Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "The Last Chapter" trailer - free update that ties up the loose ends of Eivor's story

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: NX Gamer Title Update 1.04 technical analysis
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: Title Update 1.04 technical analyses from NX Gamer and Digital Foundry
4 hours ago, best3444 said:

3 crashes on the Xbox one x. Sound goes off, AI is retarded, and some other small glitches. None that take away the enjoyment from the game. It's one if the better assassin's creed games I've played. 

That's weird. I'm playing on my One X as well and I don't think I've had a single crash yet after about 30 hours worth of playtime. I have noticed the AI is wonky as shit though. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Is it possible to just mainline this game and not do any side stuff to grind? I’m having an okay time with it but for whatever reason the game isn’t grabbing me like Odyssey did. 

I don't think so. There are some quests that have a recommended "power" and you'll get 1-2 shot by enemies.

Question for everyone. I just finished 

Spoiler

Asgard... and it was a boring slog for me. Really pissed that I spent the time to collect all 30 (30!! Fuck) Ymir stones for 5 fricking power points). The whole questline was just fricking boring and the level design worse (felt like it was made to be intentionally slow to traverse)

Anyhow... once done I got another quest to go to 

Spoiler

Jotonheim... which seems like the way to advance the plot forward and man, I really don't want to deal with another boring slog/collectathon. Is it as bad as Asgard was? Is it skippable?

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't know how to fish? I built the hut and the boy is there ready for me to bring him fish.

Also, I don't recall getting an update for this game. How can I check I have the newest patch?

Hit down on the dpad and select the fishing option.

• Thanks 1

Xbox version, for days I've been getting a connection error message. I am connected, can still get to the store and Ubi-Connect thing, but my cloud save is now 10 hours behind and can only be loaded, not saved.

Anyone else run into a similar issue?

2 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Xbox version, for days I've been getting a connection error message. I am connected, can still get to the store and Ubi-Connect thing, but my cloud save is now 10 hours behind and can only be loaded, not saved.

Anyone else run into a similar issue?

Cloud saves have been borked for the last few days on the PC too.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, johnny said:

Is it possible to just mainline this game and not do any side stuff to grind? I’m having an okay time with it but for whatever reason the game isn’t grabbing me like Odyssey did. 

Yes. Im always powerful enough when i get to a new area, even if its 20 power levels above me. Only the zealots are actually hard. 

Odyssey had a great story, but I hated the grind. 

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Odyssey had a greaf story, but I hated a grind. 

I would not have been able to play Odyssey on console because of the annoying level grind and how an enemy like 1-2 levels above you was near-impossible to fight. On PC, I used an XP cheat because I didn't want to put 80+ hours into a 30-40 hour game :p 

• Haha 1

The only thing that really annoyed me about Odyssey were the bounty hunters. It got to a point where I'd be trying to stealth my way into a encampment and all of a sudden Hey look it's a bounty hunter! Nobody in this camp knew I was here, but hey the bounty hunter knew my exact location from 20 miles away!

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Hit down on the dpad and select the fishing option.

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Pretty sure the title screen says what version of the game you’re running. On the bottom right maybe?

Good thinking. I'll look tonight. 

Also, if I did get the update the enemy and friendly AI in battle is pretty bad. Guards standing in corners jerking off etc. No movement from my party unless I move them along. 

Still, I'm loving every second of it. :feelsgood:

Any tips for

Spoiler

The builder fight? 

dude is kicking my ass. And I can’t back out bc a respawn puts you right back in the fight. I may have to reload an earlier save. Maybe I’m underlevelled for 

Spoiler

Asgard

it said I should be level 90 and I think I went in at 60ish. I’m around 75-80 now. I’ve had no problems but I’m barely doing any damage to him at all. 

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I have the latest patch and the AI is still bad. Oh well. 35 hours in and loving it.

The AI and combat difficulty in general is pretty simple thus far.  Some of the higher level bosses can kick your ass quick if you're under leveled, but everyone is very very easy.

I am loving the game thus far.  Maybe 20 hours in or so, and so far kind of going for every little mark on the map.  Some of the Hidden Armors I'm not sure if I can get yet, or need to wait til later, so thats kind of annoying.  Can't find any real way into certain buildings so moving on for now.

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

The AI and combat difficulty in general is pretty simple thus far.  Some of the higher level bosses can kick your ass quick if you're under leveled, but everyone is very very easy.

I am loving the game thus far.  Maybe 20 hours in or so, and so far kind of going for every little mark on the map.  Some of the Hidden Armors I'm not sure if I can get yet, or need to wait til later, so thats kind of annoying.  Can't find any real way into certain buildings so moving on for now.

There's only a few buildings you legit can't get into without quest progress. Usually if you look around or into the building carefully, you'll find a way in. Or if there's a key nearby, of course. Use da bird.

It is absolutely mind-boggling to me that people still buy/play these games, there are like more than 12 of them, and they always get mediocre reviews and they get loaded up with more and more bugs and micro-transactions every year.

For those who bought Valhalla is this the first one you've purchased in a long while or do you purchase every AC game? If it's the latter what keeps drawing you into them?

4 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

It is absolutely mind-boggling to me that people still buy/play these games, there are like more than 12 of them, and they always get mediocre reviews and they get loaded up with more and more bugs and micro-transactions every year.

For those who bought Valhalla is this the first one you've purchased in a long while or do you purchase every AC game? If it's the latter what keeps drawing you into them?

Mediocre reviews? Really? The last 3 got low to mid 80’s, and they sell because they are very good games.

Also, what micro transactions? You can buy skins, and expansion packs. Thats it. 

it really sounds like you never played one.

10 hours ago, atom631 said:

Any tips for

Reveal hidden contents

dude is kicking my ass. And I can’t back out bc a respawn puts you right back in the fight. I may have to reload an earlier save. Maybe I’m underlevelled for 

Reveal hidden contents

it said I should be level 90 and I think I went in at 60ish. I’m around 75-80 now. I’ve had no problems but I’m barely doing any damage to him at all. 

When he does that move that knocks you in the air, make sure you have a hunter bow equipped (the type that keeps you in third person), and aim for the top of his head.

35 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

When he does that move that knocks you in the air, make sure you have a hunter bow equipped (the type that keeps you in third person), and aim for the top of his head.

even after his yellow bar is broken? i feel like like even my heavy attacks after i get the buff barely take a sliver of health off him

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

even after his yellow bar is broken? i feel like like even my heavy attacks after i get the buff barely take a sliver of health off him

It should still do extra damage after the stamina bar is broken. After that, whenever that white orb appears after he missed an attack, make sure to run up and collect it, then immediately attack him as it should “power you” and make your attack stumble him back or knock him down. If he gets knocked down hit him with your stomp skill if you have it from the skill tree.

5 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Lol it’s impressive how incorrect that entire statement is 

5 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

The series definitely hit a mediocre rut for a while. Black Flag was the only one I actually really liked between Brotherhood and Origins, the rest were totally mediocre. HOWEVER, Origins and Odyssey were both awesome games. There are microtransactions, but they're totally non-intrusive. As for bugs, Unity was the only one that had a lot of bugs at launch (to the point they gave everyone who bought the game a free game, that was fun), I've never really had a problem with any of the others in that department. However, I tend to not play them at launch. I think Unity, Black Flag, and Odyssey are the only ones I played right at launch.

I'm most likely going to wait until all the DLC is out before playing Valhalla, though. I think I read that they plan on having all of the content completed by around August.