The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

On 6/28/2022 at 5:51 AM, elbobo said:

still rocking my 1080, might do a whole new build next year but I don't play super demanding games as much anymore

This is the computer i still have and probably won't be able to upgrade from anytime soon due to health problems.

4 GB DDR 2 

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 

Western Digital 250 GB HDD 

Antec NeoPower 650 650W 

GTX 650 GeForce GTX 650 DirectX 11 

2 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

This is the computer i still have and probably won't be able to upgrade from anytime soon due to health problems.

4 GB DDR 2 

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 

Western Digital 250 GB HDD 

Antec NeoPower 650 650W 

GTX 650 GeForce GTX 650 DirectX 11 

Pretty solid specs you could play Terraria on that.

• Shocked 1

Man I’m looking forward to the next gpu jump this fall or whatever, should really push 4k/120 forward and make 60fps simply easy for even the most demanding RT stuff. But man I’m not sure if Im ready psychologically to go through that buying process again.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stepee said:

Man I’m looking forward to the next gpu jump this fall or whatever, should really push 4k/120 forward and make 60fps simply easy for even the most demanding RT stuff. But man I’m not sure if Im ready psychologically to go through that buying process again.

If crypto markets remain depressed, maybe it won’t be quite so stupid this time?

And again, why can’t we just have a line to jump in and when it’s our turn, we get it? I very rarely checked in on the state of the Steam Deck situation because my order was in and whenever it was ready, it was ready.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If crypto markets remain depressed, maybe it won’t be quite so stupid this time?

And again, why can’t we just have a line to jump in and when it’s our turn, we get it? I very rarely checked in on the state of the Steam Deck situation because my order was in and whenever it was ready, it was ready.

I DONT FUCKING KNOW why we can’t just do everything like with steam deck. I may not have been first to get it but mannnnn was that stress free compared to some of these launches. I guess evga kinda has that with their elite or whatever program now.

Honestly the worst part is just the websites crashing from all the bots. I want hardware launchers to figure out how to just respect my time. If I’m not first in line, fine, just give me a reasonable date.

I feel like even with things returning to normal, just the launch alone will have such a perceived demand issue that it will be a self fulfilled prophecy that we will make it as terrible as last time at launch.

I had been thinking I would wait until the 40 series releases and just skip this gen, but with multiple rumors from multiple sources saying that Nvidia will probably delay it until next year I decided to just go for it now.

I ordered an MSI 3080 12GB on Newegg for $800. It has a $30 rebate to go along with the free games. It should be here Wednesday. It's the first card I've bought since my 10180ti, which was RMA'd to a 2080. I'm excited, now I just have to figure out what I want to play first after I install it. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

On 7/17/2022 at 3:11 PM, stepee said:

I'm gonna try going by AMD.com they had a constant drop of GPUs on Thursdays. Failing that I may have to resort to unspeakable means. Comon 7900XT.

• 4 months later...