Sometimes after a long day of work you just want to throw around the n word but you only want SOME white nationalism

stepee

Finally for those sacred moments, intel is providing is the flexibility we need!

02Aq7re0oeRL5GwAAgCsPve-1.1616091791.fit
WWW.PCMAG.COM

The Bleep program will be available as a beta, and uses the AI processing on Intel-powered PCs to remove abusive language. You can also calibrate what kind of toxic speech the program filters out.

4 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Aggression: "Negative language intended to wound the recipient."

I'm really curious how they intend to quantify that.

Was it an insult?

Quantified.

I know, it’ll be interesting what would get bleeped 😛 

I was going to make a joke that if you turn all the settings all the way down it just makes aggressive racists sound like they are talking in Ned Flanders diddily doodily speech.

But then I remembered that joke doesn't work because Flanders would probably have the LGBTQ hate set to about medium high....

Seems like a great idea. I consider the verbal abuse as metric of how well I am playing. 

1. That’s cheap, you’re cheap, learn to play

2. Same as above but add some descriptive curses in

3. F@G or Homo

4. N!gger

5. Jew

If I hit 4 or 5 it means I am steam rolling and it’s game over.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Man if you're hitting 5 regularly I don't think I want to play you in fighting games. :s

Mostly from Battlefield 

Back when I played sf4 pretty heavy I would let my daughter use the mic . People would go from 1 to 5 in about 2 seconds once they heard it.

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember playing X-Men Children of the Atom at an arcade and some guy played me and I beat him (I was wolverine) and he got mad and said I was cheap. :lol:

I love house rules for fighting games

1. No character X , it’s cheap

2. No throws it cheap

3. No DPing

4. No fireball spam

5. No zoning

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I love house rules for fighting games

1. No character X , it’s cheap

2. No throws it cheap

3. No DPing

4. No fireball spam

5. No zoning

I am not much of a Fighting game player, but I am surprised this mechanic didn't get more discussion at the ESRB hearings back in the day:shock:

I had the most tense moment of my gaming life playing MK11 against this guy who decided I was cheap. I had no mic and he started off pretty nice, but then I beat him two rounds and he decided I was actually shit and cheap and yelling profanities and abuse (though I can’t recall any racist terms). He beat me the next two and it came down to the final round, I ended up luckily getting one of those long ass X-ray moves to hit and it was clearly gonna be enough to kill him ... he was raging so hard on the other end and I was cheering and laughing my ass off. 

I still have the match saved but I didn’t have it set to record audio... it’s such a damn shame it was so so funny. 

Not really relevant to this thread but @SimpleG got me reminiscing. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I didn't realize there were still people who didn't immediately mute all chat with randos.

Some of my favorite online gaming buddies began as randos!

42 minutes ago, Chris- said:

This isn't censorship.

You think people who are always up in arms about censorship when it comes to anything dealing with silencing hate speech have any fucking idea what censorship or free speech is?!

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

1) This is technically censorship 

2) It appears to censor a lot more than just hate speech - giving the option to censor swearing for example

3) I don’t know why anyone would have an issue with anyone else making the personal choice to censor incoming video game chat

It’s censorship in the same way taco bell is mexican food.

And for 3) it’s because they want people to be forced to hear negative words about themselves to make them feel worse so they can feel better about themselves.

Just now, stepee said:

It’s censorship in the same way taco bell is mexican food.

And for 3) it’s because they want people to be forced to hear negative words about themselves to make them feel worse so they can feel better about themselves.

Damn, I was struggling to think of an analogy. That's a good one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s censorship in the same way taco bell is Mexican food.

That's because you're attaching a connotation to the word that doesn't exist.  Any act of suppressing speech is technically censorship.

On a tangent:

Many Mexicans believe that California (and many south-western states) were stolen from them in 1848.  Irvine, California (where Taco Bell was founded) is part of that territory.  So, technically, it is Mexican food, and you mother-fuckers are just occupying part of Mexico.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

4 hours ago, Dodger said:

It's not really online gaming if you aren't called the N word, F word, and made aware of just how sexually active your mother is. 

But we all know the greatest compliment you can ever receive is being called a hacker. 

My go-to is YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE. And not a everyday run of the mill type normal whore. She’s a BUTT WHORE. She loves every pump that I stick in her RUMP. Y’all feel free to use that. Really pisses people off. 

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That's because you're attaching a connotation to the word that doesn't exist.  Any act of suppressing speech is technically censorship.

On a tangent:

Many Mexicans believe that California (and many south-western states) were stolen from them in 1848.  Irvine, California (where Taco Bell was founded) is part of that territory.  So, technically, it is Mexican food, and you mother-fuckers are just occupying part of Mexico.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

I mean if we are competing in the semantic olympics then sure. Telling someone to shut up is trying to censor, choosing not to read a post because you don’t want to read what the person is saying is censorship, hanging up on a solicitor that calls you is censorship, refusing to listen to a jehovah witness is censorship, telling someone to leave your store because they are yelling at you is censorship, telling people to be quiet in a movie theater is censorship, if a would be killer breaks into your house and is giving you the full reveal of his demonic plan before he kills you and you shoot him dead first then you just censored the mother fucker, dude was trying to tell you something.

And like, fine then. I’m okay with calling this and all the other dumb things people complain about censorship. But since we decided that censorship itself is so broad that it’s a constant thing we all do all the time then it’s lost any particular meaning to me if someone says something is censorship. So sure, it’s censorship but also water is wet FYI.