PS5 Pre-order successes and horror stories thread!

Mr.Vic20

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I remember that being a problem when i preordered the Dreamcast, PS 2 and 360.

All were bad for sure. PS2 was the worst. That blue box of joy (the outer packaging) was sold out everywhere right at Christmas. I found one for my parents to buy me after weeks of calling stores/malls/checking stock etc 

I do believe more and more availability will pop up over the course of the next month.  Will be annoying to constantly have to check sites and scramble to get orders in, but it really seems like this first round was retailers just estimating their allotment, and as soon as they find out more solid info there will be more availability.

• Like 2

I'm still curious how the rest of the preorders and also Xbox preorders will go.

Because bots are a thing, I actually thought that by different retailers being ready at different times, it would actually be harder for bots to order these consoles instead of regular people. Could be wrong, though.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did anyone here manage to get a digital edition?

I did, I actually might have two on reservation now. Another Canadian retailer (shoppers drug mart) put up units for preorder last night though a somewhat messy setup but I was able to grab one and get a confirmation number. If this one does stick I will probably keep this one because the store has an amazing reward system. For my switch lite I was able to get $130/140 in store credit (which I can use at their chain of grocery stores).

my other DE preorder is through Wal-Mart Canada.