The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

3 minutes ago, Link200 said:

The cap thing was a part of the overall picture.

Not according to this guy, he said the cards with mlccs were crashing just as much as the ones with poscaps, although apparently a mix is good because they compliment each other by working at different frequencies. I'm no engineer this stuff is way over my head, but it seems pretty safe to purchase any card you can get your hands on and not having to worry about getting a faulty product.

8 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

All cards are stable at factory clock speeds

Some of the Zotac cards were coming undervolted and underperforming by 2-3%. You can see this in some reviews. The thought is that the undervolt is limiting the boost clock.

But, yes, the main issue is attempting to OC, OR, even buying some pre-OCed cards.

23 minutes ago, NextGen said:

spacer.png

Its here, and its power hungry

Ran a quick and dirty overclock on it for the Bright Memory RTX demo and it's uhh..thirsty

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, If I end up with a 3090 chances are I will need a new PSU as well. 850 watts may not cut it anymore.

33 minutes ago, Rev said:

Jesus. I've been trying my fucking ass off trying to get a 3080 and just failing over and over. What did you guys do to get one?

Set up chrome page monitor extension, set it to refresh amazon cards every 5 seconds, when it pinged I 1 touch ordered that badboy as fast as possible. There's also a discord server that has an instock bot that has been helping a lot of people get them.

On a related note the RTX 3070 launch has been delayed to October 29th to "make more cards available at launch"

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ogimage.jpg
WWW.NVIDIA.COM

We’re changing the launch date of our next GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card to October 29th.

30 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Set up chrome page monitor extension, set it to refresh amazon cards every 5 seconds, when it pinged I 1 touch ordered that badboy as fast as possible. There's also a discord server that has an instock bot that has been helping a lot of people get them.

On a related note the RTX 3070 launch has been delayed to October 29th to "make more cards available at launch"

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ogimage.jpg
WWW.NVIDIA.COM

We’re changing the launch date of our next GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card to October 29th.

I'm using the instock bot plus a couple others and I've been notified immediately and started trying to get several cards now but the cards are always either sold out immediately or the site freezes up nonstop until they're all sold out. I haven't seen a lot of legit cards go up on Amazon. The extension pings you when it sees a card or do you just have it set to refresh and watch yourself?

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm using the instock bot plus a couple others and I've been notified immediately and started trying to get several cards now but the cards are always either sold out immediately or the site freezes up nonstop until they're all sold out. I haven't seen a lot of legit cards go up on Amazon. The extension pings you when it sees a card or do you just have it set to refresh and watch yourself?

Once you set it up it pings you, no watching necessary. 

43 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I made my own bot. Some bot protections are an absolute joke. One retailer can just be brute forced to bypass capchta.

I almost snagged a 3080 last night but I didn't realize it would need a random password after some time :doh:

Most of the retailers are claiming that they are hand-checking orders after they're done and voiding ones that look like bots but I don't know if it's actually true or just a PR response.

42 minutes ago, Rev said:

Most of the retailers are claiming that they are hand-checking orders after they're done and voiding ones that look like bots but I don't know if it's actually true or just a PR response.

Honestly, it has to be a PR thing. I can't tell you how many cards I had ready to go with minimal hesitation only to be sold out shortly after being added to my cart. No way those are human sales.

Honestly at this point I don't feel bad for doing it. I am not paying a bot company and I am only getting a card for personal use.

Just now, Link200 said:

Honestly, it has to be a PR thing. I can't tell you how many cards I had ready to go with minimal hesitation only to be sold out shortly after being added to my cart. No way those are human sales.

Honestly at this point I don't feel bad for doing it. I am not paying a bot company and I am only getting a card for personal use.

If you want to get a second 3080, I'll buy it.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

If you want to get a second 3080, I'll buy it.

:lol:, I don't even know if my bot will work in the end.

I still have one unknown factor. That damn password. It *should* work. I can't really test it since I have to wait for the login to timeout.

13 minutes ago, Link200 said:

It's probably PR. It seems for stores GPUs are a low margin item so doubt they care. The only other possibility is that they are doing it. It's a slow process but once they cancel and release the items to be sold again they got caught by bots again. 

I am not looking forward to Ryzen 3, RDNA2, and any future Nintendo console releases. 

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

You also have to be lucky enough to be close to the warehouse it's at with Best Buy. They have a maximum shipping distance.

That's a bruh moment. Ok I am just gonna ignore notifications from them.

I am happy I held off on getting gift cards from work for Best Buy. I instead got target cards and ordered Lego Old Trafford. @ManUtdRedDevils

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

That is what you get for betraying AMD

@Zaku3 how big is Old Trafford? I don’t think I have space for it. 

Found this

The Old Trafford-Manchester United LEGO football stadium measures 6.5” (18.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 15” (39cm) wide

Still trying to determine how to build it. Might just assemble it on the floor since my table isn't big enough to assemble it and have my monitor on it at the same time. Probably will leave it as a center piece on my dining room table. 

Also my punishment for abandoning AMD seems to be being tormented by my inability to get a 3080 or 3090.