What are you playing today?

7 hours ago, nublood said:

Cannot believe it’s been almost 10 years : /

The Witcher III came out 7 years ago, so saying almost 10 years ago seems to be aging it just a little too much IMO.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Imo, this is a better game than the Witcher 3.

I agree.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

The druid dlc is kinda actually not the best imo. I sorta wish I didn’t add this in the midst of the play through, maybe it works better after the game. But it slowed down everything to a halt because it had all its own base building stuff that na, I’ll concentrate on England for that, and the quests are much more grindy than the main campaign. 

At least right now that’s my feeling on it as this quest is just terrible. It’s just having you find clues for the order here in Ireland so no map markers where to go unlike the rest of the game, just wander around based on the clues. Then I stumble upon the place it wants me to go, this alter, which wants me to have 5 deer hoves. So I have to find where deer are now, so I find some deer but it’s random if they drop deer hoves and I’m not getting enough. So now I have to go on this mass deer murder spree which I don’t want to do at all.

I just want this whole part to be over with and it’s the first time I’ve felt like that with this game. I haven't minded the length so far with the main game because it runs at a rapid pace still and never seems to be wasting my time. Especially after two fantastic sagas I played right before, this just grinded everything to a halt.

Ireland is pretty, but maybe I should have just visited then bounced idk. Maybe I’ll feel a little better on it once I’m past this bs.

I played the Wrath of the Druids DLC before doing the last main story quest which I felt was a good time for it. I enjoyed it, and liked how it concluded. I’m sorry that you’re not liking it, especially since I recommended it.

4 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Which is the better game, Valhalla or Ghost of Tsushima? 

Ghost of Tsushima, but I like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey more than both of them myself.

43 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

The Witcher III came out 7 years ago, so saying almost 10 years ago seems to be aging it just a little too much IMO.

I agree.

I played the Wrath of the Druids DLC before doing the last main story quest which I felt was a good time for it. I enjoyed it, and liked how it concluded. I’m sorry that you’re not liking it, especially since I recommended it.

Ghost of Tsushima, but I like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey more than both of them myself.

After that part it all got much much better and I quite enjoyed it by the end, definitely glad I played it. I wanted to beat it before the end of the weekend so that was adding pressure so I got extra frustrated when it dragged in that part. In hindsight it wasn’t that big of a deal. 

Good story, took a few turns I didn’t expect. Finished up just on time and even for Dublin to level 4/5.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Going to be continuing The Quarry tonight. Playing it on PS5 because the husband likes to watch these types of games and it's better on the OLED for that.

After he goes to bed, I'm probably gonna get back into Pokemon Arceus. I was playing it a couple months ago, but got sidetracked by new games. Beat those games, so I really should try to get back into it.

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Going to be continuing The Quarry tonight.

Have you played all of the other Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, Man of Medan, Little Hope, House of Ashes)? I have them in my backlog, but I haven’t played them yet. I was curious how The Quarry compares to them.

I got that itch, for whatever reason, to fire up GITS SAC for PS2.

I think it has good ideas but poor execution. The controls are kinda not great, just moving around, jumping is imprecise and the button layout is strange.

L1 shoots, L2 is melee, R1 is dodge and R2 is jump. And something annoying is when you jump to ledges you have to push R1 to grab on to the ledge. What is this ledge simulator? The shooting is pretty swimmy as well. I like the melee and I think the idea of stealth is good but the AI is kind of braindead and also move too fast.

The first level has you climbing cranes in a port and when you get to the top Tachikoma talks to you. Why weren't we using that thing the whole time? 🤦‍♀️

Also strange is you need to walk up to button/terminals to hack them yet you can hack a person's cyberbrain from 100 yards away. :silly:

You are Batou in the second level but I stopped playing.

@Greatoneshere

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Played another 4 freakin hours of Cyberpunk. I'm now like 31 hours in and all I've been doing the last two days are gigs and killing Cyberpsycho's. Some of the battles I've been having had my heart racing. The enemy AI is very good and you have to really focus to succeed. Imo, this is a better game than the Witcher 3. I'm super impressed right now. 

Question, I have $190,000 and I've never bought anything because you get all the items you need by looting. So what's the purpose of getting $$$?

It's a great story, but it doesn't come close to the grandeur and storytelling of Witcher 3, imo.

Money is pretty much for implants I believe. It's been two years, so I don't remember exactly what I was buying, but I spent a lot.

Oh, and cars. I spent it on vehicles.

As for me, I think im jumping into Death Stranding. Ive also started Ys IX.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

It's a great story, but it doesn't come close to the grandeur and storytelling of Witcher 3, imo.

Money is pretty much for implants I believe. It's been two years, so I don't remember exactly what I was buying, but I spent a lot.

Oh, and cars. I spent it on vehicles.

As for me, I think im jumping into Death Stranding. Ive also started Ys IX.

Thank you. I heard about buying new apartments with this new update, too. I'm going to put more implants in and buy a vehicle and apartment. Imo, this is more fun than the Witcher and the stories are very good. 

Staying at my sister’s house for a few days, and I brought along my Switch. I wasn’t feeling the games I had planned to play, and I would up getting back into Skyward Sword. Luckily I had stopped at a good place, so I wasn’t totally lost. The controls have been discussed to death, so no need to rehash that, but the rest of the game is fun enough that they’re worth putting up with. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

So I decided to be a little whore in Cyberpunk and fucked the cop. Kinda uncomfortable cutscene tbh...

That’s probably the most graphic sex scene that I’ve seen in a video game, but I didn’t find it uncomfortable just surprising that they were able to put it in the game.

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Did you put it in her ass?

He’s playing as female V, and the cop is male and does put it in the character’s ass which is why @best3444 probably found it uncomfortable. :buttsex:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Waiting for this to drop in price. I love their games too but 70 bucks seems a little much for one of their games.

I mean really, we should have done that - but if we can polish it off within a week, trade in will still be high and will work out at about £8 each…which we’d pay to see something at the cinema. That’s the justification any way.

• Halal 1

Siege of Paris dlc in Valhalla this weekend. Yep, not just playing through all of Valhalla but it’s dlc as well! This dlc is REALLY good imo. It is stealth assassin focused and has you actually playing as an assassin which the series doesn’t do much anymore and France is gorgeous.

• Halal 1

I got a game ending bug in Venetica where I loaded my save, and the main story quest giving NPC was gone. Over 20 hours played down the drain. Since Dragon’s Dogma II was just announced I got in the mood to play the original again, so I’m playing that now. It’s been 10 years since I originally played it, and it still holds up pretty well in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Instead of finishing anything I was already playing, I had the itch to play a traditional JRPG, so I went back to the FF Pixel Remasters. I lost interest in 2 probably less than halfway through, so I decided to start on 3. I played a little bit of the DS version back in the day, but in my memory that game just moved so slow. One thing I really love about these versions is that everything moves quickly. 

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Monster Hunter Rise. Trying to finish up things before Sunbreak comes out on the 30th

Same, I was HR 300 or something on switch but I want to play sunbreak on PC so I started over, about to hit hr8. If you are playing on pc & need some help let me know