PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, legend said:

That's right, but if the question is "should I get an Xbox" the calculus is affected by whether you game on PC.

But nobody cares if you buy a console or not. Microsoft doesn’t. I don’t. The fact remains these are exclusive to Microsoft. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Last I checked, I still don't need an Xbox because I have a PC.

And no need to jump on me for being a PC snob. I have Sony and Nintendo consoles. I just don't know of any Xbox exclusives I can't play on PC.

I actaully wasn't because I well and truly do not care... for people who don't care about Xbox they never seem to get tired of reminding people of why they don't care about Xbox. WE GET IT... STILL DON'T CARE.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

But nobody cares if you buy a console or not. Microsoft doesn’t. I don’t. The fact remains these are exclusive to Microsoft. 

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of that to what I said. If a person is deciding whether to buy an Xbox, they will care. I'm not arguing what matters to MS as a business. And I'm not knocking MS for this path either. On the contrary: I *love* that they're treating the PC as a first class citizen!

But that doesn't change the fact that for people wondering whether they should get an Xbox, whether they game on PC matters.

Just now, johnny said:

Y’all need to put the shields down 

What's hilarious to me is that I too have a PC, Switch, Several Xboxes and Playstations and a gorramed Occulus. I'm sure I'm forgeting a device or two... still find some way to game primarily on my Xbox for some strange reason despite it having "no games" and being redundant. I guess I'm some kind of weirdo and I should bow my head in shame.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What's hilarious to me is that I too have a PC, Switch, Several Xboxes and Playstations and a gorramed Occulus. I'm sure I'm forgeting a device or two... still find some way to game primarily on my Xbox for some strange reason despite it having "no games" and being redundant. I guess I'm some kind of weirdo and I should bow my head in shame.

I think you should play on whatever system suits you. We all have our own preferences for one reason or another. I prefer PC, then my consoles for exclusives. I prefer physical books to Kindle, but I still use my Kindle when it suits me. And I prefer books over video games overall these days.

Do what you like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, legend said:

But that doesn't change the fact that for people wondering whether they should get an Xbox, whether they game on PC matters.

My PC has no effect on my decision whether or not to buy an Xbox. 

:shrug:

8 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of that to what I said. If a person is deciding whether to buy an Xbox, they will care. I'm not arguing what matters to MS as a business. And I'm not knocking MS for this path either. On the contrary: I *love* that they're treating the PC as a first class citizen!

The conversation started from the meme that Microsoft has no games.  It was never about the platform. 

LBH, It was another drive by shooting by PC peeps to shoe horn yourselves into the conversation. 

GIF by NBA

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't think anyone who commented on this was insinuating that if you have PC and and choose to game on Xbox more often that you're lesser. These were just statements that it's a factor. A bit one for many people, and maybe unimportant for others.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My PC has no effect on my decision whether or not to buy an Xbox. 

:shrug:

That's fine, everyone has different weightings and circumstances. How much you game on PC, how powerful your PC is, what your budget is, whether you have kids, what your room organization is, and many more things are all factors. What games you can only play on a specific piece of hardware is also one of those factors that will affect people's decisions and is therefore worth raising.

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The conversation started from the meme that Microsoft has no games.  It was never about the platform. 

LBH, It was another drive by shooting by PC peeps to shoe horn yourselves into the conversation. 

GIF by NBA

The meme literally says "Xbox players," chief.

I'll quote it for you below so you can see.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Om1vV1p.jpg

I wonder how much of this comes down to our gaming budgets.

Enthusiasts spend more typically.  Not just on single devices, but across the spectrum.  Some people from this board even buy duplicates of the same box just to outfit different rooms.

But I don’t think that reflects the choice even most ‘hardcore’ gamers make.  Most of us will be buying one next-gen machine or upper end PC upgrade in the short term, if we even do at all.  Then branch out as the generation unfolds.

I’m a cheap ass, and saver with a limited budget, so I‘d find it odd buying a console with a library entirely redundant to what I already own (and won’t sell).  But that’s just me.

Probably also why I’m not amped enough to jump in early this gen.

Electronics are my one true vice. I find enjoyment in playing with my toys. For me the tech is an end itself, not just a means. I don’t spend much on any other non essentials, so it probably balances out...

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It’s a console war meme bud. Stop trying to insert yourself into our war. Nobody cares about PC. 

donald trump i dont care GIF

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over how wrong you were. :p 

But seriously, you're being far too defensive and looking for malicious intent where there was none. I'm not knocking MS at all. If you want to construe my original comment on either "side," it was in MS's favor.

3 minutes ago, legend said:

But seriously, you're being far too defensive and looking for malicious intent where there was none. I'm not knocking MS at all. If you want to construe my original comment on either "side," it was in MS's favor.

I would actually say the context of the meme is clearly about consoles as it explicitly references generations, something disconnected from PC gaming.

But it’s just a dumb meme so we can probably all just disregard it :p 

4 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I know we're in the PS5 thread bitching about amazing XSX exclusives but is there an actual list yet of what exclusives are coming out at launch for it? 

Falconeer (XB/PC) and Yakuza 7. That’s it.  Microsoft got games.....in about 3-4 years

7 minutes ago, legend said:

1. I was right.

2. Hug It Out Best Friends GIF by Nick At Nite

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Falconeer (XB/PC) and Yakuza 7. That’s it.  Microsoft got games.....in about 3-4 years

Yakuza 7 isn't exclusive. It's coming out for PS4 & XB1 on the same day. All it's getting is performance enhancements for Series X. PS5 owners will get those next year.

https://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-Like-Dragon-Day-Ichi-PlayStation/dp/B0883VX67Y

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The next gen version is a timed exclusive so it counts. Sort of. 

I really feel the urge to avatar quote you. :raisedbrow:

-edit-

I do consider it legit fair to argue that Spiderman Miles is technically not a PS5 exclusive either since it's also releasing as a PS4 game. So I am going to be consistent on this matter. :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The next gen version is a timed exclusive so it counts. Sort of. 

Microsoft stated 100 games for XSX/S by end of the year.

As far as I know, even though release dates aren't 100% confirmed yet

Bright Memory (might be on PS5 at launch, not sure)

Scorn (Launch Window)

Call of the Sea

The Ascent

Medium

Second Extinction (Not sure if coming to PS5 too)

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Tetris Effect

Crossfire X

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I would actually say the context of the meme is clearly about consoles as it explicitly references generations, something disconnected from PC gaming.

But it’s just a dumb meme so we can probably all just disregard it :p 

Not sure I understand the "actually." I was indeed also saying that the meme was about Xbox, and not MS. And that's also why my first response was that if you're not a PC gamer, there's a lot of exclusives on Xbox :) 

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

1. I was right.

2. Hug It Out Best Friends GIF by Nick At Nite

You were wrong, but I'm still down for the :hug:  :p 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It just seems really bizarre that someone would basically accuse Legend of making a bad faith or dishonest argument.

I appreciate that, thanks :) 

• Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, legend said:

I don't think anyone who commented on this was insinuating that if you have PC and and choose to game on Xbox more often that you're lesser. These were just statements that it's a factor. A bit one for many people, and maybe unimportant for others.

I mean it's not like NO ONE on this site has ever flat out said that if you prefer to game on console over PC that you're lazy or some shit :silly:

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Shocking, for the 10,001 time we have PC players remind us they don't need an Xbox to play Xbox games.

Thank you for clarifying, I didn't get it for the first 10,000 you've done it on these threads.

Oh for goodness sakes, some people responded to a meme. No one was being a giant pretentious douche nozzle like in another recent thread.