The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Can deal with... what, exactly? Just looked like someone filming their card for several seconds.

I think the power cable might be too close to his fan and it's making noise. Haven't watched the video because I am working but I think that is his problem. 

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Don't sit 2 inches from your case? Stick it on the floor like a normal person.

what kind of heathen would do such a thing? I'll bet you just stick your cable/satelite box into your entertainment center and don't spend hours staring at it giving it the TLC it deserves as well? You make me sick.

8 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I just got wrecked. The gigabyte guy posted the wrong link. Effed everyone in that reddit thread.

Same. This launch is such an epic fail. Release date for RDNA2 I am heading to microcenter as soon as I get off work the day before.

9 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I just got wrecked. The gigabyte guy posted the wrong link. Effed everyone in that reddit thread.

Jesus, I was just reading the reddit thread. That guy might want to hire some personal security lol. That launch was why I happened to see the ftw3. I was looking for the Aorus.

Hope you guys get yours soon. Upgrading from my 1080 Ti has been a damned revelation. The 1080 Ti was never realistically a 4k card, so when I got my 4k monitor and tried Doom Eternal on my 1080 Ti, it ran pretty poorly maxed out. Maybe 30-40 FPS. It just felt bad.

I pop this bad boy in and at the exact same maxed out settings and resolution, I'm getting 120 FPS locked.

Playing Control at max settings (and "performance" DLSS) and getting 70-90 FPS at almost all times is crazy. The game looks and feels so much better. The reflections are insane. Seeing an entire room reflected back in the convex plastic of a cheap clock hanging on the wall, while the polished wood behind it is doing the same but in an obviously different way due to the material, it's soooo fucking good.

And finally Minecraft RTX, where you get to play with these things on your own and build cool rooms and worlds with absolutely incredible lighting, I haven't enjoyed a GPU upgrade like this in YEARS.

I hope it's not coming across as rubbing it in, because I had to fight for this fuckin' card too, but I'm just saying, once you do finally get it, it's a damn good time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Hope you guys get yours soon. Upgrading from my 1080 Ti has been a damned revelation. The 1080 Ti was never realistically a 4k card, so when I got my 4k monitor and tried Doom Eternal on my 1080 Ti, it ran pretty poorly maxed out. Maybe 30-40 FPS. It just felt bad.

I pop this bad boy in and at the exact same maxed out settings and resolution, I'm getting 120 FPS locked.

Playing Control at max settings (and "performance" DLSS) and getting 70-90 FPS at almost all times is crazy. The game looks and feels so much better. The reflections are insane. Seeing an entire room reflected back in the convex plastic of a cheap clock hanging on the wall, while the polished wood behind it is doing the same but in an obviously different way due to the material, it's soooo fucking good.

And finally Minecraft RTX, where you get to play with these things on your own and build cool rooms and worlds with absolutely incredible lighting, I haven't enjoyed a GPU upgrade like this in YEARS.

I hope it's not coming across as rubbing it in, because I had to fight for this fuckin' card too, but I'm just saying, once you do finally get it, it's a damn good time.

Not at all sir, it sounds like you are really enjoying your new hardware, good for you! 

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Not at all. You arguably need it more than me. I am rocking a 2080 Super. Not exactly a slouch of a card.

I would like to have a 3080 by Cyberpunk though. I think it is doable.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You should have been getting twice that performance in Doom Eternal with a 1080 Ti.

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

You should have been getting twice that performance in Doom Eternal with a 1080 Ti.

At 4k/maxed settings? I dunno as I don't follow 1080 Ti benchmarks, but another issue is that my card was starting to really struggle with hitting my set thermal limits (84c) which was also causing performance drops. Typically only under very heavy loads, as now that my wife is using it to play FFXIV at 1080p she's getting like 5x the performance of whatever old AMD GPU she had in her machine.