Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

• SaysWho? changed the title to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: Review Embargo lifts June 8
2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

11 more days of waiting is torture! 

I hope it turns out great for all the ps5 owners. Visually we know it's mind blowing but I hope the gameplay and story are great, too. I look forward to everyone's impressions and reviews. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Get ready to be fuckin blown away with visuals not seen yet in gaming.

I mean, there is Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and Cyberpunk pc, but it is a different style here so I’ll give you that :P

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean, there is Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and Cyberpunk pc, but it is a different style here so I’ll give you that :P

It's a different art style, too. But I think overall it will offer the best visuals on the market. 

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's a different art style, too. But I think overall it will offer the best visuals on the market. 

It IS a pretty wild looking game, curious how I’ll feel after playing it compared to Exodus Enhanced, the lighting in that is game changing.

I finally started Metro 2033 just to play the series to get ready for the Exodus Enhanced console update. But with this coming out I probably won't have Last Light done before it drops. Should be wrapping up 2033 this weekend though. But I'm on vacation in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll get this beat and Exodus starting during that. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

It IS a pretty wild looking game, curious how I’ll feel after playing it compared to Exodus Enhanced, the lighting in that is game changing.

Man. That must look stunning. I can't wait until the unreal engine 5 is being utilized. I guess 2-3 years from now. 

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@Xbob42 u ready

Looks soo good. I love the gameplay mechanic they are using with the portal there too. If this mode is as high quality iq as Miles still was oh man. Love all the options they give too. Naughty Dog had a good run at being Sony’s best graphics tech devs.

Oh man amazing reviews for this! I remember saying earlier it could likely be one of the best games of its type ever and it would never get a 90+ due to still being a stage based 3D action platformer so a 88 is about as good as I’d imagine!

I expected high 80, low 90's.  Looking back historically thats where the Ratchet games generally land, and it seems Insomniac is only getting better as a developer.

I may cave and buy this to check it out, but we'll see as there's a few other games I'm putting a lot of time into right now.

Looks like a absolutely sublime Ratchet & Clank experience, but doesn't reinvent the wheel and isn't the longest game. Works for me!

I'll take 10-15 hours of amazing over extending the game with fluff and pointless shit, especially for this type of game.

Game Information

Game Title: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Platforms:

• PlayStation 5 (Jun 11, 2021)

Developer: Insomniac Games

Publisher: SIE

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 89 average - 98% recommended

Critic Reviews

Daily Star - 5 / 5 stars

Overall a fantastic new title for the PS5.

EGM - 10 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the first game I've played since the ninth-generation consoles launched that feels like a true next-gen title. Insomniac Games has done everything that it needed to do in making both a sequel to its longest-running franchise and a true next-gen exclusive. While it might not technically be a PlayStation 5 launch title, it feels like one-a real preview of the console's capabilities. But beyond that, Rift Apart is just an absolute blast to play.

GamesBeat - 5 / 5 stars

Rift Apart is a special game. And as long as Sony Interactive Entertainment has Insomniac releasing games like this for the PS5, I’m going keep showing up on day one with $70 in hand, ready for the next adventure.

GamesRadar+ - 5 / 5 stars

The best Ratchet and Clank adventure yet, and a showcase for the power of the PS5.

INDIANTVCZ - Czech - 10 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has always been a game with great ambitions. To bring back a good old series in modern way isn’t for everyone and yet Insomniac Games did everything right. The story of Ratchet and Clank is worthy of every single animated movie. It will take you on an engaging expedition to save the world through magnificent cut-scenes with professional voice-over. But unlike animated movies this adventure is there to be experienced. Gameplay follows the standards of action adventure and platform games and in many ways, it goes even beyond. The layout of action, slow story moments and logic is breathtaking and every single time you spend with Ratchet, Clank and Rivet will be the time you enjoy. Battles are still a little bit more chaotic and you have to take some time to get along with the aiming, but in the final judgment Rift Apart offers you an experience, which won’t leave you steady till the final battle no matter what. Planets are just wonderful as is the graphic and technological processing managed by console PlayStation 5. The next part isn’t trying to change anything in its core or to be something entirely new or different. It just wants to do the honor to the famous and beloved couple of heroes. And it does that damn well. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is one of the best games in its genre. That is something that can’t be changed by any smaller mistake. If you want an action adventure with platform attributes, you don’t have to search any further. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the world you are looking for. And a game with hardly any competitor of the same nature.

Nexus Hub - 10 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart not only exemplifies what the PS5 is capable of, but it's also everything that a video game should be: fun. The story has been masterfully crafted to engage with new audiences, as well as long-standing fans that have been with Ratchet and Clank through the past 19 years without having to beat the nostalgia-machine to death.

PCMag - 5 / 5 stars

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart delivers a true next-gen experience thanks to its stunning visuals, haptic controls, and blazing-fast load times. Thrilling combat, expansive levels, and memorable characters make this PlayStation 5 exclusive an essential purchase.

VG247 - 5 / 5 stars

This is a full-fat, planet-hopping, mystery-filled adventure that PS5 owners will lap up and non-owners will resent not being able to play, perhaps through no lack of trying.

Washington Post - 100 / 100

In a time when sneering, ironic detachment remains in fashion, Insomniac Games has created the rare modern masterpiece with no convoluted agenda, no subtext — just so many reasons to smile and laugh. This purity is felt through every pixel, every line reading and every planet.

We Got This Covered - 5 / 5 stars

Rift Apart is a technical showcase, but it's also one of the finest 3D action platformers since Jak and Daxter. Insomniac consistently proves that the Ratchet and Clank series is a wellspring of potential, and they've delivered a complete experience that's as full of heart as it is surprises.

Paste Magazine - 9.7 / 10

It's a maximal game with big wacky characters and a killer shotgun. This is a game about friendship and games about friendship fucking rule. Rift Apart is better than action figures.

Critical Hit - 9.5 / 10

I think it's impossible to put down your controller once you finish Rift Apart for the first time, and not have a smile on your face. It's a game that's chicken soup for the soul, nourishing and positive content that's just incredibly wholesome to consume. Loud with its setpiece moments and surprisingly introspective with its emotional haymakers, all of its style and substance comes together to create not only a colourful, and wonderfully mad showcase for the PS5, but also the definitive Ratchet and Clank adventure for the next generation of gaming.

Digital Chumps - 9.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a breathtaking thrill ride of action, utilizing the PlayStation 5 architecture in truly impressive ways. A heartfelt story and gorgeously crafted worlds are complimented by stunning combat bursting with visual flair.

Gaming Nexus - 9.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a true showpiece of new-gen technology. Whilst the internet argues over the matter of cross-generation games, Rift Apart avoids any such controversy since what it's doing simply isn't possible on the older hardware. I was tempted to go ahead and award a perfect score, but a familiar formula and some lacklustre puzzling prevented me from doing so. On the whole, though, this is gaming's summer blockbuster in the same vein that Hollywood emphasises this season for its big releases. For those with a PS5, it's an absolute must-play as a showcase of what's possible beyond just prettier graphics and faster framerates.

GamingTrend - 95 / 100

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is one of the best games I've played this year. It's fun, it's endearing, and I just want to play it again. The gameplay isn't much different, but it's refined and has aged like a fine wine, with the technical prowess on display we've come to expect from Insomniac Games. If you're looking for a great narrative, the story is arguably the best in the series, with the grandeur of a Marvel movie in tow. One could imply the game isn't long enough, but that's only because they put down the controller, and that's just not what you're going to do if you have a copy of Rift Apart.

God is a Geek - 9.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the game you've been waiting for, filled with stunning visuals, magnificent gameplay, and so much more.

PPE.pl - Polish - 9.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is one of the most beautiful games that offers a well-written story, makes great use of the DualSense controller and ... It is a showcase of PlayStation 5. You buy a console for such titles.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 9.5 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is proof that some series are timeless. It celebrates and retains the classic gameplay first created nearly 20 years ago, while simultaneously feeling completely at home as a showcase PS5 title. It tells a heartfelt story that explores beyond Ratchet and Clank, bringing in new characters that stand tall in their own right. And those tools of destruction? They're here in spades, more destructive than ever before. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart continues the PlayStation legacy, and I can't help but hope that in time it heralds the return of the PlayStation buddy platformers of old.

Press Start - 9.5 / 10

Some minor missed opportunities aside this Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is an unforgettable, unbelievably gorgeous and downright addictive game and easily the best entry in the fan-favourite franchise. For all of its jaw-dropping visuals, industry-leading design and writing packed with heart and humour it succeeds on first and foremost being a really good time. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the most fun I've had with a DualSense in my hand and it stands as the best current reason to own a PS5.

Wccftech - 9.5 / 10

Through outstanding storytelling, exquisite visuals, and gripping gameplay, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart proves to be an engaging, fun, funny, and thoroughly enjoyable return to the series. It also offers the introduction to two brand new characters that could arguably be the protagonists of their own spin-off, or at least return to future entries in the series. For fans and new players alike, this is a game I would recommend for everybody and a true showing of the sort of titles we should expect for the new generation.

WellPlayed - 9.5 / 10

Easily the best Ratchet & Clank game in the series, Rift Apart also manages to be the most technically and graphically impressive game of the current generation so far.

Atomix - Spanish - 94 / 100

It goes without saying that if you already have a PS5 in your house, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is something that you simply cannot pass up, because it is precisely one of the things that justifies having spent so much on a new generation console. It is one of those games in which it hurts to progress because each time you do it, you are closer to the inevitable end.

Geek Culture - 9.4 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart represents the zenith of a long-running series, and paves the way for a bright future full of possibilities.

COGconnected - 93 / 100

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart has something for almost everyone. Fast and satisfying combat and gameplay, absolutely jaw-dropping good looks, a fantastic score, and narrative design, writing, and acting that could be plugged right in as the next Pixar film.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.3 / 10

Quote not yet available

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 91 / 100

In many ways Rift Apart is the first "next gen" game. It truly feels like playing a Pixar movie, with great details, animations and an impressive weapon catalogue. Traveling trough dimensions mechanics never cease to amaze.

Areajugones - Spanish - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is, on the one hand, a sublime technical experience that makes perfect use of the benefits of PS5 to be the most next-gen thing I've played so far. But on the other hand, it is much more than a simple demonstration of power.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5 / 5 stars

Rift Apart cements Ratchet and Clank as one of PlayStation's premier franchises.

Destructoid - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart isn’t afraid to revel in its mascot-platformer roots, but it manages to knock so many of its competitors completely out of the water.

Filmweb - Polish - 9 / 10 stars

"Rift Apart" isn't just beautiful. Sunsets are. Chocolate soufflé is. Maybe siamese kittens too. Here, visual flair and unfathomable tech underneath the sparky, shiny surface constitute the greater experience. Stunning vistas, tremendous particle effects and Pixar-grade animation elevate the story and expand our imagination leading into pure, aesthetic ecstasy. Just look out for your feet - dropping jaw can be pretty damn heavy.

Game Informer - 9 / 10

It's as long as any other Ratchet game, but it feels like it flies by in a flash, and is a hard one to put down

Game Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart uses the power of the PS5 to put on a stunning display, highlighted by bombastic action, plenty of humor, and heart.

Game Revolution - 9 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is the first PS5 exclusive that I can recommend everyone go out and buy. It’s a cutting-edge masterclass of what the PS5 is capable of, but with the soul of the original R&C games, packaged with a comprehensive set of accessibility options.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is an exciting action title, that simply never gets boring. You can expect colorful characters, epic battles, and fun to explore worlds. On the tech side Rift Apart shows everything that PlayStation 5 has to offer, be it great visuals, surround sound, or DualSense features. It's the perfect benchmark for Sony's new gaming system.

GamePro - German - 90 / 100

The PS5 summer relies on old friends. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is more than just a next-gen infusion, but perhaps the best PS5 game to date.

GameSpew - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is easily the best game in the series by far.

GameSpot - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart looks and plays better than ever thanks to new-generation hardware, but it's still the same lovable, goofy series at heart.

Hardcore Gamer - 4.5 / 5

Those holding out for a showpiece title for their PS5 now have it.

IGN - 9 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a fantastic PS5 exclusive showpiece for the console's power, and a delightful adventure in its own right.

INVEN - Korean - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a masterpiece both as a platformer and as a TPS. It has simple, quick and powerful shooting action, gameplay without any delays. And its designs for playing multiple times is incredibly comfortable.  However, you may feel empty that you saw the ending little bit earlier than you thought.

Nerdburglars - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is exactly what you would have hoped for on the PS5. Beautiful environments with a visual fidelity that would stand up to an animated movie. A massively diverse arsenal of weapons, although disappointingly, no groovitron. The combat is rock solid and it is all wrapped up in a bow with one of the more Hollywood action style stories we have seen in a Ratchet & Clank game. It is a real shame that there is next to nothing to do outside of the main story but it doesn't stop this from being one of the best games in the series and a stellar title to add to the lineup of first-party PS5 exclusives.

Next Gen Base - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a stunning showcase of just what the PS5 is capable of, even this early into the generation. It looks astonishing, it plays gloriously, and there are enough trinkets and secrets to keep you coming back for more. If you want a great PS5 exclusive, here it is

Oyungezer Online - Turkish - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the first PS5 game we can easily name a “must-play”. It's a lively, colorful, fast-paced game that you'll cherish every minute you spend on it.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 90 / 100

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is brilliant, beautiful and a lot of fun. It offers fluid gameplay, a rounded narrative and just-in-time innovations.

Post Arcade (National Post) - 9 / 10

Insomniac Games' latest entry in the Sony-exclusive action-adventure series is a blast to play and even more fun to look at

PowerUp! - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a phenomenal, PS5 system seller, and you should invest all your bolts in it.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 9 / 10

Dynamic duo is back and they are more dynamic than ever. And they are not just a duo anymore with Rivet and a new gang across dimensions.

Shacknews - 9 / 10

Whether you've had adventures with Ratchet & Clank in the past or not, Rift Apart is not a game to be missed. It's one of the best games you can get for your PS5 and one of the best games of 2021 so far, period.

Sirus Gaming - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is another exciting PS5 exclusive that showcases the console’s spectacular power. Backed with impressive voice actors, an entertaining narrative, and marvelous weapons and combat, Rift Apart is still a system seller despite the underwhelming Rivet gameplay.

Stevivor - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is a powerhouse demonstration of what the PS5 can do. A rich, vibrantly-lit world stuffed with things to find as you enjoy an engaging story, all of which sets the stage for future games.

TechRaptor - 9 / 10

A fantastic platforming adventure with high production values, we just wish it had a larger variety of enemies.

TheGamer - 4.5 / 5 stars

Rift Apart is a magnificent game, one that sets the series on a clear path forward. Wherever it goes next, Rivet has to be there.

TheSixthAxis - 9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the PlayStation 5 showcase you have been waiting for. Instantaneous travel to worlds thanks to the SSD, thumping 3D audio, ray tracing through the gorgeous levels, and clever use of the DualSense bring the many locations to life. Paired with classic Ratchet & Clank gameplay, this game is a riotous feast of explosions, platforming, and fast paced action.

Too Much Gaming - 9 / 10

Either as an adult or a kid experiencing the series for the first time, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will show you why many have stuck around with the series for this long since it first appeared in 2002, and why you'll see more of it for years to come.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

The action-packed campaign and the utilization of the Playstation 5's capabilities make Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart one of the richest and enjoyable experiences in the series and one of the best-looking games on the Playstation 5.

TrustedReviews - 4.5 / 5 stars

Rift Apart is unquestionably one of the best PS5 games available right now, and should appeal to both series newcomers and those who’ve followed the duo since their PS2 heyday.

ZTGD - 9 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is one of the best entries in the series to date.

Worth Playing - 8.9 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart could be one of the first true all-encompassing showcases for the PS5. Every time I sat down to play it, I felt like I was about to start a really long episode of a good show. If there's one small nitpick, it's that I felt that some of the larger confrontations got slightly repetitive - I mean, how many versions of "juggernauts" am I supposed to fight? Also, one might get the sense that not enough risks were taken and that the game's design, as cool as it is, feels comfortable and safe. That feels like a discussion for the artists among us, and this doesn't feel like the time for a literary salon. I am on my third playthrough of Rift Apart, and I'm enjoying it as much as the first time I went through it. Sometimes, all a game has to be is fun.

Cerealkillerz - German - 8.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a technical masterpiece, which finally uses all of the possibilities that the PS5 has to offer. Even when the story, sidequests and mini-games play out a bit too familiar, the game still offers a lot of fun and gameplay variety, that will keep oldschool fans and newcomers entertained alike, even after reaching New Game+

Easy Allies - 8.5 / 10

Rift Apart is a must play-summer blockbuster with heart. *Review Copy Provided by PlayStation

Enternity.gr - Greek - 8.5 / 10

It is a sequel of the basic story of the series after many years, maintaining the classic gameplay, while adding small but important things.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is an experience that pleases, entertains and excites, but also flows guided and within limited tracks (and I'm not necessarily referring to the rails to grind in passages from the interaction inversely proportional to the majesty of the show), without perhaps ever upsetting beyond the disturbing technical aspect.

GRYOnline.pl - Polish - 8.5 / 10

Great power comes with great responsibility," Stan Lee once wrote, putting those words into his father Ben's mouth. Today, the same can be said for the PS5 and the first truly nextgen title that comes out of the hands of the almost reliable Insomniac Games.

Glitched Africa - 8.5 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart doesn't try and reinvent the wheel but that does not make it a bad game. While somewhat short, it is one of the most visually captivating, action-packed games around and a no-brainer for PS5 owners.

JVL - French - 17 / 20

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a formidable standard-bearer for the PlayStation 5 and an episode not to be missed under any circumstances.

LevelUp - Spanish - 8.5 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a fun and charming adventure with good level design and better movement options. Just like other Insomniac's projects it can feel derivative and safe, but that doesn't take away from its quality.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8.4 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Drift Apart is a visual masterpiece and a joyful game, that unfortunately fails to reinvent itself and is a bit too predictable.

Spaziogames - Italian - 8.2 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart shows where the series is going in the near future. There are some minor hiccups and wasted opportunities, but the new chapter is undoubtedly a solid one.

AusGamers - 8 / 10

And with dimensional portals opening and closing throughout Rift Apart's many locales, the general idea is you can instantly travel between highly-detailed worlds.

Daily Mirror - 4 / 5 stars

Insomniac Games have once again delivered an astonishingly well-made adventure which undoubtedly offers plenty to Ratchet & Clank veterans while acting as a perfect stand-alone entry point for newbies. It doesn't really do anything revolutionary, but what it does do, it does with fantastic production values, attention to detail and a never-ending sense of fun. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a brilliant example of a classic formula refined to a point of near perfection.

Digital Trends - 4 / 5 stars

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a pure superhero spectacle that takes full advantage of the PS5's hardware.

Digitally Downloaded - 4 / 5 stars

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a superb blockbuster game that hits its brief perfectly.

GameByte - 8 / 10

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a great addition to any PS5 games library. The worlds, the characters, the cutscenes all look great and it’s one of those games that is just fun to play. Stepping through rifts into a completely separate world works seamlessly and it’s a technical marvel in that part.

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Thanks to its gorgeous visuals and deeper narrative, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart arises the series to a new level. With many locations to enjoy, a lot of weapons to try out and many, many collectibles to find, everyone should find a good reason to embark on this bidimensional journey, even though the obvious collision bugs are still way too present.

Guardian - 4 / 5 stars

This Star Wars-influenced action game about two furry aliens elevates the spectacle and fun to a new dimension

Kakuchopurei - 80 / 100

Even after 20 years, Ratchet & Clank is better than ever, and it looks like Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart will be for many new gamers what 2002’s original trailblazer was for me as a kid.

Push Square - 8 / 10

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the best game in the series since Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, which franchise fans will recognise as high praise. The familiar combat is elevated by outstanding DualSense implementation, while Insomniac Games' imaginative gameplay design keeps each planet interesting and engaging. It's not a particularly challenging platformer, nor is it necessarily all that original – but it doesn't need to be. This is one of those games that's just really, really good.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

A fast-paced game with a good amount of varied content. It might not be the jump some expected but it's nevertheless a well-done game suitable for a lot of players.

Telegraph - 4 / 5 stars

PlayStation mascots bring the solid state sauce for family-friendly PS5 exclusive

VideoGamer - 8 / 10

In vesting each weapon with the click and whir of a plaything, it gives you a way into the texture of its landscape, and before long you're swept up.

PlayStation Universe - 7.5 / 10

Technically Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a PS5 showstopper, offering stunning graphics and set pieces that make use of the PS5's SSD, while also looking like the best animated movie we have ever seen. But, although combat is fun, the narrative of Rift Apart really drags down the experience, not treating its characters with respect and not meaningfully progressing the story for long time fans and leaving newcomers confused. Rift Apart is a fun ride, but ultimately not one you will be talking about for years to come.

Metro GameCentral - 7 / 10

The graphics are absolutely stunning but the gameplay is predictable and surprisingly uneventful, as the game fails to leverage its technical achievements for anything more than straightforward spectacle.

Washington Post - 70 / 100

For those looking for a blockbuster, family-friendly experience, “Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart” checks the boxes. It is hyperkinetic and full of cutesy-looking characters that wear their emotions on their sleeves. If you’ve seen one of the trailers then you basically know what you’re in for: something totally familiar but with next-gen graphics. In other words, from a marketing perspective, it’s a safe bet.

Console Creatures - Recommended

Insomniac Games deliver a Rivet-ing new Ratchet & Clank video game, one of the best protagonists in years while evolving the gameplay and proving that Sony purchasing the studio was the right decision. Rift Apart is the one exclusive on PlayStation that everyone needs to experience.

Echo Boomer - Portuguese - Mind-blown

Insomniac Games revitalises its most important saga with a safe, ambitious and passionate game, that feels exceptionally nex-gen.

Eurogamer - Recommended

With Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Sony's charmers-in-chief deliver another lesson in laid-back, unpretentious fun.

GameOnAUS - Loved

Overall, I found Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart to be particularly enjoyable. It’s landed right in the Goldilocks Zone of gaming – not too difficult, not too easy, not too long, not too short, not too complicated, not too simple and there’s something in there for everyone.

GameXplain - Loved

Video Review - Quote not available

Polygon - Polygon Recommends

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart earns its PS5 exclusivity

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: reviews from OpenCritic posted