The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

That would be great also. 

batmobile-h_2016.jpg

I would love it if he upgraded to a batmobile something like this eventually which is still my favorite!

They had a replica of that car at Astrosworld in Houston outside of the Batman Escapees ride and it was always a highlight of my visits to the park

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They had a replica of that car at Astrosworld in Houston outside of the Batman Escapees ride and it was always a highlight of my visits to the park

batmobile-at-six-flags.jpg

I definitely agree but for me it was visiting Six Flags Great America in Chicago, Il when i was a kid a few times. I lived in South Bend, IN so the drive was about 2 hours.

10 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Also, I’d submit that in hindsight Nolan’s films weren’t really ‘dark’, it just seemed that way given the juxtaposition with the Burton and Schumacher films. This looks *dark*, dark. 

I would tend to agree. With the exception of a few moments, the Nolan films are solidly PG-13 and don’t delve particularly deeply into the dark reaches of the Batman/Bruce Wayne psyche. I think TDK in particular has a darker veneer than it really holds. Bruce is an oddly hopeful person in much of the film.

BB could damn near be a PG on the basis of tone and thematics.

20 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Also, I’d submit that in hindsight Nolan’s films weren’t really ‘dark’, it just seemed that way given the juxtaposition with the Burton and Schumacher films. This looks *dark*, dark. 

I think "relatively grounded" might be a better way of putting it. They weren't wacky or campy, or overly reliant on "comic book logic."

I agree they're not really "dark."

Also, not sure if it was already posted, but Matt Reeves put up the trailer in 4K on Vimeo.

3 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Is anyone else tired of these gritty Batman movies? The trilogy was fine and Affleck was meh imo. I wish they would redo a Keaton/animated style Batman, with over the top cartoony villains, gadgets and actual colors.

I'm definitely Batman'ed out, but this looks good regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I'm not sure an Adam West style live action Batman movie would work nowadays. I would appreciate an animated film in the vein of Spider-Verse with a big budget!

That would be ace. In fact, a production by Lord and Miller would probably be perfect for a not-so-serious animated Batman.

1 hour ago, NeoJoe said:

Is anyone else tired of these gritty Batman movies? The trilogy was fine and Affleck was meh imo. I wish they would redo a Keaton/animated style Batman, with over the top cartoony villains, gadgets and actual colors.

I think I am kind of... I don't know if I need a campy Batman move perse, but something less grounded and more superheroic might work. Somewhere between Burton's Batman and Nolan's I think might work. This Batman (at least from the trailer) doesn't differentiate itself enough from Nolan's movies for my tastes. No one has really done the 70's Batman who was pretty much a detective and James Bond in a Bat-Suit. We went from 60's Batman to 80's Batman and have pretty much been stuck there.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think I am kind of... I don't know if I need a campy Batman move perse, but something less grounded and more superheroic might work. Somewhere between Burton's Batman and Nolan's I think might work. This Batman (at least from the trailer) doesn't differentiate itself enough from Nolan's movies for my tastes. No one has really done the 70's Batman who was pretty much a detective and James Bond in a Bat-Suit. We went from 60's Batman to 80's Batman and have pretty much been stuck there.

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

When you approach The Dark Knight Rises as the unintentional comedy it very obviously is in hindsight, that movie specifically is not dark at all. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

True but the tone of film won't change dramatically from this.

The trailer is one note. I’m certain the film has more range based on the people involved.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

That sucks. Will they have to push back the release date?

I think we are far from the end of the movie release date carousel. We still don’t have all the post production vendor capacity back, so finishing movies is also going to continue to cause delays. The shooting schedule changes will have other knock on effects as these movies jockey for position in the overall pipeline.