Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 30 August 2024) - "Official Story Trailer"

AbsolutSurgen

• AbsolutSurgen changed the title to Star Wars: Outlaws coming 2024 from Massive Entertainment

Visually it's quite impressive. Next Gen might finally be coming.

Gameplay doesn't look revolutionary, but the trailer makes it seem like they're aiming for a Naughty Dog like polish to an open world game, which would be quite the feat to actually pull off.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Gameplay doesn't look revolutionary, but the trailer makes it seem like they're aiming for a Naughty Dog like polish to an open world game, which would be quite the feat to actually pull off.

This looks like a very early vertical slice to me -- I would expect final gameplay is still far from being determined/implemented.

• True 1

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"She's a Mary Sue!" whatver the fuck that means... I still don;t know :shrug:

logo_blue_small.png
TVTROPES.ORG

Mary Sue is a derogatory term primarily used in Fan Fic circles to describe a particular type of character. This much everyone can agree on. What that character type is, exactly, differs wildly from circle to circle, and often from person to …

Of course I'm sure the online chuds are just slinging the self-insert thing at any female main character.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

logo_blue_small.png
TVTROPES.ORG

Mary Sue is a derogatory term primarily used in Fan Fic circles to describe a particular type of character. This much everyone can agree on. What that character type is, exactly, differs wildly from circle to circle, and often from person to …

Of course I'm sure the online chuds are just slinging the self-insert thing at any female main character.

I really didn't want to or care to know what it meant to be honest.

• Jason changed the title to General Gaming Star Wars Outlaws | open-world (open-galaxy?) title from The Division developers | Coming 2024 - Official World Premiere Trailer
4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Too early to tell with Ubisoft. They like to crank up the settings and stuff in these “demos”, but then dial it way WAAAAAY back when it comes to making the game playable on any real hardware. 

I don’t mind a chatty main character as long as they’re not saying the same shit over and over and over. Like if she comments about a shield each and every time an enemy activates one, then yeah we got a bit of a problem. Once is enough. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to General Gaming Star Wars Outlaws | open-world (open-galaxy?) title from The Division developers | Coming 2024 - Official "World Premiere" and "Gameplay Walkthrough" trailers (Ubisoft Forward 2023)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to General Gaming Star Wars Outlaws | open-world (open-galaxy?) title from The Division developers | Coming 2024 - Ubisoft Forward 2023 trailers posted
4151625-img_0944.jpeg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Stealth missions, crafting, fast-paced decision making, and exhilarating space dogfights are all included in Ubusoft’s upcoming Star Wars game.

Star Wars: Outlaws has a few things working against it. For starters, it’s a Star Wars game, and as such comes with extraordinary pressures to deliver. Additionally, there is already a lot of Star Wars content out there—including critically acclaimed video games. And last but certainly not least, Star Wars: Outlaws is an ambitious, open-world adventure, in which “open-world” extends beyond the confines of planets, and it’s no secret Ubisoft has been criticized for how bloated or repetitive its open-world games can be. However, after getting my first look at Outlaws’ gameplay, I find myself echoing Han Solo’s most famous sentiment: Never tell me the odds.

While the time I spent with Star Wars: Outlaws was brief—I saw about 15 minutes of gameplay—and hands-off, I left feeling like I understood the direction the game was going in and excited for what’s to come. With strategic stealth sections, speeder shoot-outs, seamless surface-to-space travel, an emphasis on making quick decisions (and facing their consequences), and an incredibly charismatic leading lady, Star Wars: Outlaws shows a lot of promise.

Following the demo, I had the opportunity to sit down with game director Mathias Karlson and narrative director Navid Khavari to learn a bit more about Kay Vess, the game’s setting, and how Star Wars: Outlaws is changing not only what a Star Wars game can be, but the shape of the galaxy as a whole. While the team couldn’t answer a few of my more burning questions, such as if the game will have co-op at launch, the insight they provided has me excited for what’s to come, and to truly get to know Kay Vess.

• AbsolutSurgen changed the title to Star Wars Outlaws from Massive Entertainment Coming 2024 Ubisoft Forward 2023 trailers and Gameplay

Interview with Creative Director:

RmEhVKrpMKy5n4ECLwFy5K-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Interview | Creative director Julian Gerighty shares new details on the combat, reputation, and wanted systems at the heart of Ubisoft's ambitious open world Star Wars game

Star Wars Outlaws wants to let you live the life of a scoundrel in a galaxy far, far away. It's a fantasy that no Star Wars game has ever pulled off, but not for lack of trying. Massive Entertainment isn't the first to try its hand at a grittier framing – Star Wars 1313 didn't survive The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of LucasArts, and Project Ragtag was effectively shuttered alongside Visceral Games. So, what attracted the studio best known for The Division to creating a single-player Star Wars experience where the reputation you command is as integral to survival as the credits in your pocket? 

"Having finished our last few games, we wanted to do something really different," creative director Julian Gerighty tells GamesRadar+, a Ubisoft veteran with director credits on The Crew, The Division, and The Division 2. "Something that wasn't live service, but a self-contained experience. And then we had the opportunity to work with this IP – a childhood dream for many of us here."

At the intersection of that drive and passion is where you'll find Star Wars Outlaws. An original story set within the Age of the Rebellion on the Star Wars timeline, following the adventures of Kay Vess – a young scoundrel who must pull off the greatest heist the Outer Rim has ever seen to lift the bounty hanging over her head. With all that in mind, Ubisoft is billing Outlaws as the 'first open-world Star Wars game', but I think a better description may turn out to be 'Red Dead Redemption set between the stars'

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Outlaws (open-world game set between Episodes V and VI | PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 2024) - Ubisoft Forward 2023 trailer and gameplay walkthrough
2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Jeez, this is much bigger in scale than I initially thought. I love the Star Wars universe even though I really never liked the movies. This could be so fuckin awesome. 

I wonder what the scale will actually be. Open world or Open Galaxy, is things I’m seeing thrown around and I wonder how many worlds and how open it will all be. 

One thing I like about Star Wars games is when they have tight story telling. A typical Ubisoft open world game filled with too much pointless distractions and clutter would ruin the pace. Though if it’s more like a Bethesda or CDPR game where side quests have stories as good or better than the main story, then I’m all for a big open “world” to find and play those stories. I want the openness to be justified and not just full of collectibles to

justify huge open maps. 

ME 1 is probably too linear for an example, but one thing I admire it for, for it’s day, it felt seamless to go from a place to walking aboard the ship to flying to another place to landing to walking off the ship and walking around. Jedi Survivor same thing. So if that’s what this is, just with you being able to control the ship to make it even more seamless, great. 

• 1 month later...

outlaws2-sdcc23-blogroll-1690071915844.j
WWW.IGN.COM

Developers from Ubisoft Massive and their compatriots over at LucasFilm shared a number of new details today with IGN at San Diego Comic-Con regarding Star Wars: Outlaws and the two locations revealed for the game thus far: the new moon Toshara, and Tatooine. Including, yes, that you can both work for and betray (if you want) Jabba the Hutt.

Developers from Ubisoft Massive and their compatriots over at LucasFilm shared a number of new details today with IGN at San Diego Comic-Con regarding Star Wars: Outlaws and the two locations revealed for the game thus far: the new moon Toshara, and Tatooine. Including, yes, that you can both work for and betray (if you want) Jabba the Hutt.

Speaking to IGN, director Julian Gerighty says that Toshara is inspired by the eastern African savannah, and was specifically designed with heroine Kay Vess' speeder (which yes, is at least somewhat customizable) in mind, with lots of wide, open plains. The team even visited Tanzania for inspiration.

But, of course, Outlaws will also visit Tatooine. (Like pretty much every other recent Star Wars media entry.)

"If you close your eyes and give people a choice to go anywhere in Tatooine?" Gerighty said. "Mos Eisley. And specifically one watering hole in Mos Eisley. The opportunity is that you can see all the nooks and crannies. You can see all the things that are informed by the Lucasfilm archives.

"This concept of virtual tourism is important to us. If you’ve ever wondered the distances from the moisture farms to the cantina? We have an experience for you."

I can in all honesty say that I've never once wondered about that, nor has anyone else.  Ever.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Outlaws (open-world game set between Episodes V and VI | PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 2024) - "Behind The Scenes - Crafting a Galaxy of Opportunity" video
14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

outlaws2-sdcc23-blogroll-1690071915844.j
WWW.IGN.COM

Developers from Ubisoft Massive and their compatriots over at LucasFilm shared a number of new details today with IGN at San Diego Comic-Con regarding Star Wars: Outlaws and the two locations revealed for the game thus far: the new moon Toshara, and Tatooine...

I can in all honesty say that I've never once wondered about that, nor has anyone else.  Ever.

Nobody should ever need to know that. That’s what screen wipes are for. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

They should put Canto Bight in the game just to upset the chuds. 

screen-shot-2023-06-17-at-10.27.44-pm.pn
STARWARSTHOUGHTS.COM

We recently learned about Star Wars Outlaws, the newest Star Wars game that's being billed as the first truly open-world game to come from the franchise. It centers on Kay Vess, who's trying to make it as a scoundrel in the galaxy in the time set between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the…

The other location isn’t yet officially confirmed, but in the cinematic trailer we glimpsed what sure looks like Cantonica, the home of Canto Bight, the luxury world visited in The Last Jedi. 

screen-shot-2023-06-17-at-10.30.50-pm.pn

• Like 1