US leaving northern Syria to the Turks (also leaving them in charge of the captured ISIS fighters)

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Obviously I don't want any American soldiers to die in this instance, I want to be clear on that. But if a soldier did die...it is 100% on Trump, and I would hope it would be covered that way.

All because he has some shitty hotel in Istanbul (plus probably some other corruption)

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Americans sure do love war. We shouldn’t be there, but we should remove ourselves responsibly.

I see this as an antifascist fight the Kurds are undertaking. 

The least we can do is assist them because we have sold them out again and again through history, leaving them to their fate each time. 

Why do we do it for Israel and not Kurdistan? 

14 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

how did they end up in fucking Tennessee? 

So glad you asked!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2017/06/23/who-kurds-and-why-they-nashville/97706968/

Nashville’s Kurds are inextricably linked to communities outside the U.S. even as they embrace Middle Tennessee, a place they began calling home in the 1970s to escape war and hardship in their homelands.

Kurdish immigrants largely arrived in Nashville in three main waves. Initially, it was to escape the first and second Kurdish-Iraqi wars in the 1970s. These residents are the community’s elders.

Then in the 1990s, they arrived as refugees when Saddam Hussein destroyed their villages as part of the genocidal Anfal campaign against the Kurds.

And now, Kurdish immigrants are moving to Nashville as the result of the Syrian civil war and the fight against the Islamic State, often after working for the U.S. government in some capacity.

I genuinely don't know how it started, but my guess is that after the Gulf War, they got placed here by immigration. I know my coworker came from Northern Iraq, through Iran, then to Guam, where they settled in Nashville. 

• Thanks 1