Death Stranding Director's Cut - PC (Steam/EGS) release announced for March 30, $10 upgrade for existing owners

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Ugh. Demon's Souls remake, Spider-Man, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergade, Grand Theft Auto V, and now this. PS5 needs more original software and fewer last-gen ports.

This isn't the god damn Switch.

It might be similar, but Demon's Souls remake is no port. And Spider-Man: Miles Morales is way better on PS5, but that's me. Otherwise, yeah. I'll watch any extra story content online unless the director's cut is substantial. Wonderful game though, I put like almost 200 hours into it.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I still don't understand why there's a "director's cut" of a game wherein the director, Hideo Kojima, had complete fucking creative control over the whole development.

lol fucking good call.

If you have this on ps4 then it’s $10 to upgrade here, not too shabby!

I definitely wish I didn’t get this on pc now since I have it on ps4 and was a few chapters in just waiting for an upgrade to resume. Should have waited longer.

Now I have to decide between $10 and get all this extra content and dual sense and resume my ps4 save which I rather resume than my much earlier pc save, or play the older version but at 4k dlss/120fps and just make up that extra ground on my save.

Oh well I have until September to decide how I’ll finally play this, maybe the pc version will get a $10 dlc and dual sense support like Metro has. That would be ideal I suppose.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

lol fucking good call.

If you have this on ps4 then it’s $10 to upgrade here, not too shabby!

I definitely wish I didn’t get this on pc now since I have it on ps4 and was a few chapters in just waiting for an upgrade to resume. Should have waited longer.

Now I have to decide between $10 and get all this extra content and dual sense and resume my ps4 save which I rather resume than my much earlier pc save, or play the older version but at 4k dlss/120fps and just make up that extra ground on my save.

Oh well I have until September to decide how I’ll finally play this, maybe the pc version will get a $10 dlc and dual sense support like Metro has. That would be ideal I suppose.

If the game has failed that spectacularly to command your attention to play it despite you buying two different versions already, I somehow doubt a third will make a difference. :p

Do have to applaud Sony's market research, that probably clearly told them selling Remasters of games this gen would not go over well, so they labeled them as "Directors Cuts" instead.

The $10 upgrade price here seems fair though. I don't have a ton of interest in this game, but may be tempted to pick it up at some point to see what it's like for myself.

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Do have to applaud Sony's market research, that probably clearly told them selling Remasters of games this gen would not go over well, so they labeled them as "Directors Cuts" instead.

The $10 upgrade price here seems fair though. I don't have a ton of interest in this game, but may be tempted to pick it up at some point to see what it's like for myself.

$10 upgrade is the way they guarantee their $70 for a PS5 game it seems. Doing it for this and doing it for Ghosts of Tsushima.

36 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Ghost of Tsushima gives you only a $30 option though if you own PS5 right?

If you own PS4 version and upgrade your PS4 version: $19.99

If you own PS4 Director's cut version and upgrade to the PS5 version it is $9.99

If you own OG PS4 version and upgrade to PS5 Director's Cut it is $29.99

If you don't own it at all the DC is is $59.99 on PS4 and $69.99 on PS5

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

I remember everyone hating on this game when it launched. Now everyone is fucking GaGa to play it. Funny how a new console without any games to play on it will do that to you. 

:salt: of not finding a console is real, yo.

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Enjoy all your new director cut games!

Lots of new content in this, but who has the time? I’m playing R&C NG+ and then have to Hades.

I guess you have time if you’re having trouble finding a console.

tic tac k GIF by Nate Makuch

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Lots of new content in this, but who has the time? I’m playing R&C NG+ and then have to Hades.

I guess you have time if you’re having trouble finding a console.

tic tac k GIF by Nate Makuch

R&C is garbage. Also I played Hades last gen but hey you enjoy it on your $500 indie machine!

The game is done very well, and it was definitely a serious development advancement. Unfortunately for me, it hit one of those gamer moments that caused me to stop (I'm very much not a fan of having to stealth against impossible enemies, which was forced very early in the game; I've quite a few games because of that). But overall, the interface and the story line was definitely way up there in the grand scheme of games.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Death Stranding Director's Cut announced for PS5, update: new details announced
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 4:55 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I still don't understand why there's a "director's cut" of a game wherein the director, Hideo Kojima, had complete fucking creative control over the whole development.

They marketed the phrase "Assistant Lead Tester's Cut" and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't drive any sales, other than Ralph from Accounting but Ralph buys pretty much anything.

40 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I think he’s just a huge movie nerd, so instead of a “GOTY Edition” or whatever, he puts out a Director’s Cut. 

Assuming he chose to call it that.  I think I read somewhere it might not've been his call.  But even if it is, it kinda fits since the Substance and Subsistence versions of MGS2 and definitely 3 are more definitive than the originals.  I'm not sure why there's so many takes expressing concern that DS:DC is just a version of the game with extra random stuff tacked-on.