Death Stranding Director's Cut - PC (Steam/EGS) release announced for March 30, $10 upgrade for existing owners

SaysWho?

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Oh fuck me, I’m never going to decide where play this damn thing. I got it on ps4 then decided to wait for a ps5 version, I finally got it on pc after a ps5 version didn’t happen right away then the DC version came out with a $10 upgrade so I did that, and now you are telling me I can play the DC version at 120fps soon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Oh fuck me, I’m never going to decide where play this damn thing. I got it on ps4 then decided to wait for a ps5 version, I finally got it on pc after a ps5 version didn’t happen right away then the DC version came out with a $10 upgrade so I did that, and now you are telling me I can play the DC version at 120fps soon. 

Just be sure to play it. It's such an unique experience and wonderfully done. I absolutely loved it.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think it looks fantastic on PS5 right now. Granted, I've never played anything at 120fps I think but really, it looks great as is right now and the DualSense controls are ace. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 7:57 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

If they don't have some kind of upgrade path on the PC it's a big no.

XsjJkkycEdpaSpGJE2gyVE-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

And if you own the original, you can upgrade for $10.

The one important thing to note is that you can only get the upgrade pricing by having the Death Stranding base game bought and installed on your PC.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Death Stranding Director's Cut - PC (Steam/EGS) release announced for March 30, $10 upgrade for existing owners
  • 2 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:13 PM, stepee said:

Oh well I have until September to decide how I’ll finally play this, maybe the pc version will get a $10 dlc and dual sense support like Metro has. That would be ideal I suppose.

Hey, this happened today as the DE upgrade is now available on pc and it does indeed have dualsense support! Didn’t end up getting around to it anyway so now I can jump in with the best version here at 4k/120 with dualsense yaaa.

Edit: Ugh the old icon was sooo much better

I knew something was off with the ground textures but I couldn’t put a finger on it and it was bothering me but then someone posted the answer on resetera, you need to force 16xAF in nvidia control panel (or amd equivalent). You forget sometimes how important that is even though it’s such a low penalty on pc (and why console rarely looks as sharp). Much better.

Besides that this is a fantastic port, 4k dlss quality at 120fps on a 3080, everything just looks and runs great with none of that damn stutter. And I love having full dualsense support on pc.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:55 PM, stepee said:

I knew something was off with the ground textures but I couldn’t put a finger on it and it was bothering me but then someone posted the answer on resetera, you need to force 16xAF in nvidia control panel (or amd equivalent). You forget sometimes how important that is even though it’s such a low penalty on pc (and why console rarely looks as sharp). Much better.

Besides that this is a fantastic port, 4k dlss quality at 120fps on a 3080, everything just looks and runs great with none of that damn stutter. And I love having full dualsense support on pc.

The dragon ball xenoverse games are the same way on PC; texture filtering defaults to like bilinear and anything more than a couple inches away is a blur. Make a custom profile in the nVidia panel for when the .exe launches to force it, this way you don’t need to constantly go in and out of the panel.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The dragon ball xenoverse games are the same way on PC; texture filtering defaults to like bilinear and anything more than a couple inches away is a blur. Make a custom profile in the nVidia panel for when the .exe launches to force it, this way you don’t need to constantly go in and out of the panel.

Yep, that’s what I did! Didn’t expect that issue here since it’s a pretty good port that bothers with extra stuff like dlss/fsr but they somehow forgot AF lol.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Yep, that’s what I did! Didn’t expect that issue here since it’s a pretty good port that bothers with extra stuff like dlss/fsr but they somehow forgot AF lol.

Plus, I don't think that the original/non-definitive has the issue.

• 4 months later...