Update: Senate shelves the BBB Act

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's my thought... he probably thinks he can reach The White House as a Democrat turned Republican. I wouldn't be surprised if that's his ultimate goal @Commissar SFLUFAN

He might think that but the GOP will never go for him as a presidential candidate. He has been a Dem for so long. So they wouldn't trust him at that level. He can't generate a cult following like Trump. So they have no use for him at that level.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At the end of the day if something like BBB fails to pass democratic leadership needs to step aside. Biden, Pelosi, Schumer all of them. Push the old guard aside. 

My frustration is speaking more than anything here so take what I say here in that spirit.

The whole party needs to be shut down if they can't get some sort of BBB framework through. Even when they deliver something (infrastructure) they can't market or communicate that win to the broader American public in a meaningful way.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At the end of the day if something like BBB fails to pass democratic leadership needs to step aside. Biden, Pelosi, Schumer all of them. Push the old guard aside. 

Agreed, but who's the new guard? Mayor Pete? Beto? Only hope Democrats have is an open primary in 24 when someone out of nowhere emerges. 

30 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Agreed, but who's the new guard? Mayor Pete? Beto? Only hope Democrats have is an open primary in 24 when someone out of nowhere emerges. 

The geriatric old guard refusing to get out of the way and let people rise up the ranks is precisely why you can't think of anyone. Like Rahm Emmanuel for example (I know, he's a piece of shit we don't actually want rising up the ranks, but he's the first example to come to mind) went off and became mayor of Chicago after the Obama administration not because he wanted to be a mayor. Going and being a mayor after serving in a White House administration is a demotion for a political ladder climber. But he did it because there was zero upward mobility on the ladder because the old fucks like Pelosi have refused to get off the ladder, and there's a LOT of would-be rising stars who never get on the ladder in the first place because they know they're going to stall because of the old timers not grooming successors. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jason said:

The geriatric old guard refusing to get out of the way and let people rise up the ranks is precisely why you can't think of anyone. Like Rahm Emmanuel for example (I know, he's a piece of shit we don't actually want rising up the ranks, but he's the first example to come to mind) went off and became mayor of Chicago after the Obama administration not because he wanted to be a mayor. Going and being a mayor after serving in a White House administration is a demotion for a political ladder climber. But he did it because there was zero upward mobility on the ladder because the old fucks like Pelosi have refused to get off the ladder, and there's a LOT of would-be rising stars who never get on the ladder in the first place because they know they're going to stall because of the old timers not grooming successors. 

Even Obama has had no where to go. He's basically a cheerleader that shows up sometimes. 

40 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Just the dumbest, most out-of-touch mother fucker on the planet. A silver spoon asshole whose only exposure to normal people is when they clean his multi-million dollar yacht. If there is a god, his infernal punishment should be to actually spend time with his constituents and walk a mile in their shoes.

Manchin: Surprise suckers it's me Ronald Reagan! 

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol people scapegoating democratic leadership completely ignoring the real ones responsible for this quagmire... The American Fucking People. You get the Government you deserve in a democracy.  What does our current state of affairs say about us as a people? This country deserves whatever is coming next.

Yeah and our political institutions don’t do us any favors here with the clear rural bias in the senate, to say nothing of the static size of the house while the population doubled.

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Just the dumbest, most out-of-touch mother fucker on the planet. A silver spoon asshole whose only exposure to normal people is when they clean his multi-million dollar yacht. If there is a god, his infernal punishment should be to actually spend time with his constituents and walk a mile in their shoes.

I gotta tell you he’s got big Appalachian voter energy/psychosis here

2 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

lol

It affects the budget, so it could be passed under reconciliation rules with a simple majority.

Like I said the other day, if the child tax credit is important enough, then the Senate should absolutely use its remaining reconciliation vote to pass it.  

You all are trying to reach for the stars with BBB when you could have just been reaching for the cabinet where you keep your cereal. 

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It affects the budget, so it could be passed under reconciliation rules with a simple majority.

Like I said the other day, if the child tax credit is important enough, then the Senate should absolutely use its remaining reconciliation vote to pass it.  

You all are trying to reach for the stars with BBB when you could have just been reaching for the cabinet where you keep your cereal. 

This might be the dumbest read on the situation yet. Are you sure you don’t work for the Times?

• Haha 2