What are you playing today?

On 8/9/2022 at 12:19 AM, best3444 said:

If I absolutely had to choose it would be the PS5. Not because it's a big pretty looking package right now for me, but because the sheer amount of exteceptial exclusive titles, and haptic feedback makes the PS5 more of the superior console. But...that's why I own over everything. 

This also my opinion.:)

Personally, I think it depends on the game. Something about the xbox controllers are just slightly more responsive and accurate. Anything that requires twitch reflexes is just easier with the xbox controller. It also has a better UI, but lacks the incredible narrative gaming experience Sony has. 

Sony has a far better "AAA gaming experience". The haptic feedback, 3d sound, upcoming vr headset, and amazing games that offer incredible story, but often the gameplay just isn't quite as good and precise as it should be. 

Xbox has also become much more customer friendly. 70$ for LoUp1, while every first party xbox game comes with a sub I rarely even pay for because of MS rewards. 

that said, I game far more on PS5. 

Also just my opinion though.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Was bored and wanted to see what types of idle games were on steam. Stumbled across this game. It's not too bad, actually I thought it is impressive for what it is. The graphics are pretty good (There is an "exquisite" graphics setting) and you can customize the look of all of the characters. It's not like a typical idle game because there are parts where you have to navigate around a map to initiate battles (but there is an idle element going on in the background.) Also, it doesn't smack you in the face with monetization everywhere you look. I guess the worst thing I could say is the translation is a bit rough but it seems like the norm for these kinds of these games these days. I feel like whoever the people are who translated it machine translated it and never asked a native speaker if the language was correct. :p

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1660282990
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

I had to look up what an idle game is because I was unfamiliar. I watched a gameplay video of this, and I gotta say that I really like the look of the angels. :drool:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im playing Halo Reach. I'm doing the whole MCC in order, but im skipping the first because I've already beat it too many times, and it honestly doesn't hold up gameplay wise. I know that game beat for beat. Im holding off on Infinite until coop and/or forge drops. 

Honestly, I forgot just how good Reach was after the trash that was Halo 4. I hadn't played it since release. 

One thing I don't miss, clicking thumb sticks to zoom weapons! 

Awesome. Sounds like a good plan and then end it with Infinite when coop is available. Yes, Reach was awesome!

I just played 2 hours more of Infinite and its so much fun. The bosses give a great challenge, too. Just a fantastic game. My stomach felt halfway decent while playing so I'm holding off going back to the hospital. 

Tunic.. the combat is a bit undercooked.. but its “mysteries” about its world are so good and the game so enjoyable… but holy crap parts of the quarry were frustrating as hell..

Right now stuck in the big battle at the cathedral …very enjoyable game and world but I think im missing out on many mysteries too

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

More Halo Infinite. It's easily one of my favorites in this new gen. It is a total fuckin blast with amazing gunplay. I love the music and visuals, too. 

the most interesting thing in Halo Infinite for me was somehow free falling from a great height in that games triggers this weird anxiety for some reason.. Its unique to this game.. this after jumping from stupid heights in all kinds of games (Spiderman , wildlands).. its just the oddest sensation

Just now, 5timechamp said:

the most interesting thing in Halo Infinite for me was somehow free falling from a great height in that games triggers this weird anxiety for some reason.. Its unique to this game.. this after jumping from stupid heights in all kinds of games (Spiderman , wildlands).. its just the oddest sensation

That is interesting. Master Chief jumps from the ship in the beginning of the game and it's a cool thrill. But games like Spiderman take that to a new level. Weirdo! :p

Instead of me created a separate topic I'll just ask here. I'm very curious in how long your gaming sessions usually last. For me, most games and days, it's 2 hours max then I need to stop. There have been exceptions with games like Elden Ring where I played 5 hours straight. On average, it's 2 hours.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Instead of me created a separate topic I'll just ask here. I'm very curious in how long your gaming sessions usually last. For me, most games and days, it's 2 hours max then I need to stop. There have been exceptions with games like Elden Ring where I played 5 hours straight. On average, it's 2 hours.

This needs to be a topic. It’s a good one. 
I game every single day. 7 days a week. Usually between 3-5 hours. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

probably just do a second topic like bigs said

But I try to get in about 3 hours in at night at least and then up to 8 hours a day on the weekend, especially if it’s something I’m super into.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Instead of me created a separate topic I'll just ask here. I'm very curious in how long your gaming sessions usually last.

Please make this a separate topic of discussion.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

This needs to be a topic. It’s a good one.

I agree.

I started playing Blue Fire, it’s a somewhat cartoonish third person action adventure platformer. It’s kind of a mix of Mario 3D, Zelda and even a little Dark Souls. It’s fairly challenging right out of the gate, but plays tight and responsive which is necessary for its platforming which there’s a lot of. Based on what I’ve played of it so far the combat and adventuring somewhat take a backseat to the platforming. I was hoping for it to be more of an adventure game, but it’s primarily a 3D platformer with some combat encounters and level exploration. The combat is serviceable for the few enemies that you occasionally come across, and the levels are interconnected offering some exploration. It’s got a bit of charm to it, and I’ve been enjoying it for the most part.

• Halal 2

On 8/16/2022 at 11:48 PM, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Blue Fire, it’s a somewhat cartoonish third person action adventure platformer. It’s kind of a mix of Mario 3D, Zelda and even a little Dark Souls. It’s fairly challenging right out of the gate, but plays tight and responsive which is necessary for its platforming which there’s a lot of. Based on what I’ve played of it so far the combat and adventuring somewhat take a backseat to the platforming. I was hoping for it to be more of an adventure game, but it’s primarily a 3D platformer with some combat encounters and level exploration. The combat is serviceable for the few enemies that you occasionally come across, and the levels are interconnected offering some exploration. It’s got a bit of charm to it, and I’ve been enjoying it for the most part.

Not overly challenging though? How is the camera?

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Not overly challenging though? How is the camera?

What I played of it wasn’t overly challenging, except for the optional voids which are extremely difficult platforming obstacle courses that reward you with a heart container when you reach the end of them. I completed a couple of the earlier ones, but they get harder as you progress. I’m glad that they’re optional because they start getting really hard really fast, and I personally didn’t have the patience and/or skill to do the more challenging ones.

The camera is fine, I never really found it to be an issue. However, I did stop playing the game because it takes place in one big floating castle environment that feels like a continuous dungeon crawl with maze-like interconnecting levels that I kept getting lost in and couldn’t figure out where to go next. There’s no map, so it’s easy to get turned around and run into dead ends. This was unfortunately a dealbreaker for me.

Started up Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. I put in just over an hour this morning and will be playing more today. Obviously the visuals are amazing but I do find the game pretty fun. I never was really into this franchise but this will get beaten. Did I mention the visuals are amazing? :p

I chose to play this because I know I can beat it before Saints Row this Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I've been playing V-rally and Re-reckoning on the Sdeck and I'm getting board with Reckoning. There is nothing wrong with it at all it's just weighing on me and that;'s not fun. Loving V-rally 4. Being the Horror fan I am I bought Phasmophobia  whim for 12bucks.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

My 29 yr old nephew bought Madden and he said it's pretty damn good but extremely challenging. He also said the visuals are really good. Hope you're enjoying it.

They better get the visuals right as everything else is usually a mess the last 3-4 years. I'd think that Madden 23s visuals are incredible...

• True 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

My 29 yr old nephew bought Madden and he said it's pretty damn good but extremely challenging. He also said the visuals are really good. Hope you're enjoying it.

Franchise mode is fantastic. In fact Madden as a whole has been great. I’m happy they put out a good game in honor of John Madden. 

• Halal 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:33 AM, best3444 said:

Started up Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. I put in just over an hour this morning and will be playing more today. Obviously the visuals are amazing but I do find the game pretty fun. I never was really into this franchise but this will get beaten. Did I mention the visuals are amazing? :p

I chose to play this because I know I can beat it before Saints Row this Tuesday. 

With my hospital stay I will have to wait and play this. Once I'm out I'm all about Saints Row. I just really hope it turns out solid. I'm hoping for scores in the 80s. :pray:

I didn’t realize the Genesis Captain America and Avengers game was a port of an arcade game so I played through that (the arcade version). It’s very good. The characters are smaller than other beat ‘em ups at the time but the backgrounds are great and the game is super fun and not overly cheap.