Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Just got Rift Apart, the graphics are absolutely insane. What’s the preferred graphics mode for everyone:  fidelity, RT performance, or performance?

RT performance or the 40fps mode if you have a 120hz tv which I think you do. I’d honestly try the 120hz mode first and see how that feels for you. It was just too late into the game to change the feel for me when they patched it in. But that gets you the best graphics and at least an improvement over 30fps for motion clarity and feel.

10 hours ago, stepee said:

RT performance or the 40fps mode if you have a 120hz tv which I think you do. I’d honestly try the 120hz mode first and see how that feels for you. It was just too late into the game to change the feel for me when they patched it in. But that gets you the best graphics and at least an improvement over 30fps for motion clarity and feel.

There’s a 40fps mode? My 2.1 TV comes on Wednesday 

• Like 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The Matrix tech demo does. However, for actual games, it’s Forza and Ratchet for sure, IMO

I don't count the matrix demo because it's just a tech demo with extremely limited things to do. Don't get me wrong, it looked amazing. 

Forza is great looking but I wasn't bown away by it. I'd love to try out Ratchet. :/

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So is the consensus that Ratchet has the best visuals out on any platform including PC?

ehhhh it’s in a league with big hitters on pc, but I’d be hard pressed to say it looks better than Cyberpunk maxed with psycho rt GI. There’s some others I’d put on par with it like Deathloop on pc but all in different ways. It’s the flashiest looking thing besides Cp though.

It being even in consideration compared to pc’s running stuff like CP using dlss to really max it out, is incredibly impressive work by Insomniac. It’s the most impressive right now as far as what it’s getting out of hardware it’s on that’s for sure.

Edit: And yeah Matrix is wildly impressive but it’s just not a game. And the iq also really tests my limits lol.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

ehhhh it’s in a league with big hitters on pc, but I’d be hard pressed to say it looks better than Cyberpunk maxed with psycho rt GI. There’s some others I’d put on par with it like Deathloop on pc but all in different ways. It’s the flashiest looking thing besides Cp though.

It being even in consideration compared to pc’s running stuff like CP using dlss to really max it out, is incredibly impressive work by Insomniac. It’s the most impressive right now as far as what it’s getting out of hardware it’s on that’s for sure.

Edit: And yeah Matrix is wildly impressive but it’s just not a game. And the iq also really tests my limits lol.

Ratchet & Clank looks like a dreamworks movie. The detail is insane. Cyberpunk looks great but I don’t think it’s nearly as good as Ratchet.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I don't count the matrix demo because it's just a tech demo with extremely limited things to do. Don't get me wrong, it looked amazing. 

Forza is great looking but I wasn't bown away by it. I'd love to try out Ratchet. :/

That’s why I said “for actual games” ;) :p 

The Ray tracing mod on Forza makes a simultaneously subtle yet somehow noticeable difference 

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ratchet & Clank looks like a dreamworks movie. The detail is insane. Cyberpunk looks great but I don’t think it’s nearly as good as Ratchet.

The Ray tracing mod on Forza makes a simultaneously subtle yet somehow noticeable difference 

If I take a look at an individual section and walk around I can agree with that. Overall with its highly complex fully explorable open city, and just the geometry of it along with ray traced GI that Rachet lacks, CP impressed me more. And because DLSS is better than Insomniac’s (admittedly great for the hardware!) temporal upscaling, it’s better IQ as well.

Rachet definitely has better modeling and I think it’s reflection method is better as well since you are going to get lower res reflections as it scales with native res in CP.

Between the two it’s probably just a matter of which things tickle your fancy the most anyway, both are ridiculous lol.

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I had no idea there was a ray tracing mod for forza on pc. Interesting you think Ratchet looks better than Cyberpunk on pc. Who's correct, you or stepee? :thinking:

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

If I take a look at an individual section and walk around I can agree with that. Overall with its highly complex fully explorable open city, and just the geometry of it along with ray traced GI that Rachet lacks, CP impressed me more. And because DLSS is better than Insomniac’s (admittedly great for the hardware!) temporal upscaling, it’s better IQ as well.

Rachet definitely has better modeling and I think it’s reflection method is better as well since you are going to get lower res reflections as it scales with native res in CP.

Between the two it’s probably just a matter of which things tickle your fancy the most anyway, both are ridiculous lol.

I don’t give games free points because it’s open world. From a technical standpoint, yes, it’s close, I can agree with that. In overall visual appearance/graphics, Ratchet looks better IMO. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I had no idea there was a ray tracing mod for forza on pc.

It enables the ray-traced reflections to be on all the time, they are normally only on in Forza Vista viewing

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Interesting you think Ratchet looks better than Cyberpunk on pc. Who's correct, you or stepee? :thinking:

I am… :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...