PS5 Pre-order successes and horror stories thread!

Mr.Vic20

I though this could be a separate thread from the main PS5 info thread. Anyway, I was able to score a pre-order from Game Stop last night. Who else has managed to get a reservation? Who got the bad touch? Who isn't even bothering? 

Also, a quick reminder that Sony is there for you, with just a few kind words:

PlayStation Studios |OT9| Moves 100 times faster than |OT8| | ResetEra

• Haha 1

I got two discs preorders (Target and Amazon). My brother is on the fence, but I knew by the time he decides it will be too late. If he doesn’t want it, I will ask around if someone wants it at cost. Otherwise, I will return it.

I will say this fuck Best Buy. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Slug said:

Well, I'm bummed.  I didn't know pre-orders were opening and now they seem to be out everywhere already.  Maybe later today I can drive around to some local stores and get lucky. :|

Sony itself is still sending emails out I guess based on that "Registration" thing a few days ago where you entered your PS ID.  I think from their own store Pre-orders open up tomorrow, so keep an eye out everyone for that and hope you get lucky.

I just happened to be on Discord with friends at the right time when Walmart broke the street date and one of them saw the link. In a panic, I grabbed a pre-order in case it sold out while I still could. Then when Target opened theirs, I jumped on that with my Red card and got the 5% cash back PLUS for some reason they gave me another 10% off in team member savings. A brand new PS5 disc drive is costing me $467 from them, lol

So I have two pre-orders just in case one store drops out or tries to email me with problems (we oversold, we gave you too much money off, etc etc)

16 minutes ago, Slug said:

Well, I'm bummed.  I didn't know pre-orders were opening and now they seem to be out everywhere already.  Maybe later today I can drive around to some local stores and get lucky. :|

I live in North NJ. If my brother doesn’t want it and you can’t find one, you can have it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Sony itself is still sending emails out I guess based on that "Registration" thing a few days ago where you entered your PS ID.  I think from their own store Pre-orders open up tomorrow, so keep an eye out everyone for that and hope you get lucky.

You got the email @JPDunks4? I may try to get the all digital version after all... that seems to be the hot ticket item :p

Got one at GameStop brink and mortar 5 minutes from my house. The parking lot was a free for all, people running through the shopping center, tires screeching into parking spots, it was nuts. I took my wife so I wouldnt have to find parking. When I called they only had 15 pre-orders left. I ended up with a disc drive one, whatever. 

Stayed up till 2am and came up empty handed. I feel fine knowing I was there pretty much from the start of preorders popping up and did everything possible to try and secure one. Websites are just overloaded as fuck and it didn't work out. Made it as far as the final Place Your Order button on Best Buy and it never went through. If anyone ever sees the disc drive version pop up, let me know! :pray:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Stayed up till 2am and came up empty handed. I feel fine knowing I was there pretty much from the start of preorders popping up and did everything possible to try and secure one. Websites are just overloaded as fuck and it didn't work out. Made it as far as the final Place Your Order button on Best Buy and it never went through. If anyone ever sees the disc drive version pop up, let me know! :pray:

I was shocked when it finally went thrpugh for me... I was JUST about to give up but I just kept clicking the checkout button like an idiot :p

• Pikachu changed the title to PS5 Pre-Order successes and horror stories thread!
1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Nope, stolen off Twitter.

I've bought like 6 PS4 games, and never owned a PS3.  I definitely am not the type of person Sony should be giving this to.

I won’t lie. When you mentioned you got the email, knowing how little you actually use your PS compared to me who is on it every day. Insert grumbling “mother fucker” under breath gif 😂😂😂😂

Had no chance really but to be honest I tried for a few hours early this morning say 3am'ish. Sorry guys that really really wanted one, as I feel you. Personally I really wanted to wait but got caught up in the shiny new console thoughts too! Oh well the world will not end because of this anyway. This Virus and the state of the world these days on top of these amazing new machines and graphics cards releases that are always in the best situations very limited at launches anyway, so it is what it is. I'm prepared for a cluster fuck experiences on all of them. Sorry guys, i'll be waiting till I can just go get one here in my new state of Oregon. 

That said, out of all the launches, the PS5 is the one I want first as the newish gaming PC I have makes it way easier to hold off on my new Series X, and a bad ass graphics card for awhile.  I felt the push to go get one though, felt the need to own one at launch, just not in the cards for now...

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

That Sam's Club link was tempting but since I'm not a member Im not that desperate to pay a $49 handling fee and $6 shipping. 

Yea I had one in the cart but just couldn't really justify the extra cost and while in the cart I was booted out saying it had changed. Was exciting for a sec, but at least I was able to talk myself down of the ledge, not that it was a guarantee anyways!!

As mentioned in the other thread I locked up a Digital Ed last night. I'm quite happy to grab one even if I don't keep it in the end. I'm kind of shocked how limited the DE version really is. It's starting to feel like a 20GB PS3 all over again. :lol: (Yeah I have one of those). I'm probably going to get hurt in the long run with a digital only system since I can't get physical media on sale but I think I'll just get a unit with a drive sometime in the future when a refresh happens or they drop in price. So for at launch the digital should be fine, specially with all the PS+ games being given out (I'm so far behind on my PS4 backlog that I haven't played or purchased a lot of those games).