What are you playing today?

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Odyssey has an option that removes the forced leveling now doesn’t it? I forgot about that, Valhalla has been great with that for me and I didn’t even turn off the scaling which you can also do now.

I know that Ubisoft made a lot of improvements to Odyssey after it originally came out, I played it for the first time last year so I don’t know what’s different about it now compared to how it was originally. But the levels for the available quests were usually my same level, or just a little higher maybe. I never once felt like I had to grind in the game to do anything, but perhaps that’s because I usually did most side quests and activities that were available before doing the main story quests. :shrug:

If I enjoy the world and game I’ll end up doing a portion of the side stuff but I hate the feeling of having to do anything extra just to progress. Like platformers with steep *collect this* to progress goals. As long as it flows naturally and I don’t end up doing things simply because I have to I’m fine.

Like in Valhalla with the raids, I do them all when they show up on the map and then upgrade the houses and stuff because I started enjoying it but it definitely wasn’t required to advance. I think if it was then I would actually have not enjoyed thar part because I would be trying to just cram through it to make sure I can keep advancing the story. Instead I do them as I please and now my base is almost max.

9 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I know that Ubisoft made a lot of improvements to Odyssey after it originally came out, I played it for the first time last year so I don’t know what’s different about it now compared to how it was originally. But the levels for the available quests were usually my same level, or just a little higher maybe. I never once felt like I had to grind in the game to do anything, but perhaps that’s because I usually did most side quests and activities that were available before doing the main story quests. :shrug:s

They must have made improvements after I played Odyssey. I had to constantly grind to be the appropriate level for quests. It was annoying but the overall game is pretty damn good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

If I enjoy the world and game I’ll end up doing side stuff but I hate the feeling of having to do anything extra just to progress. Like platformers with steep *collect this* to progress goals. As long as it flows naturally and I don’t end up doing things simply because I have to I’m fine.

I never once felt like I had to do anything extra to advance in Odyssey, so perhaps Ubisoft did fix the leveling issue that some people seemed to have with it. But I was enjoying the world and game so much that I was constantly doing the available side stuff in it, so I never felt forced to grind to progress in the main storyline.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

Yeah playing it on XSX. Buttery smooth so far. 

I'm playing on the XSX too and I chose the raytracing option over performance. It runs perfectly fine and the city is a marvel to see and explore. I'm 20 hours in and trying to do as many side quests as possible because the main story is short.

Yeah I played it before they fixed it and was kind of amazed at how the main story just kind of suddenly ends. Plan on trying to do all the main side content. We'll see. Probably will try Metro Exodus soon as I've heard nothing but good things on it's next gen update. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Yeah I played it before they fixed it and was kind of amazed at how the main story just kind of suddenly ends. Plan on trying to do all the main side content. We'll see. Probably will try Metro Exodus soon as I've heard nothing but good things on it's next gen update. 

Yea, just tackle what quests you want to do and just beat the main story. 

Also, Metro Exodus looks stunning with the update. I didn't necessarily fully enjoy my time with that game but thats just me. :p

Just now, best3444 said:

Yea, just tackle what quests you want to do and just beat the main story. 

Also, Metro Exodus looks stunning with the update. I didn't necessarily fully enjoy my time with that game but thats just me. :p

I liked the first two, I'll give Exodus a try and see how I feel about it. 

• Halal 1

Got to just about the end of the Glowecestrescire saga last night. It’s the wicker man one if anyone played that far. Really enjoyed the story in this one, this saga format is such a good fit for me.

Think I’ll wrap that up tonight and maybe do a couple rapids then journey to Ireland tomorrow!

Level 210 at the moment.

• Halal 1

I started playing Venetica, and it’s hitting the spot right now since I was in the mood for a third person action RPG. It’s a Eurojank game made by Deck 13 who made Lords of the Fallen, and The Surge games. I actually played and finished it twelve years ago when it originally came out, so now’s a good time to revisit it again.

Played almost 4 hours of cyberpunk. I'm 26 hours in and having an absolute blast just doing side gigs and killing Cyberpsycho's. Again, the gaming world is fuckin insane. I found an automatic shotgun and holy hell am I ripping through enemies lol. Such an awesome game.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

Doing the Ireland dlc today and I also got a unicorn bear mount lmao

You are making me wanting to go back to this game. I put a ton of hours into it but never finished it. It's a terrific game as you are well aware of. Glad you're having a good time with it.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

You playing some new Witcher DLC? :p

lol pretty much. Speaking of Witcher, can’t wait to play the remaster which will be my first time really playing it, and switching easily between handheld/pc.

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol pretty much. Speaking of Witcher, can’t wait to play the remaster which will be my first time really playing it, and switching easily between handheld/pc.

Doesn’t Witcher 3 already run at 4K/60 fps on the PS5 and Series X? How much better can this game look?

17 hours ago, stepee said:

They are adding RT, so quite a bit!

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Its almost 10 years old. It can look a lot better.

Fair enough. I haven’t played it in a couple years. But I remember it looking pretty great after the bump in resolution and 60 fps. Cannot believe it’s been almost 10 years : /

Played another 4 freakin hours of Cyberpunk. I'm now like 31 hours in and all I've been doing the last two days are gigs and killing Cyberpsycho's. Some of the battles I've been having had my heart racing. The enemy AI is very good and you have to really focus to succeed. Imo, this is a better game than the Witcher 3. I'm super impressed right now. 

Question, I have $190,000 and I've never bought anything because you get all the items you need by looting. So what's the purpose of getting $$$?

• Guillotine 1

The druid dlc is kinda actually not the best imo. I sorta wish I didn’t add this in the midst of the play through, maybe it works better after the game. But it slowed down everything to a halt because it had all its own base building stuff that na, I’ll concentrate on England for that, and the quests are much more grindy than the main campaign. 

At least right now that’s my feeling on it as this quest is just terrible. It’s just having you find clues for the order here in Ireland so no map markers where to go unlike the rest of the game, just wander around based on the clues. Then I stumble upon the place it wants me to go, this alter, which wants me to have 5 deer hoves. So I have to find where deer are now, so I find some deer but it’s random if they drop deer hoves and I’m not getting enough. So now I have to go on this mass deer murder spree which I don’t want to do at all.

I just want this whole part to be over with and it’s the first time I’ve felt like that with this game. I haven't minded the length so far with the main game because it runs at a rapid pace still and never seems to be wasting my time. Especially after two fantastic sagas I played right before, this just grinded everything to a halt.

Ireland is pretty, but maybe I should have just visited then bounced idk. Maybe I’ll feel a little better on it once I’m past this bs.