The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

More Hints in Interview with Chris Terrio

Q:  I did want to ask: There has been so much talk about the “Snyder cut” of Justice League. I’m curious as to your thoughts on it.

A:  And I have them! I do have them, but I won’t talk about it right now. We’ll have a date in a couple of months, and we’ll talk about it then. Because, you know, that is a really interesting topic that I have not spoken about yet.

What is happening in a couple of months?

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wouldn't... but I also wouldn't say it's that bad either. Just a tremendously missed opportunity.

I agree it's a missed opportunity for sure. But in terms of enjoyment, I enjoyed Justice League more than: The Incredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel. Is it an objectively better movie than those? I don't know, but I enjoyed it more. 

45 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd say it's better than a decent number of MCU films for me. 

This.  If we’re being honest I really think a large chunk of the Marvel movies are kinda boring and forgettable. Even the bad DC movies I find more interesting and memorable. BvS is probably the only one I really kinda go “ewww” at. 

1 minute ago, Mercury33 said:

This.  If we’re being honest I really think a large chunk of the Marvel movies are kinda boring and forgettable. Even the bad DC movies I find more interesting and memorable. BvS is probably the only one I really kinda go “ewww” at. 

Yeah I'd agree with this. And I agree that separately Batman v Superman is a dog shit movie for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Snyder has confirmed via social media that the CG work was completed on the Snyder Cut. What a bizarre saga.

What? Are we saying that his cut of the movie was...complete? How? What? How is the CG work for his cut complete? Why would it be? Just...what?

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

What? Are we saying that his cut of the movie was...complete? How? What? How is the CG work for his cut complete? Why would it be? Just...what?

Yes, it was revealed a month or so ago that a 214 minute cut of only the Snyder shot material existed. On whatever that twitter/instagram mashup social media website he uses, he just confirmed that the CG work is complete in that cut. Also mentioned Hal Jordan is in it.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Yes, it was revealed a month or so ago that a 214 minute cut of only the Snyder shot material existed. On whatever that twitter/instagram mashup social media website he uses, he just confirmed that the CG work is complete in that cut. Also mentioned Hal Jordan is in it.

I already knew his cut with all the necessary filming was complete, but the CG also being complete is a huge what for me. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but once the filming, CG, and editing on a film is done, what would be left to have WB call in another director to "complete" there movie?

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I already knew his cut with all the necessary filming was complete, but the CG also being complete is a huge what for me. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but once the filming, CG, and editing on a film is done, what would be left to have WB call in another director to "complete" there movie?

The completion of the film certainly happened after the theatrical release of JL. Snyder left the movie before the scheduled reshoots, which apparently ended up being an almost completely remade film.

There are rumors that Snyder himself foot the bill to finish the effects work.

-as always its great to see any mention of Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut...such a great film....salahadeen and the king had such presence

-I would gladly buy into a Directors Cut of Justice League...not so much because i feel a great story will be found, as much as I know there are some incredible visuals and moments locked up in there......plus im sure Snyders cut of Justice League is only a part 1 of 2 product so even then the story would be unfinished..

-as for the already released JL, it wasnt "tragic", but it did feel like a bad fan film trying to overcompensate for everything that came before... (like Age of Ultron beating to death the "lets save every single civilian")..... plus the director had no idea what to do with Batman, he was pathetic throughout the final battle.

-Batman v Superman Directors Cut did greatly improve the movie and its story... though the "Martha" thing was something that the film would never overcome (nor the circumstances/logic of the actual bats vs supes fight)

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The completion of the film certainly happened after the theatrical release of JL. Snyder left the movie before the scheduled reshoots, which apparently ended up being an almost completely remade film.

There are rumors that Snyder himself foot the bill to finish the effects work.

That last bit makes WAY more sense, aiming it's true. The only other way this makes sense is if the Snyder Cut is destined to be an HBO Max launch exclusive.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that the Snyder Cut could be good. I'm just saying...it's really not that likely. Also, he says Hal Jordan is in it...but that could mean that Superman saves someone and the guy says "wow thanks for saving me, my name is Hal, Hal Jordan!" and he is wearing a bright green t-shirt or something.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Now that I think about it, they are launching their HBO/MAX streaming service next week. If they release the Snyder cut exclusively on THAT they could immediately get a ton of subscribers... at least for the short term.

The rumor is that's what's going to happen. Guess we'll see heh.

Meh... they should have it ready for launch. As it is there's little reason to get the service now. At least I don't have to spend any money to see what I'm SURE will suck but DC fanboys will exclaim that it's not only better than any Marvel movie, its better than any movie ever made.

And if anybody thinks this Snyder cut shit was organically organized "by the fans" i have a bridge to sell you along with some Trump steaks.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Meh... they should have it ready for launch. As it is there's little reason to get the service now. At least I don't have to spend any money to see what I'm SURE will suck but DC fanboys will exclaim that it's not only better than any Marvel movie, its better than any movie ever made.

And if anybody thinks this Snyder cut shit was organically organized "by the fans" i have a bridge to sell you along with some Trump steaks.

Huh? You basically pay the same price you would for HBO on its own, but you get more content. Not sure what the back end looks like financially, but it seems like a no brainer to subscribe.