PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

Why would people keep games downloaded on their consoles once they're done with a game? Keep the saves, put them on the cloud too, and you've got the trophies attached to your profile. Just uninstall the game, and if you ever want to replay it months or years down the road, re-install it. Why keep it on there?

Even on PC, I delete games once I'm done with them, just keep my saves and the trophies/achievements unless there's DLC for the game I anticipate coming out, then I'll keep it installed until they're out and beaten. 

And I'm surprised people care about the power differential between Xbox Series X and PS5. If someone really cared about the difference graphically there, why not invest in a PC even more powerful than an XSX if one really cares about differences in power? If you really care about ray tracing, 4K, and 60fps so much (and making sure you get all three all the time with every game that comes out), instead of praying/hoping PS5/XSX do it (lol), just spend more money at once (it's called an investment), get a PC, and boom, your problem is resolved. If you care about power, that is.

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

And I'm surprised people care about the power differential between Xbox Series X and PS5. If someone really cared about the difference graphically there, why not invest in a PC even more powerful than an XSX if one really cares about differences in power? If you really care about ray tracing, 4K, and 60fps so much (and making sure you get all three all the time with every game that comes out), instead of praying/hoping PS5/XSX do it (lol), just spend more money at once (it's called an investment), get a PC, and boom, your problem is resolved. If you care about power, that is.

I can see where this thread is going

fire | my au - fire - Wattpad

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It may be easier to work with but multi platform games will perform better on the X. The reason why PSVR wasn’t announced for RE8 is because they can’t get it to run smoothly on the PS5. I think this will be common early in the generation. #RE8downgradeduetoPS5

Multi Plats will run better on X in the long run because it has more compute power. Yet with that said Dusk Golem has been called out by devs for his numerous tweets regarding RE8. Not to mention DMC5 is actually getting features at launch on PS5 that aren't coming till next year for XBX. 

3 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I can see where this thread is going

fire | my au - fire - Wattpad

I just don't see why the difference between PS5 and XSX would matter to someone, but PC being potentially better than XSX (at a steeper price and learning curve, of course, that's person dependent) wouldn't matter to that same person. That's simply a logical course of thought.

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

You mean for the 10,000th time on the boards someone asks why console gamers that maybe interested in power and simplicity may not be interested in investing $2,000+ in a PC.

Yes, it makes no sense to me. For someone to care about power, but too lazy to learn so they need "simplicity" is a downright stupid, illogical thought to me. Why someone who cares about power would cut themselves off at the knees and handicap themselves because they also care about simplicity is really stupid. I mean, "maybe" interested? We're having a discussion about the differences in power between PS5 and XSX but a PC, which can just as easily be custom built for you by someone else and sent to you to plug in an HDMI cord and play in the same TV with the same controllers, that's off limits? Got it. I don't see us comparing between the Switch's power and PS5 and XSX, because Switch owners don't care. Here we're saying people are caring about power. In such a case, I think a PC would interest such a person the most.

I learned. It wasn't that hard. If one cares, go learn. Sigh. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Demon Souls size - 66GB

Miles Morales size - 50GB

Spiderman and MM size - 105GB

So much for smaller game sizes.  What else you lying about Sony?

I don't mind the larger sizes but dear god is launch day going to be hell on DE users waiting for these games to download and install. :cry: I'd say thank god for fiber internet but with so many dl at the same time it won't matter in the end. 

Yeah, I love my PC, but I continue to see why people want consoles and why they want to know which one will offer more power/features. Console offer a great price point entry to gaming and this generation will enjoy a pretty close parity with the high end PC experience for the next few years. Plus, exclusives. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I don't mind the larger sizes but dear god is launch day going to be hell on DE users waiting for these games to download and install. :cry: I'd say thank god for fiber internet but with so many dl at the same time it won't matter in the end. 

Those aren’t even larger sizes. Some games this gen reach that size lol 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yeah, I love my PC, but I continue to see why people want consoles and why they want to know which one will offer more power/features. Console offer a great price point entry to gaming and this generation will enjoy a pretty close parity with the high end PC experience for the next few years. Plus, exclusives. 

This post makes no sense. What do you mean? Either we're open and honestly discussing differences in power between systems, meaning people are invested in the difference. A PC is most powerful, therefore . . . to someone who cares about the mostly negligible differences between a PS5 and XSX, certainly would care about the much bigger differences between a PS5/XSX and PC, logically, correct?

And "price point entry to gaming"? We're on a hardcore gaming board, almost no one here needs or cares about that. No one here is entering the complicated world of video games for the first time lol. 

And XSX has no exclusives if one has a PC.

So again, none of these reasons really hold water. People are just dumb and lazy, that's the truth. Like with politics, parenting, and everything else. 

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes, it makes no sense to me. For someone to care about power, but too lazy to learn so they need "simplicity" is a downright stupid, illogical thought to me.

I have a $3,000 PC, and still game a lot on Console.  I still run into tons of situations where games won't launch, crash repeatedly with odd error messages, ect. on PC.

Not long ago I updated my Nvidia drivers that's continuously failed, which then made my monitor fail to boot.  I've also had issues with my Windows updates messing with things which require troubleshooting after 

So yeah, I know plenty of people that have tried PC gaming and after investing a few thousand into it, went back to console because the benefits didn't outweigh the hassle for them.

I don't comprehend how people can't understand that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I have a $3,000 PC, and still game a lot on Console.  I still run into tons of situations where games won't launch, crash repeatedly with odd error messages, ect. on PC.

Not long ago I updated my Nvidia drivers that's continuously failed, which then made my monitor fail to boot.  I've also had issues with my Windows updates messing with things which require troubleshooting after 

So yeah, I know plenty of people that have tried PC gaming and after investing a few thousand into it, went back to console because the benefits didn't outweigh the hassle for them.

I don't comprehend how people can't understand that.

Shrugs.

I've genuinely, in three years, never run into enough problems to warrant downgrading back to a console when I care about power. I own a PS4 and a PS4 Pro. I play games on them. I'm not against owning a console. I said, if one cares about power, and doesn't own a PC, they should probably get a PC over an XSX/PS5 if they care enough to debate the merits of power between those two, then surely they'll care about the power a PC can provide.

The amount of hassle you guys all claim PC's have is just strange to me. Yes, PC's offer problems from time to time, and most of the time, it's due to human error and PC mismanagement. So yeah, laziness, again.

Edit: That being said, I don't want to derail things like last time. PS5 vs. XSX in terms of power, go! :p 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This post makes no sense. What do you mean? Either we're open and honestly discussing differences in power between systems, meaning people are invested in the difference. A PC is most powerful, therefore . . . to someone who cares about the mostly negligible differences between a PS5 and XSX, certainly would care about the much bigger differences between a PS5/XSX and PC, logically, correct?

And "price point entry to gaming"? We're on a hardcore gaming board, almost no one here needs or cares about that. No one here is entering the complicated world of video games for the first time lol. 

And XSX has no exclusives if one has a PC.

So again, none of these reasons really hold water. People are just dumb and lazy, that's the truth. Like with politics, parenting, and everything else. 

Only one that sounds dumb and lazy is the one trying to summarize the users on this board as hardcore so therefore investing in a few thousand in a PC should be a given.

Especially after discussing hoping prices would remain in the $400/$500 range so they could upgrade to next gen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

Only one that sounds dumb and lazy is the one trying to summarize the users on this board as hardcore so therefore investing in a few thousand in a PC should be a given.

Especially after discussing hoping prices would remain in the $400/$500 range so they could upgrade to next gen.

I'm not trying to summarize all the users on the board, I'm speaking to anyone who cares about power, that is all. Yes, I think investing in a few thousand when you care about gaming enough to care about the power differential between a PS5 and XSX should be a given. 

That is correct. Again though, I don't want to derail further. PS5 and XSX power, pseudo ray-tracing, etc - engage!

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not trying to summarize all the users on the board, I'm speaking to anyone who cares about power, that is all. Yes, I think investing in a few thousand when you care about gaming enough to care about the power differential between a PS5 and XSX should be a given. 

That is correct. Again though, I don't want to derail further. PS5 and XSX power, pseudo ray-tracing, etc - engage!

So if I am a car enthusiast that can only afford a Mustang or Camaro, can I not be excited and discuss the differences in their performance and which is better, without an asshole Lamborgini owner coming in and not understanding why they don't invest 200k in a supercar if they care about performance?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

And XSX has no exclusives if one has a 

First, people, by their very nature do not openly and honestly communicate on most subjects. They certainly communicate though! Not everyone can afford, in one shot, to build and then  Maintain a high end PC experience. Where as these consoles will offer 60-70 percent (arbitrary guess) of the IQ of a high PC, and higher, in the case of 1st party titles, while providing a lower cost entry. Yes, they will still spend more than the cost of the console entry cost, but over time, which is more palatable for some. PC gamers like to play number games as well, not acknowledging that PC has its problems as well, like power creep. If you want to maintain 4K/60 on high/ultra setting on all games, then you will be upgrading more often. I could go on, but there is not a lack of merit in consoles, nor a lack of merit, on a board dedicated to gaming, in debating the merits of each platform. It’s what these boards are for, at least in part. Some just want to toolkits games, others want to defend their platforms, some like hardware talk. All of this is why we have the forum, to talk and debate all these things. So, I think my post has some sense to it, whether you agree or not.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

So if I am a car enthusiast that can only afford a Mustang or Camaro, can I not be excited and discuss the differences in there performance and which is better, without an asshole Lamborgini owner coming in and not understanding why they don't invest 200k in a supercar if they care about performance?

I'm not saying they can't be excited, but I would certainly ask the question (and I have of car owners) whether I own a Lambo or not. You don't understand, I asked this question long before I owned a power house PC. The question is "if you care this much about power, why not go this route"? Also, the price differentials there are enormous, so the analogy isn't like for like, so the example doesn't work anyway.

Yes, I think, with anything, if you care about the thing, to the point of debating the thing, then you should try to get the best version of the thing. Of course you don't have to (I'm not making anyone do anything, I'm just putting the thought/question out there) buy the best version of the thing, but it is strange to me. The only time I don't buy the best version of something is when I don't care. But the presumption here is we do care, or we wouldn't be discussing the power merits of each in the first place otherwise.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea I'm against debating between consoles. I only asked that if someone cares about the power differential there, maybe they should consider going PC instead or as well. That's not a mean or horrible thing to do, and I'm tired of defending myself on this issue. Sorry I brought it up - continue as before, I will leave this conversation to help. 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea I'm against debating between consoles. I only asked that if someone cares about the power differential there, maybe they should consider going PC instead or as well. That's not a mean or horrible thing to do, and I'm tired of defending myself on this issue. Sorry I brought it up - continue as before, I will leave this conversation to help. 

You can do all of that without calling people dumb and lazy for not wanting to play on PC.

• Confused 1

@Greatoneshere I definitely follow that logic, except exclusives. Sony has a hell of a stable of 1st party IPs that I’d love to have on my PC. If Sony pulls a Microsoft and does deliver basically all IPs to PC then yeah, this line of reasoning really takes off, because outside of Nintendo you can play every thing (let’s be real stadia, you still don’t count!) on one platform at the highest possibly fidelity.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes, it makes no sense to me. For someone to care about power, but too lazy to learn so they need "simplicity" is a downright stupid, illogical thought to me. Why someone who cares about power would cut themselves off at the knees and handicap themselves because they also care about simplicity is really stupid. I mean, "maybe" interested? We're having a discussion about the differences in power between PS5 and XSX but a PC, which can just as easily be custom built for you by someone else and sent to you to plug in an HDMI cord and play in the same TV with the same controllers, that's off limits? Got it. I don't see us comparing between the Switch's power and PS5 and XSX, because Switch owners don't care. Here we're saying people are caring about power. In such a case, I think a PC would interest such a person the most.

I learned. It wasn't that hard. If one cares, go learn. Sigh. 

I thought your blanket take on parenting was single handedly the stupidest and most uninformed take I had ever read. 

Until this one. Jesus Christ what a dense as fuck opinion.  You can’t comprehend the difference between a $500 console and a $2000(if you build it yourself) PC? The ease of a console interface vs running through Windows/Steam? Why people would prefer one over the other? And if they don’t go the PC route then they’re lazy and not hardcore? Oh shut the fuck up. 

Also no, the more I think of it. That take on parenting is tragically pathetic. But this one comes in a close

second. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@Greatoneshere I definitely follow that logic, except exclusives. Sony has a hell of a stable of 1st party IPs that I’d love to have on my PC.

This and sometimes there is not parity on PC, such as many PC ports lacking of HDR support this gen.  Looking forward I could see the same happening for 3D audio advancements or current PS5 specific features like adaptive triggers.

The main thing people should care about is developers making good use of hardware to justify the cost.  And second to that, hardware not inhibiting developers because something about it wasn’t future-thinking enough. 

People in both these threads have suggested that these next gen consoles are coming out now more out of obligation.  I think there will be some things in retrospect that we’ll see and say, these launches could have definitely benefited from another year’s wait.  Not just with when games launch either.

Current gen it was the CPU.  This next gen... I suppose we’ll find out.  My hunch is that it’ll be RT related.

9 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The main thing people should care about is developers making good use of hardware to justify the cost.  And second to that, hardware not inhibiting developers because something about it wasn’t future-thinking enough. 

People in both these threads have suggested that these next gen consoles are coming out now more out of obligation.  I think there will be some things in retrospect that we’ll see and say, these launches could have definitely benefited from another year’s wait.  

Current gen it was the CPU.  This next gen... I suppose we’ll find out.  My hunch is that it’ll be RT related.

2020 was too much of a "future" sounding year not to launch consoles in! :p But yeah, I think that what the consoles missed out on, from a hardware perspective is RT and something rivaling DLSS 2.1. It would be of serious benefit to the longevity of this next generation if these units had custom RT & tensor style cores. That said, I suppose there is always the opportunity (and now precedent) for a mid-gen hardware refresh that does exactly that in 2024?  

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Y’all need to relax 

Yeah there's no "both sides need to calm down in this conversation" going on here. Someone made a needlessly provocative statement while doubling down on another incredibly offensive statement and got called out on it. He knew what reaction he was gonna get when he typed that silly shit.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

2020 was too much of a "future" sounding year not to launch consoles in! :p But yeah, I think that what the consoles missed out on, from a hardware perspective is RT and something rivaling DLSS 2.1. It would be of serious benefit to the longevity of this next generation if these units had custom RT & tensor style cores. That said, I suppose there is always the opportunity (and now precedent) for a mid-gen hardware refresh that does exactly that in 2024?  

Judgment is still out, and reconstruction techniques will still be used regardless.  Mid-cycle was always going to be a thing, but it’s more about what devs will be saddled with IMO.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The irony is that even most PC gamers aren't rocking "powerhouse" PC's. Pretty sure amongst users on this board @JPDunks4 has one of the more beefier rigs here. Him and @Mr.Vic20 I would guess. They aren't assholes about it.

I have a stupidly beefy PC, and I’d almost always rather jump on the Xbox.

Why? Because I just moved my PC into my new office this afternoon and for no reason that makes any sense I could connect to my router but couldn’t connect to the internet. It was literally the only device that couldn’t connect to the internet. It was working fine when in my dining room right before I moved it.

2 hours of settings changes, removing the WiFi card in the device manager, and google searches I come across a command prompt entry that fixes the issue.

Didn’t even want to play anything after the annoyance of the experience 😂