PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

It does. The world looks amazing. So as long as they nailed the controls it should be really really good. 

They mention in the video I posted at the 55s mark about rebuilding his controls from scratch. :)

58 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

So are console gamers going to be paying more MSRP than PC for new releases?

Where are these prices coming from? I get the feeling these prices are Canadian (why the PC starts at $89) but the base game for PS5 in canada is $89 as well.

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS5/Games/877799/godfall

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS5/Games/877807/godfall-deluxe-edition

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS5/Games/877810/godfall-ascended-edition

I smell BS

-edit-
I mean hell. Here is the gamestop US prices

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=godfall&lang=default

$69 -> $89 -> $99

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

They mention in the video I posted at the 55s mark about rebuilding his controls from scratch. :)

Where are these prices coming from? I get the feeling these prices are Canadian (why the PC starts at $89) but the base game for PS5 in canada is $89 as well.

I smell BS

-edit-

$69 -> $89 -> $99

And it mentions PS5 even though Xbox Series X prices are the same ($70 base for something like Call of Duty).

Seems like a low-key fanboy meme.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

And it mentions PS5 even though Xbox Series X prices are the same ($70 base for something like Call of Duty).

Yep which is just plain dumb because it took me all of 2 mins to verify the prices were not right. FFS people we don't need to run with every random shit you see someone else post online.

23 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I smell BS

-edit-

$69 -> $89 -> $99

Are you implying I referred to this as US prices?  Do you think I thought the PC version was going to be $90 US Dollars?  It was highlighting the differences between Console to PC prices, not the specific price.  Console prices went up $10, in other countries with conversion rates, more than that, while PC prices stayed the same.

I think it was Australian that posted it.

24 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Asking about price differences on console vs PC is being a Fanboy now...

27 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Yep which is just plain dumb because it took me all of 2 mins to verify the prices were not right. FFS people we don't need to run with every random shit you see someone else post online.

You do realize you're the one that just assumed it was posted as some kind of reference to US game prices.  I literally posted it asking about the difference in PC to Console prices.  I didn't mention some crazy high price for the game or mention PlayStation at all.  It was just a PS exclusive so I posted it here.

Yup, I'm the dumb one in this situation.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Anyways... it was just announced.

godfall_keyart_1.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

Another game has been revealed to have that new $70 price tag.

I've been seeing memes about game prices and I'm also befuddled why this is shocking to some gamers; I feel an increase in game prices has been discussed for ages considering the cost of development for games. 

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I've been seeing memes about game prices and I'm also befuddled why this is shocking to some gamers; I feel an increase in game prices has been discussed for ages considering the cost of development for games. 

Because some people can't accept the fact that price raises are still overdue when MTX and season passes are successful.

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm sure the guy who made it was just asking questions. 71521449.jpg

godfall-preorder-feat.jpg
WWW.WELL-PLAYED.COM.AU

Epic price on the PS5
WWW.PLAYSTATIONING.COM

Across the pond the classic $60 price-point finally moved to $70, but here in the UK and across the world, the conversion rate has never favoured us. Some countries paying around $100 when converting back to US Dollars.

In other countries the price comparison is going from a $63 USD game on PC to a $93 USD game on PS5.  That is pretty significant.

Did they list the pricing wrong when they first announced it on for PS5? 

It is also £69.99 on some UK Retailers websites, while most other games are £51.99.  

8 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Anyways... it was just announced.

godfall_keyart_1.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

Another game has been revealed to have that new $70 price tag.

Pre-orders have been up over a week with PS5's pricing I believe.

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I've seen memes trying to highlight Xbox as keeping their next gen versions of games low while PS5 was going up in other countries, showcasing Watch Dogs and Valhalla.  I never posted them cause I knew they were bullshit.  It was simply a matter of Xbox using the same packaging and version of the game for Xbox One and XSX/S.  PlayStation I believe has a PS4 version and PS5 version.  Every PlayStation owner as far as I know can buy the PS4 version and freely upgrade, just like Xbox, so they are all $60 in my opinion.

When there are Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed next gen only versions, I'm sure they will be identical on Xbox and PS5, seeing as Xbox and PlayStation don't dictate those prices, the publishers do.  As you pointed out, we already see it with CoD and other games.

I personally am okay with prices going up, as I still believe gaming is the best bang for your buck in entertainment, and I don't mind paying a little more to support it.

But enough about pricing, I am currently in love with Hades, and saw this about Returnal.  I don't know much about Rogue Lites, but if they are like Hades, I am way more hyped for this game now.  

returnal-listing-thumb-01-ps5-15jun20-en
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Explore Action game Returnal for PS5 console from the official PlayStation website.Check out Returnal features, news, videos, screen shots, and buy the game now from PlayStation Store.

@JPDunks4 The problem, if you haven't realized it still, you posted a random infographic with prices and zero context on where the prices were coming from or why. Just simply to point out something about pricing. It would be like me posting a single screenshot of a store showing a PS5/XSX in stock for order and making a statement that "See it looks like demand for NG is no where to be found".

I had to make guesses of where the prices were coming from just purely by what was listed/posted which aligned with canadian prices. 

11 minutes ago, chakoo said:

@JPDunks4 The problem, if you haven't realized it still, you posted a random infographic with prices and zero context on where the prices were coming from or why. Just simply to point out something about pricing. It would be like me posting a single screenshot of a store showing a PS5/XSX in stock for order and making a statement that "See it looks like demand for NG is no where to be found".

I had to make guesses of where the prices were coming from just purely by what was listed/posted which aligned with canadian prices. 

That's fine.  To me, the individual prices didn't' matter, but the difference between the console vs PC prices.  I knew it wasn't US prices right when I saw it, but that wasn't the relevant information.  Also the 30% difference between the PC version and console version was another highlight, which seems to only be the case for Godfall right now in some countries.

20 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

In other countries the price comparison is going from a $63 USD game on PC to a $93 USD game on PS5.  That is pretty significant.

Did they list the pricing wrong when they first announced it on for PS5? 

It is also £69.99 on some UK Retailers websites, while most other games are £51.99.  

Don't forget to factor in that most other countries include VAT into their retail prices unlike the US/Canada. Which makes direct dollar comparisons invalid. Not all countries also charge VAT in digital goods. 

11 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

That's fine.  To me, the individual prices didn't' matter, but the difference between the console vs PC prices.  I knew it wasn't US prices right when I saw it, but that wasn't the relevant information.  Also the 30% difference between the PC version and console version was another highlight, which seems to only be the case for Godfall right now in some countries.

Yeah but again you picked out a very specific instance to point out without actually giving any info to back up the claim and where it was coming from. :twothumbsup:

The fact that anyone saw that infographic and thought it was about "US prices" and not "look how one side is being gouged when the other is not" is hilarious. Yeah, the PC prices posted on the side were there because they claimed the US prices of PS5 games were gonna be $100. :silly:

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Yeah but again you picked out a very specific instance to point out without actually giving any info to back up the claim and where it was coming from. :twothumbsup:

He already explained his thinking in posting the pic.  So what’s the point of continuing to harp on it? Do you really not get what he’s saying? Or are you trying to create some kind of super cool “gotcha” moment you can print out and hang on the wall? If you really thought those were US prices that’s on you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

But enough about pricing, I am currently in love with Hades, and saw this about Returnal.  I don't know much about Rogue Lites, but if they are like Hades, I am way more hyped for this game now.  

returnal-listing-thumb-01-ps5-15jun20-en
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Explore Action game Returnal for PS5 console from the official PlayStation website.Check out Returnal features, news, videos, screen shots, and buy the game now from PlayStation Store.

The fact that we're getting what looks to be at least an AA version of Housemarque's arcade shooters is so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Have you played Zombi or Dead Cells? And what do you like about Hades?

22 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The fact that we're getting what looks to be at least an AA version of Housemarque's arcade shooters is so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Have you played Zombi or Dead Cells? And what do you like about Hades?

I always avoided Rogue Lites because the idea never sounded appealing. But I’ve absolutely fallen in love with Hades. There’s nothing I can find about it that isn’t great. The art, story, voice acting, polish are all top notch. The combat is incredibly satisfying and fun.  The upgrades and buffs are all so unique and finding the different combos is super fun. It’s just a crazy fun to play game in every way possible. 

6 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I always avoided Rogue Lites because the idea never sounded appealing. But I’ve absolutely fallen in love with Hades. There’s nothing I can find about it that isn’t great. The art, story, voice acting, polish are all top notch. The combat is incredibly satisfying and fun.  The upgrades and buffs are all so unique and finding the different combos is super fun. It’s just a crazy fun to play game in every way possible. 

I always avoided them as well, but Dead Cells fucking rocked. Maybe I'll check out Hades once I'm done playing all the backlog shit. :p 

Zombi isn't rogue lite but it did remind me of them due to losing all your stuff when you die (and having a pretty good way to get your stuff back while still having a story to the game). 

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

So are console gamers going to be paying more MSRP than PC for new releases?

This is why I switched to Xbox as my primary gaming console and love Games Pass and don't really care if MS buys half the gaming industry, fuck all this shit. I know it's optional, but still. 

• Guillotine 1