~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

26 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

If COVID ever does get eliminated it will take decade(s)

mRNA vaccines will be key to keeping ahead of mutations. Does anyone know if the review process on boosters for variants take less time for FDA approval?

Last I saw the reviews for the mRNA boosters should be pretty quick.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the right wing propaganda machine must be looking at who is bound to die from Delta and is getting worried. Between this and Hannity there seems to be something of a concerted effort to turn some of the messaging in a pro vaccine way.

Shapiro got vaccinated? I thought they weren't giving shots to 12 year olds.

• Haha 5

Only 10 of 32 NFL teams have crossed the 85% threshold of vaccinated people in the travel group. Again, an utter failure of the NFL and NFLPA. 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Only 10 of 32 NFL teams have crossed the 85% threshold of vaccinated people in the travel group. Again, an utter failure of the NFL and NFLPA. 

I live in fear that I'll wake up to see Russell Wilson shilling some kind of alt-vaccine based on prayer and snake-oil.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Hey it worked out fine last year when teams were forced to play with 4th string QBs who were actually WRs.

60f7917f2a723b0011e4efeb?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

A recent survey shows 67.6% of India's population has developed antibodies against COVID-19, an indication of some immunity against the coronavirus.

The survey was conducted by health authorities from late June to early July, testing 28,975 people above the age of six in 70 districts across 21 states, reported local media. Of these, 67.6% were found to have antibodies, a massive surge from 25% in India's previous survey carried out from December 2020 to January this year.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, sblfilms said:

Bunch of MLB players weren’t vaccinated, now a bunch of players who went to the Allstar game as well as a bunch of Colorado players who were there now testing positive. Good job, MLB and MLBPA for not requiring all players to get vaccinated.

MLB must have the highest percentage of absolute dunderheads of any major American sport.

30 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Fully vaccinated, but I'm still masking up.

I never stopped. The only time it's even remotely inconvenient is long meetings at the office (some stuff that can't happen remote) if you want to drink or eat something. 

Before the LA mask mandate came back it was supposed to be proof of vaccination to be unmasked, but people are being so unreasonable about the extent to which it's a huge deal to wear a mask that I honestly don't trust that there aren't people trying their luck at going maskless and seeing if anyone challenges them to prove they're vaccinated. 

And 100% of them are unmasked:

NYPD-generic-NCB-USABELE5.jpg?quality=85
WWW.NBCNEWYORK.COM

The NYPD has administered COVID-19 vaccines to about 43% of its service members, the department clarified in a statement Wednesday. “Since vaccines became available we have encouraged our employees, especially those who have contact with the public, to get vaccinated,” the NYPD said in its statement, adding that the department has made vaccinations available at multiple times and locations to…