~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

4 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Didn't Robinhood have a huge tech issue where people couldn't access the app and were cut off from their money and ability to trade last year? I'm surprised they weathered that, hope they don't make it through this fiasco.

People are already filing suits. Arbitrarily stopping the poors from making money to protect the ultra rich.

16 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Didn't Robinhood have a huge tech issue where people couldn't access the app and were cut off from their money and ability to trade last year? I'm surprised they weathered that, hope they don't make it through this fiasco.

They have outages every few months.

I'll have more to say when I compose myself, but today is so beyond fucked.

19 minutes ago, Brick said:

Should I honestly get in on this? How does a lowly Canadian who knows nothing about stocks get in on this? 

No, let people willing to fight this battle duke it out. Once this is over loads will cash out before you hear about it and you’ll just lose what you put in.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

If there is one silver lining about this entire ordeal, it's that Democrats and Republicans seemed to be on the same page at holding these trading platforms accountable for trying to fuck over the retail investor today.

LOL NO

Give it a week, nothing will happen.

Anyone have a platform they recommend?

I use E*Trade for my ESPP and other long term ETFs, mutual funds, and stocks, but I'm looking for something that has instant deposits and instant settles like Robinhood, because after I close my current positions in the next few weeks I am done with them.

I really like the daily visualization of Webull and use it daily for real time quotes and data, but apparently it's owned by a Chinese firm.

23 minutes ago, Brick said:

Should I honestly get in on this? How does a lowly Canadian who knows nothing about stocks get in on this? 

If you have a couple hundred bucks you aren’t too fond of, TDAmeritrade accounts are free to open. It’s basically gambling, but fun AF gambling.