What do you hate about the people you work with?

Remarkableriots

14 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

My boss does this.At least once a month its guaranteed he will call in on a Friday or Monday. 

They made one of our employees a supervisor(one notch below the floor manager). She was about the most useless nurse you can imagine and she called in. All. The. Time. 

I guess she was just great at brown nosing. I can't stand her. She's terrible at her supervisor role. Doesn't help out, can't do the schedule for shit and when we're short staffed, thanks to her, she doesn't respond to any texts or calls from people about how we're dying on the floor. 

Our new manager isn't much better. 

My direct supervisor, who is the personification of the Peter principle. She can't think strategically or analytically whatsoever, she sets arbitrary and unrealistic goals, she thinks of these grand projects and completely disappears when it is time to do them, and she displays zero capability in actual management (her idea of supervising projects is to send an email with the project name in the subject line, and all the email says is, 'Status????').

She also sends emails like this, with one thought per line.

It's very mortifying to see emails like this go to Board members and donors.

Especially since they often have basic grammatical errors.

She was a senior officer when I initially came on, and she was promoted to director even though she does not have the skill set to manage or supervise. Thankfully, I ultimately report to our president, but they often disagree over things, which leads to especially tense/frustrating moments.

• Sad 1

1. Work refrigerator is not your personal refrigerator. I am so tired trying to find space in the refrigerator for lunch when it’s full of groceries people take home at the end of the day or just old takeout that stinks like shit. It’s fucking awful.  It is so bad that the cleaning people refuse to clean it. 

2. Work is not day care. This one lady in my department brings her kid to work at least once a week. She ultimately ends up spending the day with her door close and playing legos with her child while the rest of us work.  Since she started doing this, more and more kids are showing up and no one is getting their shit done. 

3. Business casual is not leggings with flip flops. 

People that keep getting promoted and you have no idea why.  For some, it's like titles were invented just to justify their promotion.

Software Architects who talk about and white board shit all the time, but rarely actually implement anything.

People that make/take  an absurd number of personal phone calls.

On 8/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, Biggie said:

People that get paid more than you but do a lot less work than you do simply because of seniority. 

Then move up! I worked hard doing grunt work and having the worst schedule until I got promoted and moved up to the top. Yes I get better pay and better schedule but I earned it with never mising my goals, not calling off, never being late and always completing my tasks. I'm loyal to the company I work for therefore I get extra vacation, more pay, better schedule. 

Also seniority higher job title less work is just an illusion. You are the one that handles higher risk situation, coach and develop people so they perform how you did before you got promoted. Lots of behind the scenes stuff that no one sees unless something goes wrong. 

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It just seems kinda pathetic to pay a woman to be all sexy and pretend to like you. 

You don't pay them to pretend to like you, you pay them because they are performing for your entertainment. But instead of the performance being a concert or a movie, it's a woman dancing naked. Besides, I think it does a disservice to sex workers (and sex positivity as a whole) to frame their line of work in terms of 'disgust' and 'pathetic'. There are definitely revolting people within its orbit, but the nature of the work is not.

For me is people that are often late to work (my employees so far haven't had that issue). People that complaint about their job when it's something they elected to do and/or can go elsewhere. People that halfass their responsibilities. Now currently I don't have those issues.

My current staff actually is pretty amazing with a lot of diversity in cultures, religions, political views and even age. We all respects each other and work hard. I have never experienced that before. I think biggest issue I have couple people complaint about how often they have to close. And one eager to get promoted because he wants to make more money but not ready yet. At least he takes my suggestions and implements them (mostly). 

Eh, gonna have to disagree. :shrug: 

Women can choose to go into the profession, if they want. I doubt it's something most parents' would want to see their daughters do, but if they're adults, they can make their own decisions. 

But of course, you're paying them to pretend to like you and be all sexy for you. Most guys should be able to get that for free. Sorry, but it'll always seem kinda pathetic to me. 

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It just seems kinda pathetic to pay a woman to be all sexy and pretend to like you. 

You pay for people to pretend they like you all the time. The person that serves you Starbucks, the cashier at the grocery store. When they tell you have a good day or how are you doing you think they always mean that? Strippers being sexy just happens to help them out more :p But seriously there is nothing wrong with stripping for money. It's a service people want and obviously pay for. I find other things more disgusting that being a stripper like politicians and lawyers :sick:

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, gonna have to disagree. :shrug: 

Women can choose to go into the profession, if they want. I doubt it's something most parents' would want to see their daughters do, but if they're adults, they can make their own decisions. 

But of course, you're paying them to pretend to like you and be all sexy for you. Most guys should be able to get that for free. Sorry, but it'll always seem kinda pathetic to me. 

If my daughter(s) chose to be strippers or exotic dancers to pay through college to become some big profession, I would be okay with it (just not locally). But if they wanted to make living out of it, that I wouldn't agree with but not much I could do to change their minds. 

I think many exotic dancers do it for entertainment purposes and to make money. And I pretend to like people in my line of work for paycheck. 

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

You pay for people to pretend they like you all the time. The person that serves you Starbucks, the cashier at the grocery store. When they tell you have a good day or how are you doing you think they always mean that? Strippers being sexy just happens to help them out more :p But seriously there is nothing wrong with stripping for money. It's a service people want and obviously pay for. I find other things more disgusting that being a stripper like politicians and lawyers :sick:

I'm nice to assholes everyday because I need my paycheck. I really don't care about the lives of every person I interact with but in order to do my job well I have to do it. So I agree with that. Some people, especially nice people I do care to know about.