Remasters, ports and collections you want to see

heydude93

Not Remakes though, since they're practically new games at this point.

Having a PS4 alone you feel thankful there's so much to play, but I'm still wondering when/if we might get...

- Onimusha 2, 3 and 4

- Jet Set Radio Future

- Riddick collection 

-Nights into Dreams (Saturn remaster version)

- Ninja Gaiden 1-3, but not sure the best way to go about it.  Xbox versions? Sigma versions? The gameplay in Black is arguably the best of all three NG1's, the 360 version of NG2 has all the uncensored gore that never should've been removed, but some of the weapons, characters and enhancements from the Sigma versions are legit too. For the sake of forward compatibility hopefully Team Ninja might consider making definitive versions of each game that merge all the best stuff across all editions into them if they do a remaster collection)

- Dreamcast collection. 

Sonic adventure 1

Sonic adventure 2

Jet grind radio

Crazy taxi

Crazy taxi 2

Ecco: DotF

Power stone

Power stone 2

Chu chu rocket

D2

House of the dead 2 (w motion controls)

Typing of the dead

Skies of Arcadia

Seaman 

Sega bass fishing

Phantasy star online

Virtua tennis 2

Headhunter

Samba de amigo

Space channel 5

Soul calibur

- Valve collection (HL1, Black Mesa/HLR, HL2, E1, E2, Counter Strike (most recent one), Portal, Portal 2, L4D2, Team Fortress 2)

-Ico and SOTC collection PS3 port (will these ever exist in disc or download form again?)

- Spec Ops: The Line

-Metroid Prime trilogy (this, along with all the Mario games getting remastered might finally persuade me to get a Switch)

-Metal Gear collection 

-Katamari Damacy (how is this not on PS4 by now!?)

-Killer 7 

-Viewtiful Joe 1-2

-Silent Hill 1-4

What remasters and ports are you still waiting on?

If we're not talking remakes as you said, I would like to see a remaster of Oblivion. It seems to be kind of the forgotten Elder Scrolls game to this point, and I would like to re-visit it.

I think Diablo 2 with some modern trappings would be really nice. 

Obviously the Mass Effects would be nice to have (1-3). 

Would love to see a MGS Collection put out - give us the NES-PS4 games like in a complete collection, I'd play through each one. 

I would pay 30-40 bucks for a console or PC re-release of Dragon Quest 8.

And finally give me Tony Hawk 3. 

I think we're in need of a few good Zelda collections (the 3DS and Wii U games on the Switch would be a start). I could also get behind a Nintendo Race Collection which has 1080 Snowboarding, F Zero GX, Wave Race and Excitebike on it. 

It's amazing we haven't had a full collection of Donkey Kong games in one place. 

I really want an F-Zero X remaster... keep track design and music the same, just spruce up the graphic

A Beetle Adventure Racing remaster... or a game that expands on its design would be great

A graphically remastered Ghost Recon Gold, and Rainbow Six Gold would be amazing (tough the graphic but not the gameplay)

lastly a Mario Party Ultimate would be great (same with kart).. the availability of every mini-game ever (adjustable rules), all boards ever etc... just give us the level of options given to smash bros

OoT. I just was updated graphics. I wouldn't care if it looked like BOTW, but I'd prefer something "realistic" like TP.

DA:O (I wouldn't mind if DA 2 and 3 were rebooted into good games)

I'd be fine with Mass Effect, but I don't have any interest if ME3's ending is left unchanged. 

Final Fantasy VII

THUG 1&2

Dead Space 1

As someone who hasn’t played them... KOTOR 1 and 2.

Smash Bros Melee, because people are still using Gamecubes and Wiis to play it in tournaments.  (Then again, they still might continue to). Rollback netcode needs to be there too... but that’ll never happen because Nintendo will make excuses for why it’s impossible in platform fighters.  Even though Vortex/Icons figured it out.

Let’s see a proper modern version of FF6.  Something new with it, either a reimagining or redone Octopath style.

Lastly, more AI upscales of classics that would benefit. Baten Kaitos Origins and Chrono Cross most particularly.  FF8 and FF9 as well.

9 hours ago, heydude93 said:

- Ninja Gaiden 1-3, but not sure the best way to go about it.  Xbox versions? Sigma versions? The gameplay in Black is arguably the best of all three NG1's, the 360 version of NG2 has all the uncensored gore that never should've been removed, but some of the weapons, characters and enhancements from the Sigma versions are legit too. For the sake of forward compatibility hopefully Team Ninja might consider making definitive versions of each game that merge all the best stuff across all editions into them if they do a remaster collection)

I have been replaying NG2 recently on the 1X.  Honestly the graphics aren't bad. However it definitely needs a modern camera. This game is really difficult, but fighting the camera is half the battle. So I would love to see that updated. 

40 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

As someone who hasn’t played them... KOTOR 1 and 2.

I was gonna say this, but I'd need combat to be changed. I find it very boring. DA:O or DA:I would be great. Although, I wouldn't mind making it more of an ARPG either.

21 minutes ago, number305 said:

I have been replaying NG2 recently on the 1X.  Honestly the graphics aren't bad. However it definitely needs a modern camera. This game is really difficult, but fighting the camera is half the battle. So I would love to see that updated. 

2’s camera is awful, it was the major complaint most had with it compared to the first iirc.