Is your internet suffering due to everyone using it? Streaming sucks for me now.

Hulu is running so damn slow once I get to 4 or 5 o'clock ET. Youtube is still OK, but streaming and sites that aren't message boards are really bad.

I checked my internet on my PS4, which has a wired connection. Usually it's VERY fast. Now it's:

Download: 290.3 kbps

Upload: 197.3 kbps

The weird part? This is my wireless speed on my laptop:

Download: 140 mbps

Upload: 22.2 mbps

It's WAY quicker wireless yet can't even load Hulu properly, so I never get to the buffering issues since I have nothing to buffer lol

It's so weird that I'm getting radically different speeds, a much quicker speed (apparently), yet my laptop is having the same issues anyway.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I just tried Netflix and it works on my laptop.

That makes sense. But Hulu not working on either seems kind of weird to me.

I am still having Hulu issues where it works like once every 10 tries , the other 9 it just stalls out trying to load up.

Speed test shows 98Mbs up and down.

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

I am still having Hulu issues where it works like once every 10 tries , the other 9 it just stalls out trying to load up.

Speed test shows 98Mbs up and down.

Yup, mine can't even load. I'm playing HD Youtube videos and loading stuff quickly on Netflix on my laptop, but Hulu is shitting the bed and I've never had an issue before yesterday

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

@SaysWho?

Checked my PS4 speeds

120 Mbs Down

7 Up 

Its on my wireless network

Mine is super slow (kbps), which isn't typical. And if that were all that was happening, I'd understand this.

But my laptop is way quicker and is easily playing Youtube videos in HD and Netflix. But Hulu and stuff like Vudu won't even load.

Could I be getting throttled?

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Mine is super slow (kbps), which isn't typical. And if that were all that was happening, I'd understand this.

But my laptop is way quicker and is easily playing Youtube videos in HD and Netflix. But Hulu and stuff like Vudu won't even load.

Could I be getting throttled?

If you were getting throttled I would assume you would have issues with Youtube and Netflix as well. With so many folks at home its likely the issues you are having is the services are just being overwhelmed in your area.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I could imagine city areas being slammed right now. Parents working and kids gaming and streaming non stop. 

And I would think that would be the case if everything was doing that. But Netflix and Youtube were working perfectly. Hulu was bad on both devices.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Does Hulu do anything like Open Connect? https://openconnect.netflix.com/en/

If Hulu doesn't then the problem could be at the interconnect point between your ISP and Hulu's ISP.

I googled and didn't see anything for it.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I googled and didn't see anything for it.

My internet connection is rated for 200 Mbps symmetrical and I exceeded that on a sustained basis downloading Civ VI off Steam today. I'm assuming it's individual services getting caught with their pants down, and employers not having the bandwidth to handle this level of work from home, and not really residential internet connections having problems.

My connection here in Portland, OR has been somewhat unstable, but I think that's par for the course. I've only lived here since November and it has gone out about once per month, the most recent time being yesterday for about 10 minutes. 

25 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Looks like many started having trouble when I did (mid afternoon Eastern time).

It's very interesting to me how so many of us have problems with Hulu specifically and some have no issues with anything (my brother is having all the luck).

When I tried it on my Roku TV, video wouldn’t load. On my PC and mobile devices, I had no problem. 

weird, but I’m not using Hulu at the moment, either.