Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (June 11, 2021) - Information Thread, Update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Anyone give an idea on hours to beat?

I believe the Kotaku review said around 12-16 depending on how much you want to collect side quest bobbles. 

Edit: Must have read that wrong, it was 18 hours:

" It took me 18 hours to reach the credits, because I hunted down every scrap of Raritarium, looked for every secret I could find, and just bathed in its visually astonishing art. "

33 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I believe the Kotaku review said around 12-16 depending on how much you want to collect side quest bobbles. 

Edit: Must have read that wrong, it was 18 hours:

" It took me 18 hours to reach the credits, because I hunted down every scrap of Raritarium, looked for every secret I could find, and just bathed in its visually astonishing art. "

Sounds good!

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Waiting to get home is the worst part. This is my first Ratchet game so I am super stoked for this.

You should totally play Ratchet and Clank too. Amazingly polished and still holds up well on the PS5, and it's free :peace:

Playing on performance RT and game looks and feels amazing. I don't think Fidelity mode could look so much better it's worth the FPS sacrifice because it still looks great at 60 fps.

Not super far in yet so hopefully they aren't MGS2 us with Rivet. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Playing on performance RT and game looks and feels amazing. I don't think Fidelity mode could look so much better it's worth the FPS sacrifice because it still looks great at 60 fps.

Not super far in yet so hopefully they aren't MGS2 us with Rivet. 

I snuck in some time and switched around a bit and I cannot imagine using fidelity. It’s obviously better iq and it seems like the lighting is a little better. but it’s small compromises, and the advantage is only when standing still as it is with 30fps. Anytime there is movement it looks way better in RT performance.

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

This indeed looks fucking insane. Rachet with RT performance mode is now the standard other games this gen need to start going after, this kinda just makes me more anxious for the real next gen games to roll in.

Fantastic. I can't wait when this new gen gets rolling. This is just a small taste.

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

So why is this not a real next gen game?

I think he's implying he's looking forward to more games like Ratchet to start rolling out, because a lot of the biggest titles announced are all still cross-gen.  

• Thanks 1

Fuck this is like if Pixar decided they wanted to stop making movies and focused on video games instead. It is one gorgeous looking game and I’m loving the Phantom Dash to the gameplay. Can’t wait to really get into the game and feel 100% when doing so, as my Covid shot is still kicking my ass 2.5 days later

• Like 2

Yeah just got through the first level. My god this game simply takes your breath away at points. The first time you find a Golden bolt and the way the light moves around as you toss it 😳. First boss fight was incredibly fun. And glitch. Omg glitch I love you with all of my heart. 

The voice acting as always been good in these games but combined with the upgraded visuals it’s not an overstatement to say it feels like you’re playing through a movie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1