Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

18 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Not surprising that remedy is shit at optimization. Control on Xbox was hot garbage. 

Quantum Break was fine on Xbox hardware.  So was Alan Wake for its time.  Control seemed like it was tailored for high end PCs and X1X performance.  Remedy isn't alone in that.

16 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Wasn't Control on every platform hot garbage at launch?

It was fine on X1X, "good enough" on the Pro (according to DF), total shit on base consoles.

Honestly, the only thing that would keep me from getting a Series S is the lack of an optical disc drive. I still have a ton of blurays and dvd's and I would totally replace my launch XBO in the living room with one of these. At 299 this could've been one of those boredom buys next summer.

Hoping to get a Series X at launch, but it's staying in the computer room.

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Honestly, the only thing that would keep me from getting a Series S is the lack of an optical disc drive. I still have a ton of blurays and dvd's and I would totally replace my launch XBO in the living room with one of these. At 299 this could've been one of those boredom buys next summer.

The Series S is something I can see my 2 nephew's getting for Christmas. For the price of one Series X you can get 2 Series S. They each play on their own tv that is only 1080p. But they can play at 60fps with all the ray tracing and graphical improvements at that resolution. Pretty sweet deal for them.

39 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Meanwhile I have never put a physical disc into my One X, and if there was a Series X digital only model, I’d get that one. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Meanwhile I have never put a physical disc into my One X, and if there was a Series X digital only model, I’d get that one. 

Yeah I have very few physical games from this gen, but I still have a lot of BC 360 and OG Xbox games. If it weren't for those, I'd totally go for a digital Series X. The only time I watch physical media is with the wife in the living room. My launch XBO is pretty much just a digital media box / bluray player.

I'm assuming that since they all use the same OS that the new boxes will still be able to play media from a thumbdrive.

51 minutes ago, The def star said:

I'm a big fan of Quantum Break as I beat it 3 times but on original Xbox One Hardware it was not fine. It was passable. It wasn't until it was optimized for Xbox One X that it was fine. 

I don't see what's so wrong with it.  This was fairly good optimization at the time.  The game was built around the One's limitations, as opposed to Control.

47 minutes ago, The def star said:

I'm a big fan of Quantum Break as I beat it 3 times but on original Xbox One Hardware it was not fine. It was passable. It wasn't until it was optimized for Xbox One X that it was fine. 

I thought it was fine.

Although I will say generally playing a Remedy game on a console is never the optimal way to play it. If you played Max Payne on an Xbox you dun goofed. The exception is Alan Wake.