PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

5 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Trying to think about account management makes my head spin with consoles. I put the ps4 pro in my son's room. I can be logged on to my account there and the PS5 at the same time with no problem. He can play any game on my account but we can't play the same game at the same time. When I loaded up Apex on my ps4 and then ps5, a message came up on the PS4 saying something about logging in somewhere else and it was going to close the game.  My son's account is just some sub account of mine. I guess since Apex is free to play, he could download it himself and play on his account and we are able to play together no problem. 

Nice.

Now I wonder what happens, if you're logged into both the PS4 and PS5 at the same time, when a friend of yours sends you a message, game join request, and etc.  Do both consoles get a notification?

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

All the deals you'll find will be like that one.  I'm not aware of any that will mail you a card.  You'd just have to get creative and write the code down on something to hand to whomever as a present.  

34 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No, he’s saying he wants PSN cards, not PS+ cards. PSN cards are the digital currency, PS+ is the subscription for online play :p 

Yes @Spork3245 is right... there's deals for Xbox and Nintendo Digital currency but I'm not seeing any for PSN.

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Huh? Netflix works fine on the series X. I habven't had any issues... haven't tried it on. my PS5. It runs like shit on my TCL TV though.

Oh, it works fine, i just find it weird a game like Miles Morales loads faster than Netflix. I was mostly making a joke though.

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is anyone in here running their PS4 games off an External?  

I’d avoid hooking up an external right now. As @Keyser_Sozementioned, the issues people have been having seem to be centered around external HDDs, where the system either hard crashes or, upon booting out of rest mode, provides an error message that it needs to “rebuild the external drive’s database” (or something) with some people’s PS5’s bricking after the “repair” process completes.

We got any exclusives coming out any time soon? Kinda haven't touched my PS5 in a few days and will mostly be using it for Trails of Cold Steel IV for the foreseeable future. Obviously will be playing Cyberpunk on PC. Pretty excited about God of War since the first one was so dammed fun, but I guess I must not have been paying attention because I can't really think of much beyond that... Ratchet and Clank of course. 

27 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

We got any exclusives coming out any time soon? Kinda haven't touched my PS5 in a few days and will mostly be using it for Trails of Cold Steel IV for the foreseeable future. Obviously will be playing Cyberpunk on PC. Pretty excited about God of War since the first one was so dammed fun, but I guess I must not have been paying attention because I can't really think of much beyond that... Ratchet and Clank of course. 

I think R&C is really the next big one.  It seems that 2021 will suffer from the remote development due to the pandemic, so I'm not sure that we can count on any big marquee exclusives, not to mention lots of other in-development games, for quite a while yet.  It also sounds like God of War may be coming to PS4 as well, so it may be technically platform exclusive rather than console exclusive.

So my initial impressions are that this thing is fucking huge. I knew it was big, but in person it’s like..woah. I had to completely reconfigure my entertainment center to fit this monstrosity, and it barely fits. I really hope overheating isn’t an issue cuz I legit don’t have anywhere else to put it. 

yet...it fells way more “next-gen” than the series X. I think because the UI and controller are so different than the PS4, it feels newer. Whereas the XSX feels so familiar already. The UI and controller are basically the same (esp bc I’m still using my elites series 2). Feels more like an upgrade than a whole new system. 

something I thought was really cool was when I set a bunch of games to download, and then put the ps5 to sleep, I was getting notifications on the ps app when the game was ready to play. I’m not sure the last gen consoles or the XSX will do that and maybe I’m missing a setting, but I love it. No more checking in to see how a download is going. 

the new controller is def my favorite PS controller ever already. I always preferred the Xbox controller bc it was a little bigger and didn’t feel as cramped. This new one feels great. Not sure I’ll prefer it over my elite 2 over time - but I love it already. And the haptic feedback is really neat and I hope a lot of games (not just 1st party) leverage it. 

I had a hard time finding the power button like everyone else. Actually had to look it up. Lol. But once I learned it’s just a quick tap of the button, I’m fine with it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

something I thought was really cool was when I set a bunch of games to download, and then put the ps5 to sleep, I was getting notifications on the ps app when the game was ready to play. I’m not sure the last gen consoles or the XSX will do that and maybe I’m missing a setting, but I love it. No more checking in to see how a download is going. 

Wow, had no clue the new PlayStation app did that.  This could prove handy for those larger downloads when you want to watch television until it's ready to go.  

11 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Fuck, the disc drive in mine is super fucking loud and even when sitting idle at the home menu with a disc inserted it's constantly spinning, and there's definitely some vibrational noise.

Weird. I only used mine for one movie, I generally have no use for physical media, but mine wasn’t very loud at all. Especially not compared to the jet engine that is ps4 pro.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But you make AIs, it will be easy for you to get one. :p

I probably could do it that way, but I find that kind of "AI" -- with heavy emphasis on the quotes -- incredibly boring to do. Perhaps even more boring than GOFAI chatter bots.

If I wanted to make it interesting I'd have a system learn how to exploit sites, which means lots of attempts, which means lots of money I don't have :p 

10 minutes ago, legend said:

I probably could do it that way, but I find that kind of "AI" -- with heavy emphasis on the quotes -- incredibly boring to do. Perhaps even more boring than GOFAI chatter bots.

If I wanted to make it interesting I'd have a system learn how to exploit sites, which means lots of attempts, which means lots of money I don't have :p 

You got playstation money, that's a lot!