Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

18 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Or people who just don’t care about 4k. 🤷‍♂️ It was actually an incredibly smart strategy 

I think the jury is out how smart it is. I mean it is also digital only and Developers have to make two versions for Xbox. I think it will not take long to see the difference between the two versions in the software. The Series S is is not that it isn't 4k it has less memory and such.

47 minutes ago, jaethos said:

So is instant on mode just broken? It turns on fast, but none of the background stuff works. It doesn't keep downloading and remote downloads don't start until the console is turned on.

Mine was able to download all the games I queued up last night.

22 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I can't seem to get Horizon 4 to work. I just get a black screen after the game loads :/

I'm having a similar issue with Sea of Thieves but have only tried it once. Have you downloaded the patch for the game yet? I haven't with Sea of Thieves and I think that's why it stays on the black screen.

26 minutes ago, The def star said:

Mine was able to download all the games I queued up last night.

I'm having a similar issue with Sea of Thieves but have only tried it once. Have you downloaded the patch for the game yet? I haven't with Sea of Thieves and I think that's why it stays on the black screen.

Yeah I downloaded the update. Don't know what else to do.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

I think the jury is out how smart it is. I mean it is also digital only and Developers have to make two versions for Xbox. I think it will not take long to see the difference between the two versions in the software. The Series S is is not that it isn't 4k it has less memory and such.

Again, most people don’t care about 4k. 80% of buyers probably don’t have 4k tv’s. Its a perfect streaming device, it still plays what the series x plays, and is much cheaper.

its especially going to be big with parents buying for kids.

For a few hours last night it woudn't pull up my full llibrary, but it was back before I went to bed. 

I like the new controller but I couldn't get my Elite V2 to sync at all yesterday. Though I see it needs some sort of patch to improve latency that might not come out for awhile. 

One thing that I realized was happening with me a little subconsciously that I have never done before... I am avoiding some games to save HD space.  I think in the past I would be all over COD and NBA2K even though those games are not my style I would have wanted them to showcase the new hardware.  Now I am looking hard at their install size and deciding that it isn't worth it.  

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wow, that’s really shitty. It should easily do 4k60 of the XboneX’s quality mode, and probably even high quality than that, really.

This game 'feels' better than ever before.  The reduced load times and the steady 60fps make a big difference.  My guess on some of the visuals is that this was a rush job so that it would be ready by release day.  My bet is we will get another patch for the graphical bits that got left out.

20 minutes ago, number305 said:

This game 'feels' better than ever before.  The reduced load times and the steady 60fps make a big difference.  My guess on some of the visuals is that this was a rush job so that it would be ready by release day.  My bet is we will get another patch for the graphical bits that got left out.

I hope it gets better with a patch, I was hoping for 1:1 with the PC version.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

God I would love an iRacing upgrade to next gen (which is now current gen). 
by far my favourite racing game, and the licensing, safety ratings, etc make it so that you’re never racing people who just want to screw around. I did a 35 lapper league race last night, full roster. Best 80 minutes of gaming in a long time. Only placed 16th though. 

Currently playing DiRT 5 and this game has some really good HDR. Playing in resolution mode since I can barely tell the difference between image mode. This game reminds me of Sega Rally. Good ol' arcade rally fun. Thinking about picking up Yakuza Like A Dragon instead of AssCreed this weekend. Game looks silly and a lot of fun. 

8 hours ago, The def star said:

After using the new controller I am really liking the D Pad. Way more so than on my Elite Series 2. Hopefully they come out with a swappable D Pad with the same design for it.

I want to get one for my PC. I dont like the D pad on the XBX1 controller and I do have a few fighters.

Almost off work so soon to get more play time but AC:V looks great so far. Gears Tactics has great cutscenes, gameplay is pretty for what it is but these games are never graphical showcases. Bright Memory has parts that look great and parts that don't. Destiny 2 looks good but not amazing, still waiting on their patch though. I might check out Watch Dogs since I hear that looks really good at least. 

Debating Yakuza but not sure if I would like it and Dirt 5, but I'm already blowing a ton of money here and these games will likely be on GP at some point anyway.

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Almost off work so soon to get more play time but AC:V looks great so far. Gears Tactics has great cutscenes, gameplay is pretty for what it is but these games are never graphical showcases. Bright Memory has parts that look great and parts that don't. Destiny 2 looks good but not amazing, still waiting on their patch though. I might check out Watch Dogs since I hear that looks really good at least. 

Debating Yakuza but not sure if I would like it and Dirt 5, but I'm already blowing a ton of money here and these games will likely be on GP at some point anyway.

With you also getting a PS5 I don't know where you get all this time to play all these games :lol: I have to pick and choose my games and even then my backlog is still pilling up.