Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

Man, I get covid made it so it couldn’t be at launch but they should have had it so the very first time you turn on the ps5, it’s rivet at that first crystal you hit and it says press square to enter the next generation, then you hit it and it does the scene swap thingy and hangs there a bit then fades to the playstation 5 logo.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Man, I get covid made it so it couldn’t be at launch but they should have had it so the very first time you turn on the ps5, it’s rivet at that first crystal you hit and it says press square to enter the next generation, then you hit it and it does the scene swap thingy and hangs there a bit then fades to the playstation 5 logo.

made me think this for excitement. Cool but maybe only once 

I got the Plat. It’s now my favorite PS5 game edging out SackBoy. Pretty sneaky of Insomniac making you start a new game plus to get the last trophy. I ended up playing way more than I expected and may do my first ever new game plus. 

9 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I got the Plat. It’s now my favorite PS5 game edging out SackBoy. Pretty sneaky of Insomniac making you start a new game plus to get the last trophy. I ended up playing way more than I expected and may do my first ever new game plus. 

SackBoy is some good shit and I hope "Another Big Adventure" is in the cards.

Got a ton to play (have Two-Point Hospital which I want to start), but I've been thinking about doing a second runthrough of Rift Apart first. I dunno! Fucking devs making lots of shit, fuckers.

35 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Got a ton to play (have Two-Point Hospital which I want to start), but I've been thinking about doing a second runthrough of Rift Apart first. I dunno! Fucking devs making lots of shit, fuckers.

I also want to play that Two-Point Hospital sometime soon.

I beat the story but I accidentally hit it to replay in the new mode, before going back to collect my gold bolts and bots. I did encounter a small final boss glitch as I had him down to 1% and didn’t trigger the final blow moment and he killed me. I loved playing every moment of this game and once again must thank our great leader @Commissar SFLUFANfor his amazing generosity in his contests. That allowed me to play this so-far my game of the year game

51 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I beat the story but I accidentally hit it to replay in the new mode, before going back to collect my gold bolts and bots. I did encounter a small final boss glitch as I had him down to 1% and didn’t trigger the final blow moment and he killed me. I loved playing every moment of this game and once again must thank our great leader @Commissar SFLUFANfor his amazing generosity in his contests. That allowed me to play this so-far my game of the year game

I started a new game after I beat it and my old save is still there. Did you check?

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

With Astrobot being in development, I am not sure if Sony will fund two platformers. But hey, we got two Knacks so there is definitely a chance. 

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I started a new game after I beat it and my old save is still there. Did you check?

With Astrobot being in development, I am not sure if Sony will fund two platformers. But hey, we got two Knacks so there is definitely a chance. 

I know R&C is a shooter hybrid, but with it having deep platformer roots, the past year they've released three good platformers, so who knows?

On 6/29/2021 at 7:12 AM, SaysWho? said:

I know R&C is a shooter hybrid, but with it having deep platformer roots, the past year they've released three good platformers, so who knows?

My hope is that since platformers can look like CG cartoons now we see them get more popular again!

Btw if you have a hdmi 2.1 capable tv they added a 40ps option to fidelity mode! Ill probably stick to 60 since I’m too used to it and I’m near the end at this point, but it’s worth checking out and pretty cool implementation (using 120hz mode being divisible by 40 to lock a higher fps with no tear/stutter) for a console game.

Could be a great option for some people, it’s a 33% performance boost, and especially helps with motion clarity over 30fps. I could see someone preferring this at least, whereas  30fps just seemed like a total no go for me here.0

I think i’m going to beat this tonight. :( Been taking it super slow, fucking best Rachet game ever.

Might end up being my goty, I doubt anything will look better or be more fun to play so something would have to have a hell of a story to beat it for me, especially since this story is good too.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Man, I REALLY enjoyed this. What a great ride from start to finish. The entire last part was insane looking. It made me really happy that the ending

Wrapped this story up and made it very clear that this is a new series with these four, hopefully it’ll be at the same rate as on ps3!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I mean what was it even competing against? 

Looks like VR was its own category (so that excludes Sniper Elite, I Expect You To Die 2, etc.), so the competition of PS5 releases was:

Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Chivalry 2

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Deathloop

Death Stranding: Director's Cut

Disco Esylum: The Final Cut

Far Cry 6
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Hades

Hitman 3

It Takes Two

Judgment

Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Life is Strange: True Colors

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Psychonauts 2

Resident Evil Village

Returnal

Scarlet Nexus

Tales of Arise

Tales of Iron

The Forgotten City

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Been busy. Sometimes I forget what's PS5/PS4 since I've been playing great shit like Mass Effect Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles that were PS4.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Looks like VR was its own category (so that excludes Sniper Elite, I Expect You To Die 2, etc.), so the competition of PS5 releases was:

Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Chivalry 2

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Deathloop

Death Stranding: Director's Cut

Disco Esylum: The Final Cut

Far Cry 6
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Hades

Hitman 3

It Takes Two

Judgment

Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Life is Strange: True Colors

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Psychonauts 2

Resident Evil Village

Returnal

Scarlet Nexus

Tales of Arise

Tales of Iron

The Forgotten City

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Been busy. Sometimes I forget what's PS5/PS4 since I've been playing great shit like Mass Effect Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles that were PS4.

I was just specifically talking about PS5 games like Returnal and Ratchet. Not cross gen games but that's a solid list for sure. I personally think this is a good time for being a gamer. So many fucking games to play!