Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 30 August 2024) - "Official Story Trailer"

AbsolutSurgen

52 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
WWW.IGN.COM

Ubisoft has already come under fire for single-player game Star Wars Outlaws having a Season Pass, but fans are expressing frustration once again upon noticing its highly anticipated Jabba the Hutt mission is locked behind it.

PREORDER CANCELLED!!!

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Having missions locked behind pre-orders and/or having to buy premium editions is nothing new.

It was shitty then, it's shitty now, it will be shitty in the future, and calling attention to its shittiness is always going to be okay.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

It will be like every other Ubisoft game.

You can get all the content for $20/month if you sign up for their subscription, then cancel.

Or, if you're willing to wait 3-4 months and buy the Gold Edition for 40% off. 

Ubi's single player DLC has been pretty good for the past couple of years.

In the end, it's probably like 15 minutes of content, that's normally nothing special, in a 30+ hour game.

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It will be like every other Ubisoft game.

You can get all the content for $20/month if you sign up for their subscription, then cancel.

Or, if you're willing to wait 3-4 months and buy the Gold Edition for 40% off. 

Ubi's single player DLC has been pretty good for the past couple of years.

In the end, it's probably like 15 minutes of content, that's normally nothing special, in a 30+ hour game.

Get off Ubisoft's balls! :p

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

For example?

That wasn’t directed at you. I’m just saying it does seem like certain developers can do whatever but others get nailed for it on the internet. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Your mama. 

Damn lol

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

That wasn’t directed at you. I’m just saying it does seem like certain developers can do whatever but others get nailed for it on the internet. 

Damn lol

It's mostly the interns at IGN rage farming for clicks.  They wrote this a few days ago:

WWW.IGN.COM

Ubisoft has sparked a debate after announcing Star Wars Outlaws’ expensive gold and ultimate editions, which offer early access and a season pass.

It’s worth noting that Star Wars Outlaws is a single-player only game, which has caused some to question the need for a season pass at all (by using the word "season" Ubisoft suggests there will be more than one).

Ubisoft has called them season passes for almost 10 years (I think AC Syndicate may have been the first game), so it's bizarre that the world's biggest game site couldn't figure it out.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
WWW.IGN.COM

Ubisoft has already come under fire for single-player game Star Wars Outlaws having a Season Pass, but fans are expressing frustration once again upon noticing its highly anticipated Jabba the Hutt mission is locked behind it.

I saw that and almost got pissed, but then I saw that Unisoft seems to be using “season pass” the way the industry did back on the Xbox 360/PS3. Where season pass was just the post release DLC or the post release DLC for a year. 

that seems less egregious. However I don’t like what sounds like a day one mission being locked behind a higher tier. That is where we start getting into “they chopped up the full game to sell it for parts” territory. 

• True 1

12 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I saw that and almost got pissed, but then I saw that Unisoft seems to be using “season pass” the way the industry did back on the Xbox 360/PS3. Where season pass was just the post release DLC or the post release DLC for a year. 

that seems less egregious. However I don’t like what sounds like a day one mission being locked behind a higher tier. That is where we start getting into “they chopped up the full game to sell it for parts” territory. 

Ubisoft has been using the term Season Pass consistently on almost all their big releases since 2015.

They have frequently had missions or other content locked behind preorders or premium versions.  Usually, these become buyable with "Ubisoft points" after a couple of months (the points you earn from in game achievements).  In the past, the missions are superfluous to the game -- the equivalent of a minor side mission, with rewards that are nothing special.

Ubisoft is also known for adding tons of post-launch content for free in their games to keep you engaged, in addition to the paid DLC.

The "Wrath of the Druids" and "Siege of Paris" DLC from AC: Valhalla were both well worth playing -- and while I wouldn't pay full price for them, they were included in the Gold version I bought for 30-40% off on Black Friday,  I would expect similar things with SW: Outlaws.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Ubisoft has been using the term Season Pass consistently on almost all their big releases since 2015.

They have frequently had missions or other content locked behind preorders or premium versions.  Usually, these become buyable with "Ubisoft points" after a couple of months (the points you earn from in game achievements).  In the past, the missions are superfluous to the game -- the equivalent of a minor side mission, with rewards that are nothing special.

Ubisoft is also known for adding tons of post-launch content for free in their games to keep you engaged, in addition to the paid DLC.

The "Wrath of the Druids" and "Siege of Paris" DLC from AC: Valhalla were both well worth playing -- and while I wouldn't pay full price for them, they were included in the Gold version I bought for 30-40% off on Black Friday,  I would expect similar things with SW: Outlaws.

I guess I never really noticed since the last Ubisoft games I bought and played I did so after all content had released and the complete edition of the game was heavily discounted. 

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

This is so true... they are STILL supporting For Honor which is shocking to me.  How old is that game now? 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is so true... they are STILL supporting For Honor which is shocking to me.  How old is that game now? 

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Still is apparently... people are still playing it.

Googled their concurrent player count.

Love It Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why not? Clearly there's still a fanbase and Ubi is still supporting it. Game is what? 10 years old now? EDIT: It's 8 years old. 

Ubi is focused on big swings, and I don't think For Honor 2 is a big swing -- unless they massively revamp it enough that it's no longer For Honor 2.

If they thought it was an IP that would justify a sequel, they probably would have done one by now.