~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

11 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

1*LwSehH-4iiaMbAVCoh4aeA.jpeg

Are they fucking kidding themselves? The compromise is that you expose every gun loving motherfucker for what that they truly are. An asshole who votes for their wallet over parents that have to worry now on if their kid(s) will return from school everyday. 

39 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Single entrance schools are fine, I guess. But as someone who used to do liquor delivery to city buildings with tighter security than most high schools within a couple years of 9/11, and knowing someone who did radio / networking installation in buildings that housed city / state police within the last year... a little knowledge of a building and a little social engineering can get you in anywhere equipped with whatever you want.

A single entrance with a line of kids? Sounds like easy target practice.

I can't imagine how terrible it would be dropping kids off too. My kids school has 3 entrances used to let kids in and there is a line from the door to the street at all 3.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm still on my first playrun, and I have no idea what I'm doing lol

Once you get the horse you can just run circles around a lot of the bad guys thwacking them. Pretty effective against one or two enemies. If there's more and there's space you can run in, thwack, keep running, turn around, run and thwack and run etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Once you get the horse you can just run circles around a lot of the bad guys thwacking them. Pretty effective against one or two enemies. If there's more and there's space you can run in, thwack, keep running, turn around, run and thwack and run etc etc.

I meant as far as optimization

Some of the replies here make me scratch my head. Single entry schools aren’t bleak or prison like, they aren’t a nightmare for getting kids in in the morning, or any of these other whacky comments.

Poorly designed schools ARE those things, but single entry has nothing to do with bad design.

C7-FB0200-99-A3-4-AA9-B729-4663-BFA348-C7

8328-FAC8-1372-4677-B710-7090-E9-B76-ECD

A couple of our very bleak and prison like schools with single entry points 😂

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Some of the replies here make me scratch my head. Single entry schools aren’t bleak or prison like, they aren’t a nightmare for getting kids in in the morning, or any of these other whacky comments.

Poorly designed schools ARE those things, but single entry has nothing to do with bad design.

How much did that cost to build?  Because I severely doubt every single school district in the country can afford to build or remodel all of their buildings.

• True 1

Send these cowardly pigs to the wall.

APTOPIX_Texas_School_Shooting_85183-1.jp
WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said W…

• True 2
  • Halal 1

WHAT THE EVER-LIVING FUCK?!?!

Meanwhile, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said the Border Patrol agents had trouble breaching the classroom door and had to get a staff member to open the room with a key. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing investigation.

• Guillotine 2

Just now, marioandsonic said:

How much did that cost to build?  Because I severely doubt every single school district in the country can afford to build or remodel all of their buildings.

These are new schools that were built from the start as single entry point builds. The high school (top building) was around $130 million, the elementary was $20 million.

The conversion expenses at the older buildings were in the $300k-$600k range, depending on campus.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WHAT THE EVER-LIVING FUCK?!?!

Most schools use what are called “classroom function” levers. These are always locked from the outside, and always unlocked from the inside. So if the door was shut, the only way in is to break the door down or unlock it.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Most schools use what are called “classroom function” levers. These are always locked from the outside, and always unlocked from the inside. So if the door was shut, the only way in is to break the door down or unlock it.

Would a shotgun blast work on the lock?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Single entrance schools are fine, I guess. But as someone who used to do liquor delivery to city buildings with tighter security than most high schools within a couple years of 9/11, and knowing someone who did radio / networking installation in buildings that housed city / state police within the last year... a little knowledge of a building and a little social engineering can get you in anywhere equipped with whatever you want.

Heck you can just walk in most places. In general people try to avoid confrontation so there are very few people who will speak up and stop you.

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Cops are useless 

American cops, yes. Remember when the vacationing Swedish cops broke up a fight on the NYC subway and detained the perp until NYPD showed up, and everyone was marveling at how they managed to do it without injuring let alone shooting anyone?

image.jpg
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Four vacationing Swedish police officers are being hailed as “Nordic heroes” for breaking up a fight on a New York City subway and calmly restraining the alleged attacker. The cops were reportedly on their way to see Les Miserables on Broadway when the fight broke out on their train in Manhattan.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Would a shotgun blast work on the lock?

I would say unlikely from my experience being a locksmith, but many unknown variables 

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Probably just shitty small town cops. I hate LAPD as much as anyone but I have no doubt they would have done better than these twats. 

LAPD would have shot like 50 innocent kids in the process of taking down the perp.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Trader Joe's manager Melyda Corado was hit by gunfire when Los Angeles police shot at a man who was was running into the store after a car chase.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Heck you can just walk in most places. In general people try to avoid confrontation so there are very few people who will speak up and stop you.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who one day decided to see if anybody would say anything to him if he just walked up to the front of every line at Disneyland by saying “excuse me”. Not a single person ever said anything 😂

1 minute ago, Jason said:

LAPD would have shot like 50 innocent kids in the process of taking down the perp.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Trader Joe's manager Melyda Corado was hit by gunfire when Los Angeles police shot at a man who was was running into the store after a car chase.

At the very least they wouldn't have just stood outside like pussies while kids get slaughtered. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I've walked into multiple schools in our division (right past the office) without a badge (we don't even have ID badges). All I do is carry my laptop and people assume I'm a sub or something.

Canadoe

44 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We live in the midwest where everything is 200 years old. Get out of here with that wild west shit.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My single entry high school copied designs for the school from a recently built prison that the architect firm used lol

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

A single entrance with a line of kids? Sounds like easy target practice.

I can't imagine how terrible it would be dropping kids off too. My kids school has 3 entrances used to let kids in and there is a line from the door to the street at all 3.

My son's school is only single entrance after the first bell rings. When dropping him off in the morning, kids get dropped off at the fire exit closest to their classrooms. There are teachers at each door welcoming in their kids with aids lining them up in the hallway. Once the bell rings, the fire exits are closed, and the only way in is being buzzed through the front door. That also keeps the lines from getting too long since kids are entering the school from all sides.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My single entry high school copied designs for the school from a recently built prison that the architect firm used lol

In college Aramark did the catering and someone claimed they found a website that we were within one tier of literal prison food. They did shit like routinely put out undercooked meat. I kept getting very sick from meals until someone suggested microwaving any meat for a minute before eating it and what do you know... 

How do single entry schools even work for outdoor schools? Like I grew up where the weather never sucked and went to one indoor school in my life. The rest were just outdoor quads with at best a chain link fence around the perimeter. So you get on campus and could just walk to any class you wanted to. Not sure how you secure that unless you just completely redesign the schools and start putting up walls everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Dodger said:

How do single entry schools even work for outdoor schools? Like I grew up where the weather never sucked and went to one indoor school in my life. The rest were just outdoor quads with at best a chain link fence around the perimeter. So you get on campus and could just walk to any class you wanted to. Not sure how you secure that unless you just completely redesign the schools and start putting up walls everywhere.

I subbed in 2012 and 2018 and security noticibly tightened between those years. Before I used to be able to walk from the back to the front of the school before checking in. Then they locked up all the gates and stuff.  They would be easy enough to jump over though if you wanted to.