TLOU2 leak. Most/All major events spoiled. This is just a warning. No spoilers in the OP.

Bacon

10 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

With the game being pretty much finished, it was only a matter of time before stuff leaked out. An indefinitely delay doesn’t keep everyone silent. Spoilers and leaks happen all the time before a game releases that had no delay. 

part of why I didn’t get the reason not to just release it digitally on time. And roll out a physical release as logistics allow them to distribute the discs. 

They wouldn't release it digitally only because that wouldn't be very fair to people that can't get it digitally because of data limits, or low speed Internet, or whatever. Makes no sense to have people getting the game digitally having them enjoy it, going through the story, while someone else is stuck unable to play it. Not only that but it would more than likely piss of retailers I'm sure. 

June isn't too much of a delay, and the quarantine should be lifted by then as long as people don't be idiots, and just stay the fuck home! 

30 minutes ago, Brick said:

They wouldn't release it digitally only because that wouldn't be very fair to people that can't get it digitally because of data limits, or low speed Internet, or whatever. Makes no sense to have people getting the game digitally having them enjoy it, going through the story, while someone else is stuck unable to play it. Not only that but it would more than likely piss of retailers I'm sure. 

June isn't too much of a delay, and the quarantine should be lifted by then as long as people don't be idiots, and just stay the fuck home! 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Well maybe not in America... 

Yeaaah I'm not seeing very many places in the world where it looks like they're on track to re-open in the next 2 months. But that blind optimism will definitely keep people going!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Stupid fucking reason. They could still send to retailers that fulfill online orders. If they’re so worried about “fair” they would lock all games they’ve ever released until a specific time and date. But people are ALWAYS able to get a game pre-release. 

seeing retailers closing down they could have also released the game early. They didn’t do that either. 

I bet the real reason is completely different. They used it as an easy excuse to delay the game to finish polishing it, because it still would have needed a couple patches to smooth out some bugs and other issues their testing was finding. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

It's probably more like they already had a bunch of deals in place with retailers that they couldn't back out of.

49 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeaaah I'm not seeing very many places in the world where it looks like they're on track to re-open in the next 2 months. But that blind optimism will definitely keep people going!

It’s already happening in phases in Europe, including countries worse off than the US

51 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Italy and Spain which were hit infinitely harder than the United States have begun a phased re-opening of their economies.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Italy and Spain which were hit infinitely harder than the United States have begun a phased re-opening of their economies.

Oh I'm sure a ton of places (including the U.S.) are going to initiate re-openings, and I bet dollars to donuts we see second waves hit them not too long after. I more meant successful re-openings that would somehow alleviate this distribution issue long-term.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh I'm sure a ton of places (including the U.S.) are going to initiate re-openings, and I bet dollars to donuts we see second waves hit them not too long after. I more meant successful re-openings that would somehow alleviate this distribution issue long-term.

Of course there will be a second wave, but the US never got overwhelmed with cases this time despite legitimately no preparation. We aren’t going back. The monied interests won’t allow it.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Films already do this, a bit not this early. 

Also seriously, boo-fuckin'-hoo if you have to play it a little later because your weird shitty internet won't let you download it. That sucks for you but everyone waiting longer is way worse, so the 4% of people living in Shitsville can complain to their ISP about it and maybe improve their lot instead of holding everyone else back. And this is coming from someone who found the first game boring enough to not finish and isn't looking forward to this one at all. I got no stakes in this except fuck physical being a goddamn albatross.

8 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

While I'm not a big fan of the first game, the insane negative reactions of "gamers" and "fans" to this leak has me thinking that maybe the story is actually incredible?

I don't know if this is related, but weirdos fucking hate The Last of Us because Ellie's a lesbian and is not sexualized. They will claim they don't like her because her design is boring though. 

Seen a lot of that shit on twitter. Lot of the "Rinoa's shirt covers a tiny bit more of her skin, so this is censorship" crowd cheering for this game to fail. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I don't know if this is related, but weirdos fucking hate The Last of Us because Ellie's a lesbian and is not sexualized. They will claim they don't like her because her design is boring though. 

Seen a lot of that shit on twitter. Lot of the "Rinoa's shirt covers a tiny bit more of her skin, so this is censorship" crowd cheering for this game to fail. 

Holy shit, really?  This makes me happy that I mostly only frequent D1P for game stuff and mostly avoid this type of repulsive bullshit.  The level of insecurity that these people must feel has to be earth shatteringly pathetic.

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Holy shit, really?  This makes me happy that I mostly only frequent D1P for game stuff and mostly avoid this type of repulsive bullshit.  The level of insecurity that these people must feel has to be earth shatteringly pathetic.

Twitter got mad when Jill Valentine and Tifa had shorts on under their skirts lel. 

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Stupid fucking reason. They could still send to retailers that fulfill online orders. If they’re so worried about “fair” they would lock all games they’ve ever released until a specific time and date. But people are ALWAYS able to get a game pre-release. 

seeing retailers closing down they could have also released the game early. They didn’t do that either. 

I bet the real reason is completely different. They used it as an easy excuse to delay the game to finish polishing it, because it still would have needed a couple patches to smooth out some bugs and other issues their testing was finding. 

It's not a stupid fucking reason. I'm sure Sony has done whatever market research and determined it was better to release it later when things are hopefully a bit more back to normal, and yeah there probably were deals with retailers that were planned that they wouldn't exactly be able to utilize it they released the game digital only, and then release it physical a month later when a ton of people have already bought it. Hell I bet they probably had bundles planned. I know one of my friends is waiting for the game to come out so he can buy a PS4, and there probably will be PS4 bundles that come with the game, just like there have been for past big titles. 

They couldn't have released it early when everything shut down in mid-March while the game is still being developed, and now developers have to work from home, which probably impacted how much work they can get done, leading to another reason for a delay being needed. 

You're just upset because you want it right away. 

6 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Remember when they first revealed Tifa’s model for FFVIIR and it became completely clear that tons of morons had no idea how bra sizes work?  Good times.

7 hours ago, Brick said:

You're just upset because you want it right away. 

Nope. I do not own anything I could play it on, unless Sony has decided to release it on Xbox or Switch. 

I just think it’s dumb that instead of disappointing just some customers, they disappointed potential all their customers. 

somebody waiting on a console bundle could still wait for a console bundle. And it’s not like Sony and retailers couldn’t fulfill online orders. Deliveries are still being made. 

29 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Nope. I do not own anything I could play it on, unless Sony has decided to release it on Xbox or Switch. 

I just think it’s dumb that instead of disappointing just some customers, they disappointed potential all their customers. 

somebody waiting on a console bundle could still wait for a console bundle. And it’s not like Sony and retailers couldn’t fulfill online orders. Deliveries are still being made. 

Let’s be real here... it was never about “disappointing customers”, it was 100% about upsetting retailers.

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Let’s be real here... it was never about “disappointing customers”, it was 100% about upsetting retailers.

Yeah, I figure the truth probably lies closer to that. Maybe they have contracts or have heard specifically from retailers that they will be “upset” if Sony cuts them out. Sony will still need them to sell consoles. 

but it also would not surprise me if the game had some issues and being able to blame a pandemic allows them to save face and finish polishing the game. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Honestly given what's going on in the world right now I think there are much bigger things to worry about than having to wait a few extra weeks. 

Sorry, I forgot Sony and Naughty Dog are on the front lines, testing and testing patients, while trying to find a vaccine or better treatments. 

16 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I've already heard people make this argument as well, including my brother-in-law. It is mindbogglingly sexist.

12 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Twitter got mad when Jill Valentine and Tifa had shorts on under their skirts lel. 

Yeah, I was like: pretty sure spandex shorts makes a lot more sense . . . no surprise some people had a problem with it.

I decided to read the spoilers in the first post of the resetera thread (I have not watched the leaked videos).  I don't particularly have an opinion/knowledge of the working conditions process of the leak...

The main plot points I read are what I would expect to know by the time I play the game next year (when I have a PS5), so knowing them does not bother me that much.  To me, TLOU was all about the story (for the most point, I found the gameplay to be "meh", and I actively disliked the last hour or so of the game).  However, the characters (most specifically the growth of the relationship between Joel and Ellie), the world, the journey and the story were all compelling to me.  I didn't feel there needed to be any more stories with these characters.

What I read in the leak made me less interested in TLOU2 -- it wasn't what I learned about the characters (which is what many people seemed to be concerned about), but the main theme of the story itself.  Knowing what I know now, if I had a preorder, I would cancel it and wait until the reviews are out there before buying the game -- it could still be the game of the generation, but it also may be far from it...

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Red herring arguments are beyond ridiculous. People can criticize one thing while simultaneously realizing there are more important things.

I think people criticizing a slight delay because of COVID-19 is beyond ridiculous. Gamer entitlement is beyond ridiculous. 

The issue wasn't a "slight delay because of COVID-19," it was "holding the game back from those who could use this quarantine time to enjoy it because some people have shitty internet" or whatever. But in reality it was "because they didn't want to make Walmart mad," which, going full circle, is also why states are trying to re-open so early during a COVID-19 outbreak. Don't wanna piss off Walmart for too long.