US leaving northern Syria to the Turks (also leaving them in charge of the captured ISIS fighters)

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've learned a lot since this story broke.

Seriously, how the fuck did the buffoon come to this decision? It seems like everyone is saying it's a terrible and shitty move. 

It's a real mystery, isn't it? 

As even Republican lawmakers and foreign policy experts reel over Donald Trump’s unilateral decision to abandon Kurdish allies to an assault from Turkey in Syria, the president himself apparently has an explanation: “I have a little conflict of interest” concerning Turkey.

Trump made the comment in a Breitbart News interview in December 2015 during his presidential campaign when asked how he would handle Turkey and Syria.

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”

He said then that the situation was “complicated,” adding, “I thrive on complicated.” Trump did not reveal what he would do in the region if he were to become commander in chief.

Trump still owns Trump Towers in Istanbul, and the “strong leader” then was the same as now: President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/conflict-of-interest-donald-trump-syria-kurds-turkey_n_5d9bb7bfe4b0fc935edf5be0

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They want us pulled into a war in the middle East, thinking it is the start of Armageddon and the second coming of Christ, I'm not joking

Aren't white evangelicals like the only US demographic that supports Israel? And not because they support Israel, but because they need Israel for Armageddon?