I'm not getting any sleep though. 

I'm confident I'll beat GOW by Sunday because it's all I do is game. 

Glad you're at least enjoying GOW in the meantime! It's a lovely game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

GOW is the first game to enter my top 5 which is now SOTN, Mario World, Mario 64, MGS2, GOW, in two decades. Knocked out LTTP for me.

It's definitely special and so well made. Some of the puzzles are pretty cool, too. I'm actually liking Atreus this time around. His dialogue is pretty great and I like how he mocks Kratos. 

I’ve been on total blackout since the announcement, but I haven’t seen much talk of how this is shaping up graphically on ps5?

What kind of cross gen are we looking at here: super high detail current gen worthy like Horizon FW, last gen but 60fps with ray tracing and a few tweeks like Miles, or it’s the ps4 pro version but 60fps like Uncharted? I’m assuming it’s the latter since I’ve not heard anybody talking about this looking amazing, but I’d love to be surprised!

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I’ve been on total blackout since the announcement, but I haven’t seen much talk of how this is shaping up graphically on ps5?

What kind of cross gen are we looking at here: super high detail current gen worthy like Horizon FW, last gen but 60fps with ray tracing and a few tweeks like Miles, or it’s the ps4 pro version but 60fps like Uncharted? I’m assuming it’s the latter since I’ve not heard anybody talking about this looking amazing, but I’d love to be surprised!

It's the PS4 Pro version and runs pretty consistently at 60fps. No graphical upgrades. Still, not too bad.

19 hours ago, best3444 said:

And I didn't beat GOW today. I'm literally at the end though so tomorrow morning will be it. I played enough for the day lol 😆 

Played 3 hours this morning and it's still not beat. I got stuck up on some puzzles that I had to cheat on and I had to lower the difficulty to easy because I was getting my ass handed to me.

I'm pretty sure I'm at the end but maybe not. I was hoping to beat this today. 

How close am I?

Spoiler

In order to go to Jötunheim we need Mimir's extra eye. I'm about to ask the dwarves. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours this morning and it's still not beat. I got stuck up on some puzzles that I had to cheat on and I had to lower the difficulty to easy because I was getting my ass handed to me.

I'm pretty sure I'm at the end but maybe not. I was hoping to beat this today. 

How close am I?

Hide contents

In order to go to Jötunheim we need Mimir's extra eye. I'm about to ask the dwarves. 

Spoiler

Pretty close. But there's plenty of side content, and it's actually fun content. I love Musphelheim and Niflheim.

• Thanks 1

I finally beat it just now. I forgot a lot which made this experience almost fresh. What a fuckin masterpiece with only small flaws that I saw. One being the only boss fights are with Boulder and orges which kinda got old near the end. Secondly, there was a particular move i would do that would basically glitch out and have Kratos just run at an object for a few seconds then stop. It was strange but overall these are very small complaints. The game is so well designed and thought out it's really, really impressive. 

I'm not doing anymore with the game because I don't want to be burnt out before Ragnarök. That's going to be insane. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to God of War: Ragnarök (09 November 2022) - Information Thread, update: State of Play September 2022 "Story" and "Controller" trailers
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to God of War: Ragnarök (09 November 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Gold" status announced