The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

Here is my test list for today:

3D Mark
Superposition
AC: Odyssey
Control
Ryse: Son of Rome
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Crysis
Chernobylite
Doom Eternal @ 4K/120
Forza 4 @ 4K/120
MS Flight sim
Star Citizen

Metro: Exodus

Please feel free to make additional suggestions! 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3D Mark
Superposition
Control
Crysis
Chernobylite
Doom Eternal @ 4K/120
Forza 4 @ 4K/120
MS Flight sim
Star Citizen

Hello Kitty Adventure Island!

21 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3D Mark
Superposition
Control
Crysis
Chernobylite
Doom Eternal @ 4K/120
Forza 4 @ 4K/120
MS Flight sim
Star Citizen

Obligatory Tomb Raider?

Also, Warframe for science!

HZD is a bad test, wait for the next patch they say is coming soon. :p

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Obligatory Tomb Raider?

Also, Warframe for science!

HZD is a bad test, wait for the next patch they say is coming soon. :p

Actually, a couple of These are bad tests, and that's why I chose them. Doom is nice and all but its a tight piece of code. To really test my card, I need Ubisoft's hatred of optimization, Saber Interactives ineptitude in bringing Crysis up to date, and Ryse: Son of Rome, because its super sampling breaks eerrry thing! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Actually, a couple of These are bad tests, and that's why I chose them. Doom is nice and all but its a tight piece of code. To really test my card, I need Ubisoft's hatred of optimization, Saber Interactives ineptitude in bringing Crysis up to date, and Ryse: Son of Rome, because its super sampling breaks eerrry thing! 

But I want you to test for good not evil!

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3D Mark
Superposition
Control
Crysis
Chernobylite
Doom Eternal @ 4K/120
Forza 4 @ 4K/120
MS Flight sim
Star Citizen

Betrayal at Krondor

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3D Mark
Superposition
Control
Crysis
Chernobylite
Doom Eternal @ 4K/120
Forza 4 @ 4K/120
MS Flight sim
Star Citizen

Who you trying to fool?  Everybody knows that game doesn't actually exist it was just some kinda ponzi scheme obviously.... :nottalking:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Is this a meme that I have somehow missed?

No, I just really like Betrayal at Krondor and I think it’s funny to load up a game that, outside of combat, runs at essentially 0 FPS. It was also a game I spent a lot of time trying to get running by tweaking config.sys and autoexec.bat

If this is a meme I also don’t know about it and it’s a complete coincidence :p

36 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

How does the 3080 do in RDR2? I'm maxed at high to ultra settings around 60fps my RX480 flashed to a RX580 is pegged at 100% my 4790k at 4.6GHz is at like 40% lol. I'm very GPU bound.

Looks like 70-80 FPS at 1440p/Ultra settings.

RDR2 isn't a great benchmark for GPU as it gets CPU bottlenecked pretty hard.

Also Ampere sees biggest percentage increases in 4K, the 2080ti actually outperforms it at 1080p in many instances. The combo of these things leads to pretty meh performance, but yeah 60+fps @1440p is solid if a little underwhelming.

Yeah, RDR2 runs like ass in general.

Dude seems to get between 50-60 FPS at true 4k, dips into the high 40s a few times, but he's also at pretty much absolute maxed settings (unlike the guy above who actually had some stuff on medium despite being at 1440p) that are WAY overkill and barely offer any visual increase in exchange for big drops in performance. It's like The Witcher 2's old Ubersampling or whatever that can still bring modern systems to their knees. Just a "oh well, go fuckin' wild" set of options, which I respect even if it might never be feasible, often due to the game engine itself.

This is a game that would greatly benefit from a good DLSS implementation.

12 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Ugh I'm GPU bottlenecked in RDR2, it's more gpu than cpu, if my 4790k at 4.6 is sitting at 40-50% utilization it's not cpu bound at 1080p, my GPU is maxed at 100%, CPU is bored doing something else at this point lol.

If at 1440p it's only getting 70+fps that's an engine issue, thought there would have been a bigger improvement. Not that RDR2 runs bad at all but once you enable the highest settings the game is very pretty, but there are certain parts that go below 40fps easily. Otherwise a pretty consistent 60fps with vulkan at 1080p, guess I'm expecting too much.

I wasn't suggesting that you in particular aren't being GPU bottlenecked, you obviously are but in general it's very CPU intensive. The engine is by no means masterpiece and deserves most of the blame, GTA also runs really poorly in comparison to similar sandbox games. 

• Guillotine 1

7 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

And now my watch has ended.

spacer.png

Lets gooooooooooooooooo :dancing:

Nice.

I got beat at Best Buy. I almost kinda just want to wait for big navi it's annoying to be doing this.

I  am still hopeful that I can wake up early and go to Microcenter on the day of release and buy one.

39 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Nice.

I got beat at Best Buy. I almost kinda just want to wait for big navi it's annoying to be doing this.

I  am still hopeful that I can wake up early and go to Microcenter on the day of release and buy one.

I can't go to MC most days because of work but I have a few friends who have been going and the closest store gets between 2-15 cards ~4-5 days a week now. If you can get there by around 7:30-8ish (maybe 9 depending on how big a city you're in) you'll definitely get one in the next few weeks.

Wednesday they got 2 Strix, Thurdsay they got 4 MSI, Today they got 15 total (EVGA, Tuf, Strix)

56 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Mr.Vic20 We need an update on how it's going with that 3090! The only thing i have to look forward to is experiencing that sweet gaming vicariously through you....

Fair enough sir! Given that my rig is hooked up to an LG C9 I have only a few minutes of playing at 4K/120/HDR, but I will tell you that following LG's firmware update, I will always be gaming in that mode whenever a game allows, as it's truly a beautiful smooth experience. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did! Otherwise, the card is a beast. It will run just anything well, with the exception of titles like Starcitizen, which runs poorly no matter what hardware you throw at it. The card also runs quite a bit cooler and quieter than my 2080ti ever did. Counting the fan in the GPU itself, I have 11 fans running in my case and the whole thing is whisper quiet! Very impressive! 

AC: Odyssey actually runs rock solid at 60 (probably higher if G-sync was off, but who cares!) Ubisoft games as such crap on PC so it's nice to run one so damn smoothly. 

• Thanks 1