Name your top 3 favorite Netflix content in the last year or so

I'm back using Netflix and all the shows I watched haven't had any other new seasons. 

What are you guys watching so I can get ideas for me to watch. I like almost anything really. Last night I watched a documentary on a basketball team and it was interesting but not hooking me.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty excited about Age of Samurai, I'm planning starting that tonight. Sengoku Jidai is a historical period that I don't read enough about. Backstabbing, killing, warlords, samurai, ninjas, bastards, and a whole lot of senseless slaughter.

My favorite things that aren't from the last year, but I only started watching them in the last year are Great British Baking Show and Altered Carbon (the first season of Altered Carbon is one of the best things I've ever seen IMO)

Most people I know liked the Queen's Gambit. It didn't really hold my attention.

The Devil All the Time was pretty good, if you want something darker. It's a thriller starring Tom Holland. The Trial of the Chicago 7 is pretty good, it's a courtroom drama about civil rights.

I can't remember much else.

Season 3 of Ozark came out about a year ago. I didn’t get into the show when the first season came out. I tried a couple of episodes and it didn’t hook me, but I gave it another shot last year and got really into it.  Watched all three seasons in like 10 days. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Season 3 of Ozark came out about a year ago. I didn’t get into the show when the first season came out. I tried a couple of episodes and it didn’t hook me, but I gave it another shot last year and got really into it.  Watched all three seasons in like 10 days. 

Hmm. I watched the first 2 seasons of Ozark and really enjoyed it. I didn't see the 3rd season. Something is wrong with my Netflix account at the moment but I'm definitely going to check out season 3.

22 minutes ago, legend said:

Queens Gambit

Ozark

The Witcher 3

The Last Kingdom

Parastye 

(and a shitton of other anime, but I can't easily remember which anime I watched came from netflix)

Alice in Borderland

I liked the witcher, but it is a bit wonky. It's hard for me to separate myself as I've read every book and played ever game except throne breaker, but I wonder how accessible it would be to someone who is coming in blind

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I liked the witcher, but it is a bit wonky. It's hard for me to separate myself as I've read every book and played ever game except throne breaker, but I wonder how accessible it would be to someone who is coming in blind

I'm a big fan of the games but haven't read the books, and (obviously) enjoyed it a lot, but I'm sure the books are a bit of a different beast.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'm a big fan of the games but haven't read the books, and (obviously) enjoyed it a lot, but I'm sure the books are a bit of a different beast.

The books are... Strange. If it wasn't for the games, they never even would have been translated to english.

Let's just say there's lots of child rape with ciri and other... Problematic things.

• Shocked 1

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Oh yeah no one mentioned Castlevania. Add that to your list as well! @best3444

I just looked this up and anime isn't something I enjoy. I'm sure it's good if you're into dark medieval fantasy. I'll have to pass on that one. 

I think I'm going to go back and forth with Lupin and Ozark season 3 for now.

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just looked this up and anime isn't something I enjoy. I'm sure it's good if you're into dark medieval fantasy. I'll have to pass on that one. 

I think I'm going to go back and forth with Lupin and Ozark season 3 for now.

It's actually American animation, not anime, and it is very good. Unless you don't like animated stuff in general.

41 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's actually American animation, not anime, and it is very good. Unless you don't like animated stuff in general.

I know I said I like pretty much anything but animated movies/shows etc I have no interest in.