Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

Way way way too stacked this first part of the year. This is another freakin great game it seems, had a lot of fun last night. Can’t wait to hit my long vacation soon and knock some of these out.

So happy with the Druid character choice. Runs at 158fps (dlss3 reflex refresh on 165hz screen) pretty much locked maxed out with dlss quality native 1600p res on my laptop!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Just getting into this now. Got disconnected and it looked like I lost my character completely, but I rebooted the game and the popped back up. This feels like a game I’ll happily chip away at for months. 

that happened to me yesterday, not the disconnection, but I tried to log in and it acted like my lvl 33 and 22 characters were deleted. I was about to have a rough day. But I left the game and started it back up again and all was right with the game world again. 

I wonder if it bugged out trying to log in to battle.net and so didn’t load the characters. 

6 minutes ago, nublood said:

Is this game fully cross platform? My son is a PC gamer and I’m an old fart that still prefers consoles. I mostly play on the PS5.

Maybe I'll be able to actually get the purchase process to work this evening. But I'll be on PS5 obviously 😬

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nublood said:

Is this game fully cross platform? My son is a PC gamer and I’m an old fart that still prefers consoles. I mostly play on the PS5.

Can you be more specific as to which aspect of "cross platform" you're referring to?  If you mean, "Can I play co-op with my son?" then the answer is yes.

18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Can you be more specific as to which aspect of "cross platform" you're referring to?  If you mean, "Can I play co-op with my son?" then the answer is yes.

Cross play co-op, yes. Thanks. That’s what I needed to know 👍

finally beat that stronghold. almost considered dropping down to world tier I to clear it, but i stuck with it and played more defensively and it paid off. but holy crap was that a PITA. unlocked all the boons. did a dungeon, got my first legendary ring. its perk is that it does 40% additional core skill damage based on fortify amount. so I started stacking that.  im level 32 now and its starting to click. wound up doing a 2nd stronghold and breezed through it. 

my build uses a combo of storm strike, pulverize, earthen bulwark, trample and my ultimate is the cataclysm (i think). the storm one. also running creeper as my pet. 

the tactic is to pop bulwark to fortify. then trample to knock back/stun enemies. then creeper to make them vulnerable. then pulverize for the win. it melts mobs and does a good job on elites and bosses. 

on my gear im trying to stack attack speed (to generate spirit quicker), vulnerable damage, and close range damage since I usually am right in the middle of it all. I also have some +move speed and now I dont think I can ever go back to not having some on my gear. the game plays so much better when you move faster. 

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, nublood said:

Cross play co-op, yes. Thanks. That’s what I needed to know 👍

I can confirm the cross play works PC to Xbox as that’s how I’ve been playing with a friend. I’ve seen said it is also cross play with PS5, so that should work. 

It will be a bit weird if PC-PS5 works like PC-Xbox. You both will need to start the game, create your characters, and then as soon as you have control of your character exit to the menu and character select. Then each select your character go back into the game and from there you should be able to go to the Social tab and invite or request to join the other person. 

• Like 1

I finished the main campaign last night.  I just ran straight through all the main story quests, as I had been told you were capped at Lvl 50 in World Tier 2, and couldn't do World Tier 3 til you finished the campaign.

That was incorrect as I'm now Lvl 51 in World Tier 2.  

My build was a bit rough for awhile as most Legendary's I got werent' for skills I used.  But suddenly I got like 4 Legendary drops in a row that all synergized with my build and then I become almost unstoppable.  Didn't die once the entire Act 5 and 6 I think, even though there were definitely some tough fights in there.  

Now I need to do the Capstone Dungeon to unlock WT3 I believe.

Diablo-IV-Steam-Deck.JPG?width=1200&heig
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Everything you need to know about running Diablo IV on the Steam Deck, including performance, optimised settings, and Battle.net launcher compatibility.

As well as it runs on your average desktop PC, it wasn’t until I began playing Diablo IV on the Steam Deck that its demon-thwacking really clicked for me. Largely because this was my first experience of it with gamepad controls, and using thumbsticks and face buttons to move and toss out spells just feels more... I don't know, direct? Like I’m actually controlling my Necromancer and her boney bodyguards, not just clicking a unit and watching their animations.

It helps that Diablo IV’s Steam Deck performance is surprisingly spry, with fast 45-60fps framerates within reach even when leaving the majority of graphics settings on Ultra quality. Unlike all of the other best Steam Deck games, there’s no native support for its Battle.net launcher, but with some resourcefulness, that needs only be a temporary barrier.

21 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
Diablo-IV-Steam-Deck.JPG?width=1200&heig
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Everything you need to know about running Diablo IV on the Steam Deck, including performance, optimised settings, and Battle.net launcher compatibility.

they never played a Diablo on console or using a controller on PC? 

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I finished the main campaign last night.  I just ran straight through all the main story quests, as I had been told you were capped at Lvl 50 in World Tier 2, and couldn't do World Tier 3 til you finished the campaign.

That was incorrect as I'm now Lvl 51 in World Tier 2.  

My build was a bit rough for awhile as most Legendary's I got werent' for skills I used.  But suddenly I got like 4 Legendary drops in a row that all synergized with my build and then I become almost unstoppable.  Didn't die once the entire Act 5 and 6 I think, even though there were definitely some tough fights in there.  

Now I need to do the Capstone Dungeon to unlock WT3 I believe.

How long did it take you?

19 hours ago, Chris- said:

Currently 27 (Tier 1) and just having a blast bopping around, exploring stuff. The game doesn't even have endgame sets yet so there's no point worrying about build or min-maxing.

There is very much an endgame. Tier 3 & 4, plus a slew of activities and nightmare dungeons open up once you complete each tiers capstone dungeon.

16 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

There is very much an endgame. Tier 3 & 4, plus a slew of activities and nightmare dungeons open up once you complete each tiers capstone dungeon.

I know there is already endgame content, but given that there are no sets - and set bonuses are critical to endgame builds - I don't see much of a point in worrying about builds yet.

22 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I know there is already endgame content, but given that there are no sets - and set bonuses are critical to endgame builds - I don't see much of a point in worrying about builds yet.

Most of the legendary's will have aspects that will greatly impact a build. So while these aren't a "set" identified by green font, they are already there for the most part. This also gives players flexibility in their build instead of chasing whatever the current meta is.

29 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Most of the legendary's will have aspects that will greatly impact a build. So while these aren't a "set" identified by green font, they are already there for the most part. This also gives players flexibility in their build instead of chasing whatever the current meta is.

If set bonuses are anything like D3, they will be a necessity for 9/10 endgame builds. Non-set aspects are important, but until we find out what the set bonuses are, no one will know how to best leverage them. 

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

If set bonuses are anything like D3, they will be a necessity for 9/10 endgame builds. Non-set aspects are important, but until we find out what the set bonuses are, no one will know how to best leverage them. 

They are there, they're just implemented as Uniques vs being a set.

30 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m 99% certain @Commissar SFLUFAN posted an update that said they will be added post-launch. 

I didn't watch the actual pre launch interviews or Live Broadcasts, but read this.  Things may have changed but it seemed to be more of a core design decision not to have them.

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

The topic was customization, both cosmetic and in terms of builds, which joins the recently released over-arching video on the topic that Blizzard just put out yesterday I asked a few different questions that were on my mind, and Adam had a good answer about the costs of respecing a character.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Did they ever say Sets are coming to the game.  Wasnt the big controversy saying they weren't adding Sets because it limits build diversity?

41 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m 99% certain @Commissar SFLUFAN posted an update that said they will be added post-launch. 

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I didn't watch the actual pre launch interviews or Live Broadcasts, but read this.  Things may have changed but it seemed to be more of a core design decision not to have them.

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

The topic was customization, both cosmetic and in terms of builds, which joins the recently released over-arching video on the topic that Blizzard just put out yesterday I asked a few different questions that were on my mind, and Adam had a good answer...

Yes, Diablo 4 will have Set items but not right away. To make it completely clear, Diablo 4 does not have set items at launch.

In Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, Set items are the endgame goal, and the best builds are generally based around them. Six pieces per set leaves little room for more diverse builds, after all. While it feels great to see that Green text from an item drop for the first time, maybe, just maybe, it is good that Diablo 4 won't have set items at launch.

With that in mind, the Game Director of Diablo 4, Joe Shely, in a developer livestream update, confirmed that Set items would not be in Diablo 4 at launch but also confirmed they will release in the future. Joe Shely said:

"As we've been building the game, we felt like we could evolve sets in a new way relative to what we've seen in Diablo 3. But, we needed some more time to get them into the game in a way that would work well with the rest of Diablo 4, so you won't see sets at launch in the game. We think sets are cool, and we want to do them right – so that's something we're looking at for our live service."

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

59 minutes ago, Dodger said:

So uh is trying To do every random side quest right away a bad idea

There are a lot of sidequests, and you'll probably drive yourself insane trying to do them all while moving through the campaign at a snail's pace. The campaign missions themselves also stop scaling at level 50, so if you go very completionist you might find yourself overlevelling the campaign, but that's kinda whatever.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Moa said:

There are a lot of sidequests, and you'll probably drive yourself insane trying to do them all while moving through the campaign at a snail's pace. The campaign missions themselves also stop scaling at level 50, so if you go very completionist you might find yourself overlevelling the campaign, but that's kinda whatever.

oh, then I need to tell my friend so we can focus on the campaign. We’re both 40+ and only just finished Act 1 last night. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: OST posted on official YouTube channel