PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

7 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is Outriders confirmed this year yet?  I know me and @skillzdadirectahave been keeping up on the news with that game, and still no solid release date for it yet.

outriders-technomancer-tools-of-destruct
GAMERANT.COM

During a recent interview with Game Rant, People Can Fly and Square Enix confirm that Outriders is on track to hit its release date, despite COVID-19.

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

outriders-technomancer-tools-of-destruct
GAMERANT.COM

During a recent interview with Game Rant, People Can Fly and Square Enix confirm that Outriders is on track to hit its release date, despite COVID-19.

Was there ever a release date announced?

@JPDunks4

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2

Some games currently listing Dec 31, so might or might not hit 2020
Scarlet Nexus
Overcooked all you can eat
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
Override 2 Ultraman Deluxe Edition
Just Dance 2021 :sick:

Also I can't remember the name of the game, I think it's digital only? But the one where you explore with an eagle is also suppose to be a launch title

-edit-

The above was The Pathless. Looks to still be a 2020 title according to their site.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You take that back!

NEVER

For real, though: I was really pulling for Knack. I remember starting the game thinking, "Hey, this is fun! What's the big deal?" And then it just.... wasn't.

Did anyone here actually give it a shot? I've long held that it had some components that could have made it a really good platformer, but it never evolved, the combat situations never changed, which meant the limited move set became repetitive quickly. I was bummed.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Did anyone here actually give it a shot? I've long held that it had some components that could have made it a really good platformer, but it never evolved, the combat situations never changed, which meant the limited move set became repetitive quickly. I was bummed.

I  bought it for $5 a long time ago and never fired it up. Might as well wait to play it on PS5 now!

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Seems like it will be up to the developer to implement.

Seems so.  What's odd is Spiderman Remaster won't allow you to bring forward your save from Spiderman.  So even the same developer doesn't seem to support it across 2 separate games.  Guess because they consider it a Remaster and are charging for it, it stops it from being the same client to transfer a save to?

Seems it should be good news for something like Cyberpunk though, which I think would've been the biggest question mark seeing as it'll only be BC available at launch.

Based on what we are seeing. I'm going to guess there is an issue for games that were ps4 titles originally that at a later date get a ps5 updated releases (Spiderman & Yakuza 6 kind of tick this box, Y6 has been out in japan for a while now) have no simplified path for transferring saves between the games (without manually doing through a server) vs games launching where you get both a PS4/PS5 version in one have a way to handle save transfers (This covers games like Spiderman Miles and a few others that recently came to light). I kind of wish I had access to the SDKs to verify myself. =/ I'm sure we will find out a more definitive answer eventually by next year when a dev lets it slip why. 

9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

NEVER

For real, though: I was really pulling for Knack. I remember starting the game thinking, "Hey, this is fun! What's the big deal?" And then it just.... wasn't.

I actually did. I got it as my second game for PS4 at launch (I got bored of FPS games for a while so killzone shadow fall didn't really click with me at launch) and I played a lot of it. It had some serious flaws but I really enjoyed the combat mechanics on higher difficulty settings. It reminded me of 2D games more where when you die it was pretty obvious how you screwed up and wasn't down to a random game of chance (everything had clearly defined patterns). So when you tried again you knew how to improve and not die the next time. My biggest gripe with the game is while levels had some very pretty material shaders to them the design and layouts were bland. "Secrets" spots/areas were so laughably bad.

11 hours ago, chakoo said:
sackboy-featured.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

A new look at gameplay and details on deluxe and special editions.

The game looks like good fun.

It does. The world looks amazing. So as long as they nailed the controls it should be really really good. 

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

MSRP as far as I've seen on new releases are typically 1:1.

Maybe officially if you don't go to another storefront like GMG or Fanatical or something which offer at least 10% off a new release, steam does a similar thing too on pre-orders sometimes. For a while a PC game was $10 cheaper than the console version as well.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe officially if you don't go to another storefront like GMG or Fanatical or something which offer at least 10% off a new release, steam does a similar thing too on pre-orders sometimes. For a while a PC game was $10 cheaper than the console version as well.

Ah yeah, I haven't been into PC gaming for very long, but most of the time I have seen big AAA's on Steams storefront, they are listed at $60 like they were on console.  If it used to be different I wasn't aware.  I did know certain store fronts offer discounts, but the basic MSRP was always the same.

Wonder if PC will raise prices to match the new $70 tag some of the companies are pushing.  Is Cold War still $60?

Yup, PC MSRP hikes typically lag behind the consoles.  It was that way for a good while when console game prices first rose to $60.

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Wonder if PC will raise prices to match the new $70 tag some of the companies are pushing.  Is Cold War still $60?

Eventually.  'Next-gen' Cold War is $60 on PC in the Blizzard App.  Series X/PS5 versions are $70.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They always have.

Why is this particular one starting at $80 though?

It's not?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=godfall&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

There are three editions, and the base game is $70.

NBA2K21 is another example.  $60 for PC version, $70 for Series/PS5.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1599801486
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

NBA 2K21 is the latest title in the world-renowned, best-selling NBA 2K series, delivering an industry-leading sports video game experience.

I'm much more interested to see how quickly games drop from that $70 price tag going forward.