DualSense Edge Controller

Spork3245

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

your memory is terrible 

Great rebuttal.

I am 36 years old and I've never broken a controller (besides joycon drift) in my entire life... until the ps5 came out I've since broken 2 DS controllers. The triggers will shatter into a billion pieces if you breathe on them too hard. The battery life also sucks, I get like 4-5 hours with rumble & lightbar low and sound off

10 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Great rebuttal.

I am 36 years old and I've never broken a controller (besides joycon drift) in my entire life... until the ps5 came out I've since broken 2 DS controllers. The triggers will shatter into a billion pieces if you breathe on them too hard. The battery life also sucks, I get like 4-5 hours with rumble & lightbar low and sound off

sounds like a you issue 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Is this thing actually $200 or are people just going off what I said? I just meant that’s what I’m willing to pay for it, if it has full pc wireless support!

No price confirmed. People expect in the same range as the Elite so $150-$175.

PS5 controllers are no more fragile than PS4 controllers and certainly have just as good if not better battery life. TBD on stick lag but PS4 pads were absolutely rotten with it and it seemed at least for me, to get worse as the gen progressed (even with new controllers). 

The battery life and stick drift is all I care about, and I’m not real sure drift has been a significant issue yet? 

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

PS5 controllers are no more fragile than PS4 controllers and certainly have just as good if not better battery life. TBD on stick lag but PS4 pads were absolutely rotten with it and it seemed at least for me, to get worse as the gen progressed (even with new controllers). 

The battery life and stick drift is all I care about, and I’m not real sure drift has been a significant issue yet? 

I personally think my PS4 controller has been fantastic and I've owned it for years. Not one issue with it. Same goes for my PS5 controller. It's built extremely well imo and I don't foresee any potential issues with this thing either. 

I treat my stuff exceptionally well so that plays into it as well. I'm not interested in this new controller though.

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I personally think my PS4 controller has been fantastic and I've owned it for years. Not one issue with it. Same goes for my PS5 controller. It's built extremely well imo and I don't foresee any potential issues with this thing either. 

I treat my stuff exceptionally well so that plays into it as well. I'm not interested in this new controller though.

I had good luck until the end. But battery life was always shit. 

My first ps4 controller lasted for years. The 2 I got after got stick drift about a year later. My launch ps5 controller has drift sometimes but it's still usable. On a menu, the cursor will sometimes be creeping across the screen but if you jiggle the stick it stops and seems fine for a while. Not sure if I'll get the Edge or not.

I swapped in larger capacity batteries into every DualShock 4 I got, the battery life of all the models at and for a while after launch was straight ass. The DualSense doesn’t last as long as the switch pro controller or the Xbox ones, but it’s not so bad that I’ve been tempted to split one open. 

:whistlin:

8 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

When using the PS5 controller for last gen games, or games that simply don't use haptics and adaptive triggers, the battery life is about 10-12 hours, which is totally fine IMO. However, on games that make heavy use of both, ie: Forbidden West, the battery life is less than 5 hours according to most users. For me, I don't care that much as I have a power outlet by my couch and can just plug a USB C cable into the controller, but I certainly understand the complaints.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

On 8/23/2022 at 10:53 PM, thedarkstark said:

Great rebuttal.

I mean, I don't know anyone with broken trigger haptics, and we all use our controllers a ton.. It's also incredibly comfortable. Battery life isn't great, but im an adult, I don't game for 5 hours at a time except for once every year or so for a major release. It's by far the best controller Sony has ever made.

Now, if you want an extremely fragile controller, get an Elite Series 2. Mine is garbage, and they are notoriously unreliable.

Series X still has the most responsive controller, though. 

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, I don't know anyone with broken trigger haptics, and we all use our controllers a ton.. It's also incredibly comfortable. Battery life isn't great, but im an adult, I don't game for 5 hours at a time except for once every year or so for a major release. It's by far the best controller Sony has ever made.

Now, if you want an extremely fragile controller, get an Elite Series 2. Mine is garbage, and they are notoriously unreliable.

Series X still has the most responsive controller, though. 

Part of durability is being able to withstand "normal wear & tear" which includes small drops like for instance the 2 feet from my couch to the floor.

Again never had any issues with that in any controller over the past 30 years until I got a PS5.

Is it the best controller sony have ever made? Maybe? That's not a very high bar to clear though. 

6 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Part of durability is being able to withstand "normal wear & tear" which includes small drops like for instance the 2 feet from my couch to the floor.

Again never had any issues with that in any controller over the past 30 years until I got a PS5.

Is it the best controller sony have ever made? Maybe? That's not a very high bar to clear though. 

Weird.

I've dropped my dualsense off the arm of my gaming chair so many times, and it's been bulletproof. Both of them have been great (though my purple controller has been used far less). 

And while I wish it was as quick and snappy as the xbox controller, it's so much more comfortable for big hands like mine.